main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE23 General chat thread Friday

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Apr 7, 2023.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I figured we could have a general quick chat about what's going on today.

I'm currently in the line around N1 in the queue hall

2. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I’m in the Celebration stage line at N4. Not surprisingly there’s a lot of people here already!

3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Both of you have a good time!

Temp77 likes this.
  4. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Both of you have a good time!

5. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Sorry for the repeat.....

6. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    Everyone in the Celebration Stage line in the main queue hall have now been moved to the Celebration Stage queue hall opposite the Celebration Stage! It was quite the walk between the two queue halls with some interesting stuff seen along the way which will definitely merit exploring when l have more time later!

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And me and Chris had a nice chat in front of the galaxy stage queue

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    They didn’t start letting the Celebration queue hall in to Celebration Stage until 10:40 and some people are still coming in now at 11:08!!

9. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    As a ST fan I’m regretting not pulling the trigger on that trip to London right about now.

10. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    Watching from home, the livestream has just started.

11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Same. I have only seen one person in the crowd wearing a mask which surprised me a little but nice to see people feeling comfortable enough to not wear one.
    Loving watching the stream, trailer, and hearing the new stuff coming!

12. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    There seems to be more people here than there was last time Celebration was held in London. You couldn’t even move at lunchtime with the entire main walkway totally grid locked! I’ve heard of a few people saying they left because they felt unsafe.

Lunchtime crowds aside I’m having a good day. The opening panel was longer than I expected and revealed quite a lot!

I also was allowed into the Store via the lightspeed lane to pick up my pre ordered merchandise that never arrived and was able to purchase a few other things whilst in there.

13. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Temp77, glad you got your stuff! and a bonus to pick up more! I saw a video of the store brfore it opening for "the masses". I hope there was enough room for everyone to shop. have fun!

Temp77 likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The main thing I’m seeing people discussing is that it’s just way overcrowded. I’ve seen pictures of the lunch area. And apparently just moving through the show floor is incredibly slow due to crowding.

But other than that I haven’t seen any major gripes. But I’m sure those will emerge.

Hopefully tomorrow some of this initial rush will die down a bit and it will become a bit more relaxed, especially now that the LucasFilm panel and Mandalorian screening is out of the way.

15. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm trying to figure out exactly how the convention center is set up, I've seen the maps of it and it sort of looks like a big hallway with rooms coming off to the sides, am I wrong? Maybe I'm comparing it to the places here that Cele.'s have been held, as for the crowds go. I'm not good at estimation. I remember the lunch time crowds at Chicago, ugh!

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    On the whole I thought it was pretty well organized.
    I got into the Andor Panel.& Saw the season 2 trailer.

The trailers for Indiana Jones & Ahsoka look good, I've heard impressive things about The Acolyte & hopefully Skeleton Crew will be fun.

Big queues for everything but that's to be expected, it was easier early in the morning and after 5pm.
    Not too crowded though I felt, everything moved along well in the merchandise halls and getting upstairs to the smaller stages was easy enough when I saw the history of the Millennium Falcon panel.

Not sure it's worth trying to get into the Ahsoka back-up line tomorrow, I doubt we'll learn much from that other than maybe who is playing Thrawn.

Prices are high, as we should expect.
    Sets are very impressive, I need to take a lot of pictures with all the stuff.

I got a free t-shirt from the Celebration Stage and completed all but one of the Bounty Hunter quiz codes

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  17. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Pretty much the same thoughts, though I did think it was somewhat overcrowded compared to past London CEs/could have been spaced out better, even with the few stores they had. Also not a fan of the panel lottery nonsense, the 2007/2016 queuing in the morning method was far better and fairer IMO. Also you got a free T-shirt!? I want one! Haha

18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I wonder if it will be crowded on Sat.? people could be still arriving(I doubt it a bit) I don't like the lottery thing either or to have to constantly check the phone for notices. I'd rather suffer in a line of the panel of my choice. I hope you get that T-shirt!

19. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I thought it was very crowded on Friday and Saturday. There are some empty halls which were not being used for anything, which could have been used to space things out some more. I suppose they were left empty to save ReedPop some money.

20. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    How was the dealer room? lots of booths and goodies? that's where I spend a lot of time at Cele.'s if nothing else is happening. hope there are many good costumes and characters roaming about! I was wondering about the 501st group, they are always fun! were they present?