main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Futuristic Cityscape

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by shkumbin, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shkumbin

shkumbin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2006
    I know lol,but im saying its strange Ive never experienced something liek this before...

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    That's really odd, do you happen to have Autobak enabled? Because it has an automatic saving system, there'll be three files that you can recover.

3. shkumbin

Oct 25, 2006
    OK<, I GIVE UP!
    Thanks for all the help and effort guys!
    Im new I will work more as I go, it isnt the only chance, I will start a new more "normal" lool, project for me!
    Cheers and thanks all

4. JeneralJarJar

JeneralJarJar Jedi Master star 1

May 1, 2003
    What version of Max are you using? I recall having this problem with 5 or 6. It had to do with the way the program instanced the max file into memory. If Windows was shut down improperly, even if the file was saved, a sudden reboot would wipe it out because the data wasn't physically being written.

I know Discreet addressed this issue, but sorry, I don't believe there was ever a recovery fix.

5. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    I's a pity.

I really liked this model...

6. shkumbin

Oct 25, 2006
    lol, my friend had a copy of the scene, haahha, and Im getting it now and see if I can recover it.
    It gave me a hard time anyway, though I wont propably use it for the purpose I wanted to but either a nice animation with spaceships flying or just a matte, lol
    cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.