main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Gas prices!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Andromeda13, Aug 15, 2005.

?

Gas prices!

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. I have already changed the way I drive because of gas prices

46.2%
  2. I will change the way I drive if prices go any higher!

7.7%
  3. I will not change the way I drive, even if prices go higher.

19.2%
  4. I've already been thinking about clever ways to drive off and not pay for my gas!

26.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Gas prices are crazy! The news is reporting that gas prices may hit $3.00 a gallon before Christmas. Have gas prices started to affect anyone? What can be done about it?

2. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I have had enough of this crap....they say there is no shortage of oil....it is just the oil companies dictating what they think fuel prices will be! I for one cannot afford there profit scheme! I put gas in my Isuzu on Saturday and I had $45.00 to spend on it...it took it all and wanted more! :mad: I am sure the Bush family are enjoying their profits form their oil fields! [face_frustrated] If everyone in America would refuse to drive to work for one week....price would drop as if it were the year 1982! God I would love to see 75.9 cent per gallon again!

3. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    About a year ago, I was going through about $20 in gas per week. I don't drive any differently now, (maybe less, if anything), and it costs me $35 + per week in gas now!!

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    lets not get started on this but since somebody already did lets continue...one of the big reasons they say is the speculation that there is not enough supply to meet the increased summer demand therefore the price per barrel continues to skyrocket...bunch of bs according to me...opec has agreed to increase production (more oil available)...the saudis have agreed to increase production to the U.S...they say the war is a problem...hm, if i remember correctly when this war began it would open up the iraqi oil production into the open market (once again more oil available) yet the price continues to skyrocket...now they want to open anwar in alaska to drilling (which i am against even thought i am not a treehugger)...anyways, i guess being a consumer and i need to drive clear across town to get to work...i will just take it as it comes

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We are going to have to commute together Carlos! Cuz that drive is killing me! That, or get a job at Wendy's across the street? :confused:

6. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I put almost 500 miles a week on my car. Going from the far end of Rio Rancho to the airport every day. it comes out to about $60-$65 a week in gas, but I have to do it so there's nothing I can do about it.

7. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    jess, i am thinking we should start carpooling...the prices in gasoline have definately affected me...i was gonna buy a truck but cant afford to put gas in it...this is getting insane already...guess i will have to put a lift on my cavalier and take it hunting

8. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    i go to work and back home and very rarely go out otherwise... and it sucks because I only go out to places that are close to home and there isn't much there

9. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    It cost me $31 to fill up my car this morning. I remember when I first got it, it only cost about $16 to fill it up. Highway robbery, I tell ya.

Fortunately I do some driving for work and it is reimbursable on my expense report, but prices have gotten completely out of control.

10. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm using my dusty old bicycle a lot more to go to the store. And I'm accelerating much slower than my usual jack-rabbit style. This price climbing is killing me!

11. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm with Jess, its a load of BS. All to oil tycoons are laughin it up while the rest of us are struggling to put gas in our cars to get to work. Sad thing is, that one of those tycoons just happens to be the main person that should be taking care of the people in the US, well he's taking care of his people, just forgot about the rest us.

12. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Seems to me that the least the govt. could do would be to remove some of the taxes they charge on gas.

13. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Go get an oil change at the dealership and tell them you want you tank filled up if you wine enough they'll fill up your tank for you.

14. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    The gas has gone up .37 cents in one weeks time at the gas station by my house, it's ridiculous. Maybe they should start raising the wages to keep up with inflation, no wait that would make too much sense.

15. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    I own a business where I have to drive alot so the gas prices are really hurting my profit margins.:_| I am thinking of raising prices to my customers.:(

16. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    A gallon of gas costs now as much as a gallon of milk! [face_beatup]

17. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Can cars run on Milk then? [face_thinking]

18. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm buying a cow!![face_cow]

19. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    this strikes me as funny...barrel of oil goes up $1 gallon of gas goes up $.25....barrel of oil goes down $1 gallon of gas goes down $.05 if we are lucky...we're taking it in the rears friends but i just wish they would be more gentile about it!

20. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    we're taking it in the rears friends but i just wish they would be more gentile about it!

but most lube is petrolatum based...

-lor

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    COW POWER! [face_cow]

*just a little joke for Yvonne*

22. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

but most lube is petrolatum based...

-lor[/quote]

[face_laugh]

23. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Think about it....at the price I pay to fill up my tank ($45.00) After 10 tanks of gas....I could by armor... That just blows my mind!

24. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    So is the price of lube gonna go up? [face_thinking]

25. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    heh, the price for a damned oil change hasn't doubled...they are doing it because they know we need gas...

lor, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.