main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit General post NJO Discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Invictus, May 5, 2021.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The comics didn’t want to preset the books into a certain path. The books had a result, but the path to getting there wasn’t known. I’d like to know more too, but it makes sense why they wouldn’t want just open comic series to determine an entire century of prime timeline material.

2. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    It's funny talking about all the ways Legacy went out of its way to not lock in the books to a set path (Not mentioning how directly descendent from Ben Kol and Nat were, not having Lowie show up even though he would be perfectly able to age wise etc.)

Meanwhile FOTJ and Denning were clearly setting up a collision course with Krayt that would have tossed Legacy away with no worries whatsoever.

God what a joke. Thank Christ he didn't get the chance

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

But it did.

The Empire is restored

The Fel's are in charge

Possible related to the Solo family line maybe.

If anything Legacy did lock in the books by what they did.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  4. Slater

Oct 12, 2014
    Not when the people writing the books didn't care. Which is the point. Denning was going to steam role over Legacy if it kept going. He wasn't "locked in" by it at all. Frankly it would have been far better if he was.

Nom von Anor and AusStig like this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think he was partly locked in. If he wasn't he would have killed Jagged and had Jaina marry Zekk. He was at least for a while following legacy. And we are all the better for it.

6. Slater

Oct 12, 2014
    He tried to break them up and only hastly put them back together after fan backlash.

But again, the fact that he even managed to break them up at all in the first place, and that nobody stopped him just shows how much he didnt care about Legacy and how fine he was rendering it all null.

Nom von Anor, Golbolco and AusStig like this.
  7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I do wonder how he would have responded to gan backlash to him breaking up Ben and Ves, though if Crucible seems any guide he doesn't care. He seems to not care about others stories.

8. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Denning strikes me as someone who knows where his bread is buttered, its not the fans that pay his salary or commission(how does that work anyway?) Del Rey and Lucasfilm do.

If he wants to do something and his superiors are fine with it, the fans are free not to buy it. Other than that, its no skin off his back.

Destiny975 likes this.
  9. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    Yeah, but the book not selling well might cause problems too. It seems you're right though, cause he killed of both Anakin Solo and Jacen, and also wrote dark nest (I've heard it was weird), so he's probably used to backlash and stuff.

Darth Invictus and AusStig like this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    As I said, with the result, not the path.

AusStig likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It honestly strange they let the comics jump ahead of the books at all in all honesty. I've always considered Comics to be a tier below books in the heiracy and determining a direction of the timeline seems odd to me no matter how far in the future you go. Or at least 100 years. Now if it were 1000 years maybe I'd see things differently.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well that's the thing, Legacy helped me and many others finally get rid of our literary elitism and see comics on the same tier. And honestly it's probably a medium more true to Stars Wars than novelization.

Doompup, Slater and AusStig like this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I would agree with that in terms of the comics being more true to Star Wars (Hence why my preference to Dark Empire even over the Thrawn Trilogy) i'm just surprised it was allowed at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2021
    Ghost likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    NJO series to Legacy comics for me.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

How easy is it to ignore most of the Post NJO material when reading Legacy comics?

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just one reference to a Darth Caedus. No Jacen and him being one in the same mention.
    Jag Fel started the Fel Dynasty. Etc.
    No Kiliks, Daala, Lumiya, Abeloth, etc.

Nom von Anor, AusStig and Slater like this.
  17. Slater

Oct 12, 2014
    The true path. As I have said before:

AusStig likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean i don't care about the Legacy comics either way, but i am curious if it's easy to just ignore the post NJO stuff and still get the same effect.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lumiya was mentioned I’m 85% sure.

20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    If she is it in only once. Vergre does speak about being Sith in one page, but I don't recall her mentioning Lumiya by name.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I thought Krayt mentioned her in the ‘lightning rod’ comment.

22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yes, on the same page he mentions Cadeus. She is mentioned as working with Vergre. She is barely a footnote.

I also think it was a mistake to not make Krayt Jacen, but alas. One of the flaws of legacy is that it feels more like a sequel to the PT comics than post endor.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    K'Kruhk and T'ra Saa and A'Sharad Hett does that.

We could have easily had Lowbacca turn up.

AusStig likes this.
  24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I would hav put Lowi in K'Kruks place. As the old master. Cause I kinda looks like after Luke died, this old guard came in and swept out his people.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's what a Kylo Ren massacre does for you.

Darth Corydon likes this.