main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable OPEN Genesis Gate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, May 27, 2020.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Mr. Ke

He brushes the blood from his shoulder. It smears.

Someone throws something at him.

He takes in the room's interior. He smokes.

Somewhere or another...

Quinn's answers: Reasonable.

Mr. Ke has one question.

His voice mumbles, muffled from behind the paper bag. "Can I trouble you for a Doctor?"

Tag: @spacelady @Shadowsun @Narancia @Ktala @Darth_Elu

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    IC: Nomuk Lhur
    A bloody mess

PLOOP!

Such a simple sound. It was too simple a sound to explain what happened next. As the man curled up in pain. And then, the horror of watching the man ... un-become, until he imploded in on himself into a tiny, disgusting ball hovering in midair…spasmed for half a second, then before anyone could react….

Exploded with all of the blood and gore one would expect splattering all of them, staining the stone floors and walls.

Nomuk's ears swiveled back as a deep growl came from his throat.

'By the Force!'

Nomuk blinked. Why had he just thought that?

Nevermind. The insane laugh of the man who had caused the happening was swimming over his ears. Then the woman who he remembered called herself Atmora moved to grab the insane man and they had heated words. But Nomuk was listening to this man named Baron who seemed to be in charge.

He pointed a finger at them.

“That’s where you all come in, ladies and gentlemen. And you are our second wave of elites. The first was summoned just yesterday and is still getting used to the place themselves. I believe this answers most of your questions. As for how many came before you? Regarding those of possible elite status such as yourselves, there was about thirty or so. Not all of them will make it, like not all of you will either. One already has shown that. As for in general? Well now…that’s hard to say. Millions and millions. We’ve got quite the army of our own, you see. It’s how we’ve been putting up a fight, though it still pales in comparison to the enemy.”

Quinn folded his arms, ignoring the slight squelching sound that came from the movement.

“As for the loss of your memories, I apologize for that. What you’ve all undergone to get through to here is called the genesis process and we’re still refining it. Your amnesia is an unfortunate side effect, but temporary I am pleased to say. Your memories will return soon enough. If the last batch of elite recruits is a standard to go by, given reports, I’d say about a day.”

Another long pause followed this and then he leveled another strong gaze at them all. “And let me say this now. Like it or not, there is no going back anyway. But trust me, that’s the other thing I need to tell you.

.... Everything you knew before is a lie.”

That sounded strangely familiar. Nomuk frowned and then he spoke.

"Interrresting. You brring people herre. To fight a warrr we no nothing about." He looked at the man with some type of material covering his head, and the one making blood wings on the floor. He then looked back at the Baron. "With no mmmmemorrries. And seemingly nnno sstandarrrds."

He snorted. "Nooot greatest firrst immmpression."

He did not like the what he was seeing as first impression. As far as he was concerned, he had been stolen. And with no memories, he could not even tell what he had lost. But the man did say it would recover.

Nomuk crossed his arms.

"I am Nomuk. I think a way to clean ourrrselves, is best for noww." He pointed to the cords. "Hooww much longerr?:

TAG: @Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @spacelady @Darth_Elu @Narancia

Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Character Sheet GM Approved!

Picture: [​IMG]
    Name: Califlour
    Race:
    Fire Demon / Fire Monster
    Really? Age shaming at a time like this? Some people man.
    Hair Color: Generally firey red, although that's really just my body, but if calling it hair makes you more comfortable. Eh.
    Eye Color: Yellow, maybe orange. Ha, you see what I did there didn't you? Hehe.
    Height & Build: Depends - what are you willing to give up?
    Other Physical Attributes: Fire, gains strength based on what I eat. Living materials or organs are the best, just saying. Although a properly aged log or refined coal is pretty fantastic as well.
    Magic Sensitivity: I am magic! What do you think?

IC: Califlour
    The Birthing Ember

Being awoken in a simple state Califlour found wereself a small simmering ember connected by a tube of light. Were they was would just appear as just merely a orangish bulb on the end of that light stalk. They heard the words and understood them, they heard more and understood them as well.

Yet having just woken they could not fathom or do much, it seemed like they weighed too much or did not have enough energy to move anything! Pinned by simple existence. It was intolerable, to be at the mercy of whatever would notice them. Only that didn't last. As soon one of them, exploded. It was dramatically calm, but when an organ, a liver they thinks hit them. . .

They grew and swallowed it, flaring to life and larger form as a tail to a tail and arms and a head as he burned and chewed this first meal! It was fantastic! Still when all was said and done he was little more than the size of a boot or shoe. This would not do.

Crawling upon the ground his flaming tongue and greedy hands darted too and fro for any bits he could reach, leaving flame polished floor in his wake. Looking up as he slurped on a piece of intestine he waved at where he had heard the voice calling for cleanliness was from.

"Toss em' here! Oh my goodness! Toss them here! I'll clean it all so not a lick of blood is left, oooh blood! It is good, but any have the eyes? The heart? Brains? These things are better! These things are best!" Califlour called out in an excited voice, for some reason the voice brought a name to mind as well, why would he have a name and a name for his voice? Eh, no worries. Life was suddenly good!

TAG: @Darth_Elu

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tiberius Trajan
    The Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach

As Tiberius waited and listened to whatever response Quinn gave to Mir's question, he turned his gaze to another that he had noticed before. A creature that was seemingly made out of fire. Tiberius furrowed his brow at this, a quizzical look as his mind began to truly process what was happening around them.

Magic was something he was familiar with, although he could not remember what from, although he sensed he had magic before, in whatever past life happened. Although apparently, that was not real, according to whoever this 'Quinn' was. But that thing... it was distinctly magically. Not to mention he found it wildly bizarre that whatever world, planet, or hell that thing was from that he was able to understand what it was saying. Or what anyone was saying for that matter.

"Quinn, if that is truly your name... what have you done to my magic? Why is it gone? Why does that little fire daemon have magic and I do not?" he gave a slight nod to the fire creature to indicate that was what he was speaking about.

"How is it we are able to understand one another?" He tilted his head. "After all would one not except for us to babble aimlessly... I myself feel the sense that this is not the normal tongue in which I speak in,"

He tilted his head in contemplation, he did not enjoy this sense of not understanding of not knowing who he was. But it was such a paradox, it was not as if he remembered nothing. After all to remember nothing would be to be but a mindless child, incapable of speaking. But no, he knew how to, and what his name was, and what magic was, a few other random associations he could make. It was as if only a tenth of a percentage of him was here, rest placed in static noise, still dwelling within, but sleeping.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Mitth_Fisto @spacelady @Narancia @The Jedi in the Pumas @Ktala

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The Central District
    ~Shadow’s Reach~

As Goro finally managed to stumble out of the Elite Dreamers Estate, wrestling with his hangover, he would find himself in the Common Quarter. The fact that nothing seemed of interest to him in this area, at least at this time, quickly had him relocating himself instead to the Central District.

Upon immediately entering the area from the direction he came, he would find the same sights that his fellow elite, Valynor, had. The Shadow’s Reach Auction House to his left and Spacey’s Designs & Clothier to his right. There would be a good sized four way intersection of the street straight ahead, with those two buildings marking the southern parts of the intersection here on the first floor. Across from the Auction House was the Technological Wonders of the Centauri Empire, some kind of store for high-tech equipment. And across from that and the Clothier below was Erada’s Repair Shop. It looked like it also specialized in high tech devices, though had a broader range than the Centauri store.

None of these would look remotely familiar to him, he would note while seeing Valynor now turning down the left street and heading down that way with some sense of purpose. Off on his own little exploration adventure evidently.

Taking another look around, Goro would finally notice one thing that seemed to truly call to him, down the short street to his right. If nothing else because it might be important later down the line…hell, it might be important now.

Tommee’s Smoke Shop. Right next to Spacey’s.

He had only been given that one pack from Baron Quinn the other day, so it might be worth checking out. If he opted to do so, he would find it fairly busy up ahead. Lots of business at the moment apparently and as he neared…while not familiar to him, there was a person in a burgundy suit with his back toward the elite, who seemed to stand out from the crowd somehow. Right in front of the store, lighting up with the aura of confidence not many could possess. It didn’t take long to learn his name.

A couple of men brushed past him, moving quicker and toward this figure. One almost looked like a cowboy out of the Old West, possibly was, and another looked like some kind of modern marine. The marine raised a hand in greeting as he came up to him, getting his attention.

“Oh ****! I didn’t know you were in town, Django!

Django Freeman turned around at the sound of his name.

[​IMG]

“Who’s askin’?”

Upon seeing the two assailing him, he just grinned however without needing their names. Recognition was enough as they shook hands. Given proximity to the exchange and Goro’s lingering presence, he’d gain the man’s attention as well.

[​IMG]

“This man with you?”

Tag: Goro
    @Master Vo'Un'Var

Agent Smith IC:
    ~Cyber-Matrix Suite, Shadow’s Reach~

Smith kept up his neutral face as he watched the plates on Samuel shift for maximum efficiency in combat, noting how the iris remained red. So the elite would come at him with his apparent strongest form. Good.

He himself got ready to engage in combat, watching the elite’s movements carefully.

“You know I usually fight with a special weapon of mine… but this…”

Samuel fell to the floor, his hands becoming the anchors to the ground as his legs swung around in a fast arc, trying to buckle the Council Member to the ground in a surprise sweep.

“… will do just fine.”

The legs came up and around and…

Smith wasn’t standing there anymore. He was airborne, having jumped above the sweep and come inside the robotic elite’s guard within less than second, suddenly delivering a devastating kick to the head to snap his neck backward and send him sliding along the metallic floor by about fifteen feet.

If Samuel could see stars, he would be as Agent Smith landed back on his feet and calmly readjusted his coat while waiting for him to straighten himself.

[​IMG]

“It will do fine for me as well, Mr. Samuel.”

The ghost of a smile finally appeared on the man’s face at last. It was likely one of the scariest things he had ever seen.

Tag: Samuel Jupiter @Shadowsun

Sniper Wolf IC:
    ~S.R. Farms, Shadow’s Reach~

Wolf watched quietly as Jo’Sua went about inspecting the weapon. Feeling it, setting it, sighting, and going through the chambering process without ammo. Soon enough he was delivering his report.

“It is satisfactorily solid. Curious about the recoil and whether I could get proper gloves.”

The woman nodded, satisfied with his own assessment, her arms folding across her chest as she watched him.

“Good. We’ll look into the gloves later, but for now it does appear you have experience. Go ahead and show me if you can load the rifle and aim it down toward a circular target I have set up on the roof of that distillery over there.”

She watched to see how he would do, before nodding to him.

“When you’re ready, fire twice.”

Sniper Wolf wanted to start off with discovering the technical know-how he might already possess and any natural inclinations toward the sniper rifle. Not to mention whether he would be too conservatism or too eager. Did he aim properly, how long did it take him to find the target (it wasn’t particularly hidden), how did he handle the rather strong recoil, etc.

All things that would be telling.

Tag: Jo’Sua @Mitth_Fisto

Baron Quinn IC:
    ~The Genesis Gate, Shadow’s Reach~

The Baron nodded as the elven looking warrior simply looked at him with bored eyes after having killed a fellow recruit. No remorse. Noted.

“Apologies, I am Mir Dragonson.”

“A very poignant introduction, Mr. Dragonson. Welcome.”

As he continued to speak, watching the interesting antics of the others, Tiberius spoke. It was one of the more often asked questions, so he was prepared for it.

“And if we refuse? Refuse to fight this little war of yours?”

Coming over to stand near the man, he eyed him. The way he held himself and asked the question, it was not unlike Patriarch the other day. Perhaps this Tiberius had a similar level of potential. It remained to be seen.

An easy smile came on his face. “We hope you do, as I said. But if you choose not to, you’ll be cleared by the Overseer who identified you all and then allowed to enter the city of Shadow’s Reach, which is where we are, as a normal citizen. I am sure you thought it’d be a death sentence or cold shoulder, but no, we will not do that. Just acknowledgment. Granted, there would be limitations upon travel to and from the city if not a formal member of Genesis Gate and any potential growth in power that we could train you for will be severely stunted. If you care about that sort of thing. Especially given that you will all notice that you perhaps find you’re not quite as strong or fast as you remember. If you had magic or access to any other kind of powers, you’ll notice it now feels inaccessible. Again, all also part of the Genesis Process. But you’ve all been revealed as those with amazing potential, so you’ll regain what once was lost and more, here. That I can guarantee.”

He backed up a step to get a good look at everyone again, “However, trust me, there’s no going back if you don’t wish to take part in our fight. I shall explain momentarily, but first…”

Quinn finally turned his attention to where Atmora was dropping Morimoto, who hadn't given his name yet and was still laughing in a crazed manner despite being injured, and eyed them carefully. The latter was going to be a handful, but potentially useful if wielded right in the coming days. A hand was on his sword, it was hard to say exactly when that had happened, but there it was. It was on the hilt rather casually, but for those truly perceptive, it had tightened ever so slightly. He was prepared to do something if necessary.

“I applaud your refusal to back down in the face of threats, we could use that Lady Atmora. That is exactly the type of behavior you need. However, I would slowly back up to where you were for the moment…”

He pointed and she would realize that she had just been straining her own cord to its limit on her way to confront the flayed man; in fact, she might now be registering a twinge of pain.

“One messy instance is enough for now, I think. It is unfortunate, but it served to make my point. Consider my words threats or not, but they are fact. That you will all just have to get used to, ladies and gentlemen. And you," he looked sternly at Morimoto, "What is your name? Let us not do that again. If you choose to aid us, you will have plenty of enemies to have fun with, I would think. You see, we need both those who wish to dispense justice and those who are willing to get brutal if it becomes necessary to win. An ugly truth, but you two may be protecting each other in the future. We shall see.”

Were anyone to attempt an encore performance of what had just occurred, the Baron would be on them before they could finish the job, swiftly knocking them unconscious with the hilt of his weapon. Hopefully that wouldn't be necessary.

The one with the paper bag over his head and a truly disturbing voice (even the Baron had to admit that was true, though he wouldn’t show it), had but a single question.

“Can I trouble you for a Doctor?”

The Baron raised an eyebrow. “Are you in need, Mr. Ke? I can get one to arrive if so, Morimoto’s hand will need to be looked at any rate.”

The feline man now spoke up, getting him to turn his head in his direction.

“Interesting. You bring people herre. To fight a warrr we know nothing about. With no mmmmemorrries. And seemingly nano sstandarrrds. Nooot greatest first immmpression. I am Nomuk. I think a way to clean ourselves, is best for now. How much longer?”

Baron nodded at the man. “Welcome to you then, Nomuk. And you bring up valid points. But in this war across the Omniverse, we can pick those with great potential, but outside of that? Standards, in the manner in which you imply, good sir, is something we cannot afford to be picky about these days. We need all the help we can get.”

Motioning to the gore, he continued, “And as soon as we finish up this little conversation, I’ll march us somewhere to get cleaned off real quick on the way to our next destination. So not too long, I promise. Same with the umbilical—Oh, look at that.”

The cords finally dissipated at that point, most of them not likely having noticed until he pointed it out, “There they go.”

And that was when he finally noticed the flame creature, of all things, now going about and eating what remained of poor Keetus.

“Toss em’ here! Oh my goodness! Toss them here! I’ll clean it all so not a lick of blood is left, oooh blood! It is good, but any have the eyes? The heart! Brains? These things are better! These things are best!”

Quinn’s brow rose for a moment as he contemplated what he was seeing. Truly an eclectic group. That did it, he would schedule a moment to speak with the Overseer later on. He needed some answers.

“Excuse me, flame…spirit? What is your name? Go ahead and clean whatever you would like, certainly easier for us, but I am not sure what remains of the parts you truly want.”

“Quinn, if that is truly your name… what have you done to my magic? Why is it gone? Why does that little fire daemon have magic and I do not?”

Tiberius showing his mind whirring again.

“As I stated earlier, it is a side effect of the Genesis Process unfortunately. As for our fiery friend here…” Quinn’s brow furrowed as he watched Califlour (though not knowing his name yet of course), considering.

“I would suppose that in his face magic is so inherent it cannot be fully taken away from him. Likely only enough to keep him alive remains. Anything more, I suspect is much like the rest of you.”

“How is it we are able to understand one another? After all, would one not expect for us to babble aimlessly… I myself feel the sense that this is not the normal tongue in which I speak in.”

Quinn flashed him a smile. “Why because that ties into the biggest reason you all can’t go back to where you came from. Let me get to that, it’ll be the most important thing you hear today after all, and then I’ll bring us back to that question. Furthermore, it’ll help lead us finally out of this chamber so we can get cleaned!”

Clearing his throat, he finally launched into the big reveal every new recruit got when arriving into Shadow’s Reach in the manner they did. He motioned to the white pool-like substance behind them all that was so clearly not like any state of manner any of them would be familiar with.

“That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through here from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does?

“Sleep, ladies and gentlemen, sleep. And when one sleeps, often they dream. Shadow’s Reach has the ability to move throughout the Omniverse, but due to tactical reasons hasn’t in a long time. In fact, its kept to this location since I’ve known it. Because it’s connected itself to,” he pointed at the Genesis Gate again, “The Plane of Dreams.

His eyes gave a look that was both stern, yet apologetic almost for those who may have trouble with this impending revelation.

“Your life before is a lie because of that. You are…no, were, simply creations of the dreams of others. Perhaps there is another you out there and you were them starring in their own dreams. Or maybe you were simply created as a fictional character within that, particular truth doesn’t matter. In the end, you were a conceptual being And abstract thing, really. When your memories return of your dream world, that you naturally thought as real then, you will find one thing immediately as I’ve heard from those who came from the Plane of Dreams before you all. Sensations are sharper, stronger, more vivid, more real here; once you begin to compare them. By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cord, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.”

With a little smile and a few sharp claps that echoed throughout the chamber, this information reverberated around the room and within their souls.

“If you don’t believe me, that’s fine, you’ll come to find the truth yourselves once your memories return to you. The difference in sensation and certain potential gaps in logic will be undeniable, so I’ve been told. I cannot state firsthand as I was recruited from an actual realm where I was born, rather than the Plane of Dreams myself. But that revelation has been unanimous among our soldiers and agents that came before you. And I’ve already revealed the general idea of how many of them there are.”

The Baron rested his hand on his hilt again, ignoring the blood on them, and just watched them evenly. “Like I said, there’s no going back is there. Not with that truth. This is why you may be a bit weaker or slower than you originally thought, as this body is brand new and quite literally the first time you’ve really had one. Why you can’t touch magic…there was never truly any magic to begin with. And why you all speak the same language. We scouted you for it, or were able to make just a slight tweak so you could speak it. A difficult technique from what I hear. Everything you knew was a byproduct of the dream you occupied, were a part of. But now you are free. And we dearly hope this makes helping us work it.

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not.

"Identity.”

He watched to see their reactions to this, now that the big speech had reached its main conclusion. After reactions, he could finally begin to move them along with just a little bit more information as to what that would entail.

Tag: Atmora, Mir, Atticus, Tiberius, Morimoto, Nomuk, Mr. Ke, & Cauliflour

@Narancia @Shadowsun @spacelady @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas @Mitth_Fisto

6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Amaya Trakand

Amaya was deep in thought when she entered the mess hall. She did not pay much attention to the others who were already there.

Checking the selection of food she was not sure what to choose. Most did not sound familiar, good thing there was a brief explanation under each. Most of the ingredients were familiar and Amaya was surprised that they could be combined in such ways.

She chose something called Full English Breakfast. It sounded similar to a Bretonnian meal, so it was relatively close to home.

Bringing the tray towards a free table she sat and considered where to start. It was then when Amaya was joined by another woman. She could not place a name, but decided it would be too rude to say so she just smiled and gestured for her to sit.

“Oh...” Amaya paused, “I was thinking of checking out the city. Get my bearings so to speak.” she smiled, not wanting to reveal her idea of going to the Library as she was sure that such a thing would raise an eyebrow given her tough-woman image.

Darth_Elu, spacelady and Narancia like this.
  7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tiberius Trajan and Mir Dragonson

Mir frowned at the response to his question. We have all the knowledge so you would do what we say. That was basically the gist that Mir got from it. A rather one-sided response and given they were only being presented with this singular vision, it was a little too good to be true. There was something off about the whole affair, some aspect missing that Mir could not quite place his finger on.

Tiberius in turn listened to the responses to his own question, seemingly satisfied with the one regarding magic, a straightforward answer. Although he did wonder what was defined as magic and what was defined as natural to your form or being. After all to him, magic was just another form of science, and so that should mean... hmm... seems he could not remember any spells from his former life and only a vague trail of how his magic had worked. He did suspect that his metallic arms were once connected to magic, it was just a feeling he had, although any magic that had been dwelling there was now distinctly gone. Unfortunate, it would seem he would have to wait on that matter, but the question of natural ability remained, the existence of the fire daemon had raised the question, where was the line drawn between 'magic' and 'essential' or otherwise.

This all raced through TIberius's head as he then began to listen Quinn address his second question, the umbilical cord now noticeably absent from his being.

Mir's deep-seated frown remained plastered on his face.

"Ah yes, the notion 'I brought you into this world so you should do as I say', well I do apologize for bursting your bubble Baron Quinn, but we owe you nothing. I do not reject what you say to be true, after all how could I? I have no experience or knowledge to refute it with. But the fact remains, it is rather indecorous of you to ask for any favors, especially that of someone that has no basis, no identity to make any kind of informed opinion, just the one-sided bias of whatever this place is,"

Mir then dropped silent, he did not seem overly agitated, perhaps slightly annoyed. He remained as collected as ever, if killing a man did not phase him, then neither did this news.

Tiberius took in both the words of Quinn and Mir, bringing his mechanical hand up to his chin. His mind in thought as he contemplated this new information presented to them.

"While you did not address my question directly, I suppose what you are saying is these 'dreamers' that brought us into being all happened to imagine us speaking the same language. Still awfully convenient if you ask me,"

The man with the metal arms then became quiet, waiting to see what anyone else had to say before he asked any further questions. This was awfully a lot to process, although the thought that he had never existed before did not upset him, in fact he found it rather amusing.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Ktala @spacelady @The Jedi in the Pumas @Narancia @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    THE JAM
    Theatre of the JAM​

The beatdown came swift and brutal!

The JAM, in all his orange glory, was crushed into the stage with the boot of Sauron on his chest.

In the depths of his soul, it felt like, Sauron's voice emanated. Lecturing him. Taunting him. Promising him strength. Glory. The blood of some number that the JAM had never heard of.

Blood spewed from the teethy, fangy grin of the Orc. He would crumble to the ground when Sauron released him. The pain and swelling on his body feeling overwhelming at this point. But THE JAM would not allow himself to looked down upon... FOR ONLY THE JAM COULD LOOK DOWN ON THE JAM!!!!

The Orc crawled for two minutes to a wall and pulled himself up, spitting blood and a tooth out onto the stage.

"YOUR GRANDMA TEACH YOU HOW TO THROW THAT WEAKASS PUNCH, SORE-ON! FOR ALL YOUR TALK, THE JAM QUESTIONS WHY HE WAS EVEN SUMMONED! PROMISE THE JAM ALL THE POWER YOU CAN GIVE HIM! THE JAM WILL TAKE THAT AND BECOME EVEN MORE POWERFUL!! THE JAM......THE JAM KICKS ASS AND TAKES NAMES! CONSIDER YOURSELF ON THE LIST!"

[​IMG]

The Mighty, God-like adonis of an Orc slammed his bloody fists together! He was ready to begin.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

9. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Mr. Ke

Quinn's answers.
    Problematic.

Just been born. No. That wasn't right.

Mr. Ke continues his own line of inquiry. He exhales smoke.

"Yes, a Doctor."

The bag over his head crumples and wrinkles. He's curious.

Curious of his curiousness. He felt like he should know all of this already.

Well he should!

Tag: @spacelady @Shadowsun @Narancia @Ktala @Darth_Elu

10. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Samuel Jupiter

Samuel felt itself slam into the hard floor, the sheer force of the attack causing a series of warning systems to flare up inside the robot's mind. The K-012 model had not been built to feel pain, but it did feel the force of the impact. Slowly the plates along Samuel's back began to reshift, correcting themselves as best they could as the robot righted itself.

Then he viewed him, Agent Smith, a far more terrifying opponent now that he was not on the other side of a tv.

Various clicking noises continued to emerge from the robot, its body still correcting itself as Samuel and Jupiter conversed.

{Target Name = 'Agent Smith'}
    {Sufficent Data For Threat Categorization? = Yes}
    {Threat Level = Ultra}
    {Reccomendation = Disengage}

Oh shut up you whiny brat...

{Sir, while I am not quite able to compare Agent Smith's physical capabilities to the Xenos Champion, I am able to deduce that the power difference between our current weaker state is comparable if not significantly worse than that fight}

You are never any fun... this is what humans have that machines will always lack when the odds seem against you... we humans will always find a way.

{Sir, need I remind you... you are currently a robot}

I see Ono-Sendai did not fill your datasheets with everything this body is capable of...

The conversation lasted less than a second and once it was over Samuel's red iris ignited once more, taking in Agent Smith as he spoke.

"Well, you're one tough bastard,"

Samuel then took a defensive stance, preparing himself for an attack from the AI? Machine? He still was not quite sure exactly what this physical Agent Smith was. He then gestured to the man, one that he would recognize.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    spacelady, Mitth_Fisto and Darth_Elu like this.
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Genesis Gate Room

It came down to a very simple thing, somebody acknowledged him. That was it. He wanted to raise his arms up and call him Babba! Only others were talking and acknowledging him in ways he didn't like. How rude, I mean how many find out they are being born and that one baby killed the other baby and the third baby was starving so was eating the murdered baby? I mean really? Couldn't they all just appreciate the Hall's Mark in the annals of time that this moment represented?

Trying to get a word in edgewise was a bit of a hard thing, after all all these babies wanted attention from dear old dad. Although that did make him wonder. . ."Who's mamma? I mean you are obviously either Dadda or deer in the headlights doctor who decided a sword was a better catching mitt instead of blankie." He shrugged and waved his hands, "Right, how rude of me. Us babies get to pick our own names now, or they what Mother gave us? I wonder. Anyway Califlour's the name, but if I get to decide you could always call me Bellay Chrystal" here he pinching out to the sides motion as his voice raised another octave as he stretched the name out in a poor attempt to make it sound suave, "The -Voice- of Genesis Gate coming to you live from your very own berthing chamber! No wait, we aren't ships. . .yet." Here he pointedly looked at the paper back head man, "Birthing Chamber, yeah. Let's all agree not to tell ugly baby jokes, because obviously I'm the cutest and that would be mean to everyone else - except you Dadda, you pull off that beard well." he stated with a click mouth noise as he finger pistol-ed at their host.

Of course other people had to say a lot more about magic and stuff but there was a point. Belly crawling was just wrong and he did not feel up to scouring this chamber to survive. I mean that was just humiliating and rude. Okay, "Okay, this baby needs a bottle." He stated matter of factually. "Or rather I need a log, and someone some metal tongs, because lets face it. Adorable baby? Me? Don't walk. So who's gonna carry me? Stuffy in the corner? Dadda? Hmm?"

Tag: Atmora, Mir, Atticus, Tiberius, Morimoto, Nomuk, Mr. Ke, & Dada

@Narancia @Shadowsun @spacelady @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas @Darth_Elu

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Wapoe
    Omniversal Library, Study

“So it would seem even stripped of your memories, you resorted to a core tenet of your personality that remained. Your cautious paranoia is already evident, not just from that moment, but also in the route you took to this room upon arriving at the library. This shows me the depths of your conservatism that underpin all else, Wapoe. Very intriguing and very smart.”

It took much for Wapoe not to interject, but he was conscious that the more he acted, the more he would betray himself. Besides, Moriarty didn't appear to have many visible reactions - a, there was the cock of the head.

“I wonder if anyone else truly caught on to the full measure of what you were doing at the time. A question for another time however.”

Now that was interesting... so was the encounter irrelevant? He was half a second behind Moriarty's summation -

“Of the encounter, it was of no consequence. Not at this stage. If such a thing was troublesome, Genesis Gate as a whole would already be non-existent by now. It did provide itself as a good test of character though, which is just as well.”

Wapoe was happy his expression was masked as the frown escaped him before he could stop it. Who did he refer to? Himself... or...?

But then Moriarty's face lit up and Wapoe stiffened, almost to attention.

With a press of a button on his wrist, where a watch like device was now seen, he began speaking into it.

“Refreshments, if you would.”

A woman’s voice replied immediately, and Wapoe again resisted the urge to respond, or relax. “Of course, Councillor Moriarty. It will be done.”

“Any preferred beverage? And what did you think of the library on your way in? I imagine it will be a place frequently visited by you in the coming days. Many do so, with good reason.”

Wapoe couldn't fathom the test here, so he opted to play it straight, and give Moriarty opportunities to betray himself.

"I would rather appreciate a ruby wine, if I may. To take the edge off, if I would."

A slight smile to his voice.

"Ones paranoia works overtime, as you say."

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The following is a retro combo with @Darth_Elu — thank you so much for your patience! [:D]

IC: Aryan Graul and Thomas Barrow
    The Common Quarter, Shadow's Reach

The dinner had been a tedious affair, particularly for someone of Aryan’s stature and reputation. Of course, he couldn’t substantiate that claim since he was still bereft of his memories, but he could make an educated guess based on his innate sense of self. It alluded to something much more, a gut feeling that he could not ignore.

It convinced him that he had been someone important, but that mentality did not coincide with the appalling—and quite often childish—antics he had observed from his colleagues. It was embarrassing. The dining room had devolved into absolute bedlam, which prompted Aryan to keep his distance. Despite the protests of his empty stomach, he had decided to merely watch and observe for the remainder of the feast, making mental notes and formulating a strategy.

And so, when the attendants finally arrived to show them to their accommodations, Aryan was willing to comply—if only to grant himself a reprieve.

"Hello, my lord," a tall, dark-haired gentleman articulated in a voice that amplified his aristocratic lineage. "My name is Thomas Barrow and I shall be showing you to your quarters, if you are so ready. I am sure you have quite enough of all this mess, no?"

[​IMG]

Aryan quirked a brow, silently appraising the new arrival. He was naturally skeptical, a trait he had demonstrated repeatedly to many of the personalities he’d encountered in Shadow’s Reach so far. Nonetheless, he recognized that this man would serve as his means to escape the madness. That was certainly a fair tradeoff at this juncture.

With an impish smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth, Graul rose from the table he had acquired in the corner of the hall and extended his hand in a standard greeting. "Mr. Barrow," he acknowledged with a short nod. "I assume you already know who I am, so I’ll spare you the trouble of having to endure another round of banal introductions."

Rocking back on his heels, Aryan then stretched and inhaled deeply through his nose. "But yes, I’m more than ready to depart." He canted his head and directed the other man’s attention toward JAM, his voice lowering to a conspiratorial tone. "I don’t think I could stand another minute in the same room as that insufferable fool."

Thomas gave a wry smile at Aryan's return 'greeting' and admission that he was quite ready to leave. A little smirk of the footman's own appeared on his face as he listened and glanced toward JAM. He gave a succinct nod and had his eyes meet the man's confidently.

"Thank you. Looks like we actually got someone competent." His eyes darted momentarily toward the oafish orc nearby again. "Judging from our first reports, I was starting to wonder, if you catch my meaning, Mr. Graul."

Turning to face toward the door, with a hand held up to motion for Aryan to follow him, he began to move in that direction. His every movement was full of purpose and well-oiled practice. His demeanor may be a bit something else, one not entirely thrilled with their position, but his movements also gave away that this was something he had been doing for long to have it down well.

"Let us then remove ourselves, I think that would be best, don't you?"

As soon as he was ready, he led him out the room and began maneuvering down the hallway, briefing passing by Baron Quinn and Shredder. And of course, HAL.

"That thing gives me the creeps," he stated openly as soon as they made at least a little distance from the AI's red-eye in the wall.

As they passed through the outer chamber, Aryan offered a perfunctory nod to both Quinn and The Shredder out of respect, though it was the AI unit that he afforded the most attention—and rightfully so. Barrow was not the only one to feel unease in its presence; an omnipotent being—even if it was an automaton—would likely attempt to break away from its masters before long.

In that sense, he had to question the motivations of those who had created HAL. Were they that ignorant to not see the possible ramifications of their actions? Surely, they had installed some kind of fail-safe to avert disaster…

"I must admit, installing an artificial presence like that strikes me as counterintuitive," Aryan murmured quietly, canting his head to glance surreptitiously over his shoulder. "I hope your superiors have a plan in place for when that machine ultimately decides to act upon its free will. I don’t view it as a possibility, more of an inevitability. It’ll wreak havoc on this place."

Graul hesitated, pursing his lips as he turned back to regard his escort. He could not see the man’s face from this angle, however, it did occur to him that he may have come across as a bit presumptuous in his observations. He couldn’t explain why he felt so strongly about HAL. It was more of a feeling, an impression.

A memory?

Clearing his throat, Aryan shook his head and continued on. "I apologize, Thomas," he recovered quickly, a small smirk evident upon his lips. "I hope that I didn’t frighten you with my assertions. I’m only trying to be proactive. We are the competent ones, remember?"

His smile widened to reach his eyes, his words obviously made in jest.

As they exited the corridor and came outside, with the large Evaluation Chamber to their right and its domes glinting majestically in the moonlight, Thomas listened to Aryan's words. His opinion regarding the artificial intelligence known as HAL. An entity that often seemed to provoke reactions of varying sorts by all who came to learn and 'meet' him.

Thomas paused, just briefly, with his back stiffening at the very mention of the thing breaking free of any constraints it had and wreaking havoc. Forcing himself to relax again, he kept moving, a tight smile on his face as he threw a glance toward his assigned elite.

"It is all right, Mr. Graul," he allowed slowly, "Though I surely hope not. While I am sure The Council could handle such a situation, the very idea still creeps me out. As you say, the damage occurred before it was brought to an end would be terrible."

The footman's eyes seemed to glance about for any telltale sign of HAL around, but there was none about. At least not in this immediate vicinity. He knew of one being on one of these pillars surrounding the exterior of the Evaluation Chamber, but if memory served it was on the other side of where they were walking.

Giving a small smirk after ascertaining this information, he agreed further, "Yes, we are the competent ones. That's true. I feel comfortable already to have one of you thinking that far ahead, truth be told."

They walked in companionable silence for a little bit, coming to the front of the Evaluation Chamber with its golden doors and silver skeletal guards still in place, before the black-haired footman spoke up again while turning in the opposite direction of those doors.

"So, I am curious. Can you remember anything of your past life? Forgive me, I can't help asking."

A smug grin crossed Aryan’s countenance at the man’s inquiry. The servant proved quite pliable so far—he was practically tripping over himself to learn more about his past. This was a golden opportunity to genuinely impress him; to ensure that Thomas remained loyal to his needs. He could certainly get used to the over-gratification and ‘hero worship’.

However, once Aryan parted his lips to divulge all he could remember, he discovered that there was nothing to pull from. A door had slammed down within the recesses of his mind, blocking him from retrieving his wayward memories.

It was an embarrassing development—not to mention, rather disturbing to not know anything about who he truly was. There was no frame of reference, and he visibly scowled to express his frustration. A hand clenched into a fist at his side, though he did not utter another word. He merely carried on in silence, his jaw set in consternation.

As they walked, Aryan went silent as he seemed to ruminate on Thomas' words. Likely perturbed by the fact that he simply couldn't remember a single fact of his past life. Noticing how he had stumbled on a bad subject, Thomas pursed his lips and offered a simple 'Apologies, sir,' before returning to a professional escort role and nothing else.

He would have to try again at another date, he messed his chances up getting close to an elite this time. Tch. Dammit.

In no time at all, they had left the Genesis District behind and came into the Common Quarter, which he pointed out. From there, they entered the Elite Dreamers Estate a little ways behind the rest. He paused to give Aryan some time to absorb the interior and allow the man to gather his thoughts. With a little bow, he spoke again.

"Follow me, your room is just upstairs."

Within minutes they were up the stairs to the second floor and on the north side where his personal quarters were located. They happened to also be right next to Amaya's.

With a smooth motion, he opened the door for Aryan to enter in first.

"This is your room, Mr. Graul. I hope it is to your liking."

From there he launched into telling him anything he needed to know regarding the room, especially remarking on how the wall communicator functioned and about the pouch of money on the nearby nightstand that was his until he received his first pay from Genesis Gate. With a gentle reminder about writing down his official choice of 'class', he then bowed once more and left Aryan to his own devices and inner dwellings to finish out the night.

The evening had served as an enlightening experience for Aryan. After confirming his class—he wished to pursue the path of a manipulator, and rightfully so—he had settled into the plush bed to retire for the night. That was when he had felt a slight stirring at the back of his mind. It had started as a series of random images that he had initially perceived as dreams, but then the floodgates opened to usher in a deluge of information.

His memories had returned.

It was a revelation that restored his confidence and vanquished his earlier fears and frustrations. Never before had he felt more equipped to tackle a challenge. The others may have unearthly powers, but it would take more than physical strength to achieve their goals. Aryan had both the political and intellectual acumen to succeed beyond their wildest dreams—in fact, he had already proven to the rest of the world that he was capable of attaining greatness.

None of his colleagues in Shadow’s Keep held the title of “Mr. President,” after all.

A sly smirk tugged at Aryan’s mouth as he pulled on a casual suit, swept his hair back from his forehead, and groomed his beard in preparation for the day ahead. There was a lot to consider and evaluate, but for now, he intended to grab something to eat to satiate his hunger.

Too bad he did not have his usual retinue at his side to announce his presence, though perhaps Mr. Barrow would oblige him. He was a qualified sort.

Nevertheless, Graul did not waste another moment; he exited his chambers and strode with authority toward the Mess Hall.

14. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    [​IMG]

As Lady Atmora sauntered over to her original position, secretly ashamed out her visceral reaction to the brutality that laid before her. Lady Atmora had no idea why such a reaction ate away at her. All Lady Atmora knew was that life was sacred; one should never laugh at a person's death, and no matter who that person was in life, they should be sent off in respect of death.

“I applaud your refusal to back down in the face of threats; we could use that Lady Atmora. That is exactly the type of behavior you need. However, I would slowly back up to where you were for the moment…”

Lady Atmora shook her head at the Baron's comment, How dare this man speak to me after all that.

Despite her obvious disdain for the man at this point, Lady Atmora decided to civil.

"Thank you for your concern, but I feel fi-,"

Right then, a great twinge of pain echoed throughout her body, and when Lady Atmora looked down, she saw her weakened cord.

"I see."

Lady Atmora sat on the floor, her body slightly shaking, as she was breathing deeply, managing the pain.

“One messy instance is enough for now, I think. It is unfortunate, but it served to make my point. Consider my words threats or not, but they are fact. That you will all just have to get used to, ladies and gentlemen. And you," he looked sternly at Morimoto, "What is your name? Let us not do that again. If you choose to aid us, you will have plenty of enemies to have fun with, I would think."

As the Baron said this, Lady Atmora once again looked up to the Baron; she was curious as to the name of the disgusting sow. However, when Lady Atmora finally observed the room, she realized that it was full of more colorful characters. In fact, it was so colorful that this might as well be her reaction;

[​IMG]

You see, we need both those who wish to dispense justice and those who are willing to get brutal if it becomes necessary to win. An ugly truth, but you two may be protecting each other in the future. We shall see.”

Everyone in the room could hear a verbal chuckle once the Baron said that, her and him, protecting each other complete nonsense! But Lady Atmora still listened, seeking a name from the flayed one.

"Ha. My name? Hmm, well, I forgot, I think. I think my name is Morimoto."

Lady Atmora actually liked that name; it was pretty, unlike the man it was attached to. Then the flayed man laughed some more.

"Actually, my name is Morimoto. And my father was a gamer, so naturally, he was violent."

What? Was that a joke? What is a gamer? Morimoto laughed for reasons that defied her comprehension.

At this point, Lady Atmora had enough and started focusing her attention elsewhere.

Then she regretted focusing her attention elsewhere as Mr. Ke spoke, his voice still unnerving.

And OH MY GOD!

Was that little fire spirit EATING THE GORE!!

Lady Atmora truly did not care for anyone at this point; they were all dead to her, she didn't even pay attention to the Baron's speech.

"—Oh, look at that.”

The Umbilical cords dissipated, and Lady Atmora didn't even bother to listen to this madness anymore and got up to leave.

"I'll find the showers MYSELF!"

[​IMG]

Morimoto, the flayed mad-man, kept giggling and laughing until he sensed a presence, looking over in his direction. After a moment

"What is your name? Let us not do that again. If you choose to aid us, you will have plenty of enemies to have fun with, I would think."

"Ha. My name? Hmm, well, I forgot, I think. I think my name is Morimoto. And enemies, that sounds fun."

Morimoto laughed, "Actually, my name is Morimoto. And my father was a gamer, so naturally, he was violent."

Morimoto laughed some more regardless of the room's reaction to his statement as he obviously found himself funny.

After recovering from his laugh, Morimoto wiped a bloody tear from his eye.

"I jest, I jest, it's as you said, Baron. I have no recollection of my previous life."

Mr. Ke, or "baghead" as Morimoto likes to call him, spoke up again; his voice was melodic to Morimoto at this point.

“Are you in need, Mr. Ke? I can get one to arrive; if so, Morimoto’s hand will need to be looked at any rate.”

"Don't hurry on my account, good man; I like the pain; in fact, I could set my wrist back in place if I really wanted to."

Morimoto pushed on his wrist at the exact right angle, and a CRACK sound echoed in the room. Morimoto then held up his wrist and smiled.

"See. Though I still need some medical treatment for grip strength and all that jazz. But the aching is still there and will keep me company."

Morimoto then noticed the little fire spirit gobbling up all the viscera on the floor. After a moment of being bored by the discussions, Morimoto found a walkman on the floor began playing music, putting the earphones he also found in his ears.

Ah~

Morimoto wondered whose item this was. It didn't matter it was his now. Though the original recipient definitely had good taste.

“I would suppose that in his face magic is so inherent it cannot be fully taken away from him. Likely only enough to keep him alive remains. Anything more, I suspect is much like the rest of you.”

Morimoto pretended that his hands were sock puppets, the left was him and the right was Lady Atmora arguing. Morimoto could see a partnership happening between them, the self-righteous Lady Atmora just couldn't see it yet.

“How is it we are able to understand one another? After all, would one not expect for us to babble aimlessly… I myself feel the sense that this is not the normal tongue in which I speak in.”

Morimoto kept playing with his hands.

Lady Atmora hand, "Noooo you can't kill that man."

Morimoto hand, "Hur hur shotgun go boom."

Morimoto mimicked a shotgun firing.

“Why because that ties into the biggest reason you all can’t go back to where you came from. Let me get to that, it’ll be the most important thing you hear today after all, and then I’ll bring us back to that question. Furthermore, it’ll help lead us finally out of this chamber so we can get cleaned!”

Lady Atmora hand, "Nooo don't teabag his corpse, everyone should be shown respect in death."

Morimoto hand, "Hehe booty go bounce-bounce."

“That mass right there is the Genesis Gate we named ourselves after. You were all pulled through here from where you all came from. The same place, yet disconnected from one another. You see, among the various places of the Omniverse, certain things seem to hold true everywhere. And they can create special places, planes if you will, between the various realms. What is one thing that nearly everyone does?

Morimoto got tired of the hand puppets after a bit. When does the killing begin?

It was at this point did Morimoto notice Lady Atmora stand up and walk off somewhere.

"Eh." Morimoto shrugged as he laid back onto the floor.

“Sleep, ladies and gentlemen, sleep. And when one sleeps, often they dream. Shadow’s Reach has the ability to move throughout the Omniverse, but due to tactical reasons hasn’t in a long time. In fact, its kept to this location since I’ve known it. Because it’s connected itself to,” he pointed at the Genesis Gate again, “The Plane of Dreams.

Morimoto started listening at this point, his interest had been again stoked on the fire of the Baron's words.

“Your life before is a lie because of that. You are…no, were, simply creations of the dreams of others. Perhaps there is another you out there and you were them starring in their own dreams. Or maybe you were simply created as a fictional character within that, particular truth doesn’t matter. In the end, you were a conceptual being And abstract thing, really. When your memories return of your dream world, that you naturally thought as real then, you will find one thing immediately as I’ve heard from those who came from the Plane of Dreams before you all. Sensations are sharper, stronger, more vivid, more real here; once you begin to compare them. By summoning you here to Shadow’s Reach in the Omniverse, you have finally been given a true physical form and mind. Those umbilical cord, as I called them, were more than just base symbology. Congratulations everyone! You have literally just been born.”

Morimoto clapped at these words, this revelation was utterly amazing, it confirmed what Morimoto knew and felt all along. Reality was an illusion.

“If you don’t believe me, that’s fine, you’ll come to find the truth yourselves once your memories return to you. The difference in sensation and certain potential gaps in logic will be undeniable, so I’ve been told. I cannot state firsthand as I was recruited from an actual realm where I was born, rather than the Plane of Dreams myself. But that revelation has been unanimous among our soldiers and agents that came before you. And I’ve already revealed the general idea of how many of them there are.”

Oh no, I believe you Morimoto thought to himself, it's the sheep around them that needs convincing.

“Like I said, there’s no going back is there. Not with that truth. This is why you may be a bit weaker or slower than you originally thought, as this body is brand new and quite literally the first time you’ve really had one. Why you can’t touch magic…there was never truly any magic to begin with. And why you all speak the same language. We scouted you for it, or were able to make just a slight tweak so you could speak it. A difficult technique from what I hear. Everything you knew was a byproduct of the dream you occupied, were a part of. But now you are free. And we dearly hope this makes helping us work it."

“Through it, you will finally gain real experiences of a sort that are unparalleled anywhere else. And lay claim to that which everyone craves whether they know it or not.

"Identity.”

Morimoto shouted at this moment. "Does this mean we are/ were fanfiction characters? And only now we have the sovereignty to decide life for ourselves."

TAG: @Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @Ktala @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @Darth_Elu

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    spacelady, Darth_Elu and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  15. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Valynor Syndoriel
    Plasma Stream Bridge

In what was now his dreams, he had seen many great wonders of which his mind still to this day found astounding. This was no different. The Plasma Stream that coursed through the city arrested the elf in a literal sense. Valynor could not bring himself to move from the spot upon the bridge and his green eyes beheld the visual wonder that was the plasma stream and his mind realized the reality that coursed beneath.

This, in his mind, was a magical ley line revealed in all its glory, coursing right through the city. How did the citizenry simply walked unfazed at this unimaginable wonder? How was such a thing seen as ‘common’? Valynor was baffled by it. Had he his magics, the elf had no doubt he would be able to perform great feats with contemptuous ease- so powerful he believed the ley line to be, or rather, the Plasma Stream.

From those who moved about as if nothing out of the ordinary occurred ( and perhaps it was so for those who lived in the city of Shadow’s Reach ), it did seem, at least by the expression of wonder, that there was at least one being that possibly shared his opinion.

Valynor was emboldened by his own excitement and the sense of wonder he perceived in the other, even as he moved close.

“I can’t believe it either!” Valynor exclaimed, no longer able to contain himself.

“A ley line running through the heart of the city itself! How could they act so oblivious?” He wondered aloud as he furtively looked to see the other’s expression.

“If only I had my magics!”

Valynor stretched out his hands as if attempting to thaw his appendages in a warming fire during a cold winter’s night, wiggling his fingers all the while. Certainly, he hoped to feel the tingling sensation of magical energies through his fingers, so potent he imagined the stream to be. Perhaps it would even ‘jumpstart’ his magically dormant body.

“Simply amazing!”

Maez
    Weight Room

“Hmm…” Maez wondered aloud, thinking. WuWu definitely looked the part, but he had not initially considered the debilitating effects of the ‘Genesis Process’, something he heard mentioned many times already.

Indeed, he was his own prime example. For someone who could level mountains ‘in his dreams’…..

Maez tried not to think of his past memories as such, for he could not. Everything he felt, his personal power, every battle ever fought, everything they Saiyans had lost, it all felt very real to him. As real as the room they were standing in- so it couldn’t be just a dream. He suspected there was something they were not being told, but now was not the time for such thoughts.

He listened to WuWu as he watched her form. If this was her first time lifting weights, she was one heck of a fast learner, though he maintained she had to have some kind of training- the evidence was right before his eyes. He watched her as she retrieved a towel and returned to him, not shying away from training as most ‘civilians’ would.

"So, you're also trained in martial arts as well? Why would someone as strong as you need to practice combat-" WuWu considered her question for a moment. There were others like you where you're from...Just as strong, I assume?”

Maez gave WuWu a very serious nod, then went down to the floor and assumed a starting push-up position, arms extended, body elevated, back straight and parallel to the floor, toes touching the ground.

“Try doing a planche, that may be more manageable? Watch.”

From the starting push-up position, Maez leaned forward, almost as if going into crow position, but tucked his knees under himself as he balanced on his arms. Holding the Tuck-Planche for a moment, he checked his form and balance, making sure his feet were off the ground. He then slowly leveled off, extending his feet behind him while maintaining his entire body off the ground, upper and lower torso completely parallel to the floor. In other words, a Full Planche.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“What do you know?” he said mostly to himself, sounding pleasantly surprised.

“Yeah, there were others as strong as me, as well as those who were far stronger, many many times stronger.” Maez confessed, returning to answer WuWu’s earlier question while holding the planche.

“We saiyans challenged ourself to be the strongest warriors in our universe. Always growing stronger through battle, after battle. But there was an enemy who proved to be stronger than all of us…..”

Anger flared through the saiyan at these words, as fresh memories invaded his mind. Maez did not succumb, but used this anger as he turned his planche into a handstand, much like WuWu had done before, but then began to do push-ups in that position.

“I will regain my power, mark my words.” He vowed in no uncertain terms, then continued to count.

“…17, 18, 19, 20….well, get down here, I’m waiting on you ‘Princess’.” Maez said, as he grinned at her from his upside down exercise.

Indeed, he hadn’t missed a detail from all that she had said prior.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

OOC Note: Logging in to the boards is becoming more and more problematic. First I had to try 3-4 times. This time it took 9 attempts. What gives?

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo'Sua Dhatra
    ~S.R. Farms, Shadow’s Reach~

Wolf watched quietly letting him have his time and his thoughts. At least until it came to the point where he shared them. The woman nodded, satisfied with his own assessment, her arms folding across her chest as she watched him.

“Good. We’ll look into the gloves later, but for now it does appear you have experience. Go ahead and show me if you can load the rifle and aim it down toward a circular target I have set up on the roof of that distillery over there.”

Tilting his head he waited and listened. This was surely not it. She nodded to him.

“When you’re ready, fire twice.”

With a dip of his hood he focused on reforming his hands that had slipped back out of the plane of the living. It was annoyingly tiring to keep himself anchored as he was, forming parts of himself without the benefit of clothing make to give him form and substance. For what was a wraith but a spirit with work left to do? He found it difficult, harder than he remembered to load the weapons ammo clip. He fumbled a bullet that popped out a couple times. Considering the clip didn't hold that much ammo made this particularly embarrassing.

He gave no words of excuse or reason, he simply kept trying until he had succeeded. Once loaded in the clip his slid that into rough alignment before shoving it to click into place. Next was easier, he slipped back on his right glove so that his left hand was free and the only single part he had to focus on keeping present.

Looking over the top of the rifle he laid down in a prone position, looking for the target location. Finding it, and then shifting his hips and then his shoulders and rifle as one. Once roughly lined up he dipped his head down to look through the scope as he set the butt of the rifle into his shoulder pauldron. Lining it up he stopped, swiveling down and over to look at the sign of the shop, looking for any air motion as his mind tried to fathom how to adjust he simply gave one tick off aim against the wind if need be and judging distance if over 200m he added a tic up for every 100m. This was all going to be brought about by rough estimates. Pulling the trigger he was surprised enough rocking push back that he hissed a hard line of elvish in response. Still he payed attention to where his shot landed and adjust to correct for whatever error was present.

If too far one way or the other, adjust a tick opposite for site focus for target aim, same for the vertical. Realign and shoot again. The gap between first and second shot was a healthy four or five seconds, terribly slow, but using harsh language against weapons recoil in elvish does take a couple seconds.

Shadowsun, Darth_Elu and spacelady like this.
  17. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

The blue skinned woman announced the price with ease and after pulling out her pouch of coins, counting through them quickly, Ayira felt relieved that she seemed to have enough. She exchanged this world's currency for the new outfit, feeling happy with her selection. She glanced back at her armor pieces in the dressing room and looked, thoughtfully back at the woman helping her.

"I still have more errands to handle. Perhaps my armor could be delivered to the Elite's Estate?" She asked with a casual tone. For all the effort and luxurious housing they had been given, it seemed as if they were somewhat of a big deal, and she was hoping that could come in use, now and later on. "My name is Ayira, they will know where it can be delivered." She handled whatever else she needed to for her armor to be handled appropriately and left the head-pounding store, reminding herself to never step foot in there again, if she could help it. Still, she looked down at her clothes, it wasn't a total failure.

Next stop was to find a weapon. She needed a sword before any Wraith training, and just in case Jam decided to bulldoze his way toward her, she would be ready. She left the square bazaar and followed the path to the east toward the fountain plaza, both looking for a suitable shop and wandering about Shadow's Reach.

IC as Atticus Langdon

The series of events were not something even he could have predicted. Still being mostly focused on regaining his balance, strength, and bearings once more, Atticus, who felt like he wasn't a stranger to seeing someone die, was at least shocked by this as he looked on. The male looking creature began yelling in pain while another man who appeared to have skin peeling off and flaying, decided to take the opportunity to mock the man in pain. Atticus noticed the Baron Quinn distance himself from the howling man, and he made the decision to follow his suit, taking a few steps back, unsure of what exactly would be happening, but it couldn't be good.

He watched the man began to grow fuzzy around the edge, his appearance shifting until he collapsed to his knees. Next his own skin began bubbling and then his arms and legs began to switch places and twist around. He furrowed his brows as the scene turned grotesque, the dying man's body stretching and pulling until everything went inside out, pulling itself into a ball before...

Blood and tissue, and everything else splattered in every direction, splashing the walls with dark red and pooling on the stone ground. It was clear in that moment, Atticus had not moved back far enough. He jerked backward, screwing up his face as blood rained down upon him, effectively coating his clean, crisp suit, the warm liquid spraying his face and hair. The amount of rage he felt then was immeasurable. After a long, quiet moment after the dust (gore?) settled, he slowly opened his eyes, taking in his own appearance and clenching his jaw tightly.

Baron Quinn hardly seemed annoying, in fact, he even began laughing. In Atticus' perspective, there was nothing funny about this. The man who had started this finally introduced himself as Mir Dragonson. This demonstration meant nothing, a waste of a possibly useful man, and more importantly, a waste of time. Furthermore, he had a distinct feeling he kept his suits pristine in whatever memory he was currently lacking. This meaningless show also ruined his outfit. The man in the suit leveled a stern look, a look that most people would immediately cower from. He pulled his glasses off as he watched Mir dangerously.

"Perhaps you should have experimented on your own self, hm? Bodies stack so neatly, after all."

He casually wiped his face clean with a handkerchief, that had been safely tucked inside his suit jacket, almost a muscle memory and returned his lenses back onto the bridge of his nose. He listened to the Baron Quinn go on to finally explain why they were there, although Atticus was not happy with the answers or having to stand in this mess. He had no further questions at this moment, and honestly he hardly believed anything this man was saying. He would need more time to think over all that was said, and more importantly, wash himself of this mess.

Atticus watched, silently as two of the "recruits" began arguing, even threatening another death. As this went on, his frustration, his rage grew quietly. This was all just a waste of time. There were more important things to do than to foolishly argue. He adjusted his glasses, feeling anxious with these emotions, but he kept them in check. Barely. Unleashing his anger here and now would not be smart. There was still so much information to gather before he could make any moves. One must always understand the playing field before moving any pieces. For now, he kept his rage in place and listened and watched.

Finally, he couldn't help himself. The idea of him staying in such a soiled suit...

"If you don't mind, ladies and uh," a faint pause and he scanned the others, "gentleman. Perhaps we could be moving on to clean ourselves and have some fresh clothes? I'm sure then the Baron Quinn could indulge us in further questions." He suggested, as calmly as he could muster, despite the storm he felt inside. He surprised himself with how calm his voice sounded. He must have had much training and experience in holding in one's temper, if only he could remember how.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Shadowsun, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Narancia, and @Ktala

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar
    ~Margaret Merryflask’s Elixirs, Common Quarter~

“I’m glad you like the scents, dearie. They are more complicated to make than people realize! Now I guarantee the quality, so I’ll look forward to your future visits, you know. I’ll consider that a promise!”

The woman have a small laugh, and Charjra smiled. "Indeed" she replied, as she watched the woman work. With a few waves of her wand, a bottle of scent potion landed in her hands. Then a second bottle for the minor magics slipped into her hands.

Just let me know whenever you are ready to purchase or if there’s anything else you wish to buy, but yes, do leave enough for your pet! I’ll be curious to hear what you get the next time you come in.”

The shop owner winked playfully.

Charjra simply smiled. "No, thank you. Unless you have a map of the city. But I think that will be all for now." she stated politely. She walked over towards the counter, as she went to retrieve where she had hidden her pouch. So hoped that it was enough money, for she really did want the items. She looked over at Margaret.

"Thank you so much. How much will that be?" she asked, as she held her pouch, not opening it until she heard the amount.

She was growing excited at the idea of a new pet. A companion for this strange place.

TAG: Darth_Elu

-=-=-=-=-=-

IC: Nomuk Lhur

Nomuk had asked a quetion of the man who called himself Baron. Baron nodded at him. “Welcome to you then, Nomuk. And you bring up valid points. But in this war across the Omniverse, we can pick those with great potential, but outside of that? Standards, in the manner in which you imply, good sir, is something we cannot afford to be picky about these days. We need all the help we can get.”

Motioning to the gore, he continued, “And as soon as we finish up this little conversation, I’ll march us somewhere to get cleaned off real quick on the way to our next destination. So not too long, I promise. Same with the umbilical—Oh, look at that.”

The cords finally dissipated at that point, most of them not likely having noticed until he pointed it out, “There they go.”

As Nomuk looked, the cords they had been attached to. Nomuk flexed, standing to his full height. As he looked about, he saw something that looked like a small speck of fire, eating the remains, and cleaning the room. Best not too think to much on that.

The statement about just being born didnt shake him much. NOT after the earlier display. That would be hard to top. And Nomuk didnt want to imagine what that could be.

Another voice chimed out.

"And if we refuse? Refuse to fight this little war of yours?”

Valid question. Nomuk watched Baron quite closely as the man responded.

An easy smile came on his face. “We hope you do, as I said. But if you choose not to, you’ll be cleared by the Overseer who identified you all and then allowed to enter the city of Shadow’s Reach, which is where we are, as a normal citizen. I am sure you thought it’d be a death sentence or cold shoulder, but no, we will not do that. Just acknowledgment. Granted, there would be limitations upon travel to and from the city if not a formal member of Genesis Gate and any potential growth in power that we could train you for will be severely stunted. If you care about that sort of thing. Especially given that you will all notice that you perhaps find you’re not quite as strong or fast as you remember. If you had magic or access to any other kind of powers, you’ll notice it now feels inaccessible. Again, all also part of the Genesis Process. But you’ve all been revealed as those with amazing potential, so you’ll regain what once was lost and more, here. That I can guarantee.”

He backed up a step to get a good look at everyone again, “However, trust me, there’s no going back if you don’t wish to take part in our fight. I shall explain momentarily, but first…”

Baron turned to deal with some other questions. Nomuk was silent, listening to the multiple of questions. Not that it mattered. With no memories, and nothing but Nomuk would consider a 'rooted' sense of one's own morals and thoughts of self, any of this other talk was meaningless.

Nomuk's ears swiveled as he heard a very distinctive but unusual voice. He followed the voice to the small flame creature, who seemed to be spouting some nonsense words.

"Okay, this baby needs a bottle." He stated matter of factually. "Or rather I need a log, and someone some metal tongs, because lets face it. Adorable baby? Me? Don't walk. So who's gonna carry me? Stuffy in the corner? Dadda? Hmm?"

Nomuk let out a gruff laugh.

The woman was ready to leave. Nomuk believes her name is Lady Atmora. The madman was called Morimoto. A mane who called himself Mr. Ke, popped his wrist in place.

Morimoto shouted at this moment. "Does this mean we are/ were fanfiction characters? And only now we have the sovereignty to decide life for ourselves."

It was silent for a moment, before another man, who had been quiet spoke up in a tone that spoke volumnes. "If you don't mind, ladies and uh," a faint pause and he scanned the others, "gentleman. Perhaps we could be moving on to clean ourselves and have some fresh clothes? I'm sure then the Baron Quinn could indulge us in further questions."

Nomuk simply snorted.

TAG: @Narancia @Shadowsun @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @The Jedi in the Pumas @Darth_Elu

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Small note, there is no real 'Mess Hall' in the Estate, as its more akin to a Dining Room, with servants taking orders and bringing out the food after cooking. However, I can roll with their being some pre-supplied options on a counter as well. But just stating so we have the right imagery down. :p

Also, will be starting combos for those being trained after the next update, so the morning still has time, but an end is in sight.

Jeannie Yardhouse IC:
    ~Dining Room, Elite Dreamers Estate~

Jeannie bowed as Amaya seemed a bit distant in thought and instead went to the already prepared dishes on display on the counter that led to the kitchen. She didn't take it personally, she was sure there was much on the woman's mind. An elite and one so new to Genesis Gate after all!

When she asked her question, finally gaining the elite's attention, she was surprised at the quiet insistence to sit. Not wanting to offend, she smoothed her skirts and did so.

“Oh...I was thinking of checking out the city. Get my bearings so to speak.”

She bobbed her head understandingly, "I see, that makes perfect sense, milady. Is there anywhere specific you'd like to see or just take in the sights?"

It was around this time that Aryan strolled into the room, an air of authority hung about him with seasoned practice. She immediately sprang to her feet and bowed to the man, much as she had toward Amaya and even Grimble (who was still quietly eating where he sat, watching things without a word) earlier.

"Hello, good sir! How can I assist you this morning? Is there anything you would like to eat that I can get you? If not, there are a few available options on the counter over there already, if you wish to do so yourself."

Tag: Amaya & Aryan @TheAdmiral @HanSolo29

Sauron IC:
    ~Theater of the Gate, Common Quarter~

Sauron's head turned to look toward Jam as the orc spoke, ever more defiantly toward him despite his condition. As soon as he was done speaking, he simply turned back to his Nazgul and finished conversing with them in quieter tones. Once done, his robed servant produced a bottle of red liquid from his cloak and handed it to the Lord of Middle-Earth.

Stalking back toward the elite with heavy, menacing, footfalls. He said only, "Your spirit is commendable at the least."

Holding out the bottle toward him, he waited for the orc to take it. "This is a high grade healing potion, it will do just as it is named for and heal all your wounds completely. I shall restore your stamina once done, then we will get back to work."

There would be no trickery in this as Sauron had no reason to, the potion working just as the Dark Lord said it would. When done, he put his gauntleted hand on Jam's forehead, telling him to hold still for just a moment. Within seconds, his energy would be entirely restored.

Jam was once more at 100%!

Stepping back and motioning toward the far wall, Sauron pointed toward some weights of all kinds of various sizes that had gone previously unnoticed due to the brutal beatdown being delivered earlier.

"Come, show me what you can do with these and tell me, in your words, how do you work up the energy to fight?"

The answer should prove to be interesting, even if he was already beginning to suspect the answer/

Tag: Jam @The Jedi in the Pumas

Agent Smith IC:
    ~Cyber-Matrix Suite, Shadow's Reach~

The Councillor watched as Samuel reformed himself and stood back up, registering what had just transpired. Good. In this instance, being too much of a machine would be bad. The irony. Think. Learn. Evolve.

The elite would need to do these things, always, for it to become the ultimate weapon.

"Well, you're one tough bastard."

Smith smiled faintly, "I see your observational capabilities are still intact. Very good."

At the beckoning from the elite, he cocked his head to the side quizzically and amused. He wanted to start Round Two on the defensive, did he? Very well, that would be a good test as well.

Smith charged forward, moving fast with a look supreme concentration, though not 'Matrix Fast.' Coming upon Samuel, he would then start in with a left forward punch to the face, followed by a right jab to the chest, then a left to the chest, finishing with a spinning thrust kick from his right foot aimed at Samuel's hips.

All were done quickly, attempting to overwhelm him, but they were not blindingly fast. Keeping up would be a challenge, but not impossible. The whole time, Smith watched to see how Samuel reacted to the flurry of strikes.

Tag: Samuel @Shadowsun

James Moriarty IC:
    ~Private Chamber, Omniversal Library~

As they conversed, Moriarty was keen on Wapoe's various little reactions and wording. Something he was confident the new elite was painfully aware of. To teach or to toy? As usual the answer lied somewhere in the middle. As usual, Moriarty was aware of thatand potentially ignored it to make a decision after all. Or perhaps not? Who was to say?

"I would rather appreciate a ruby wine, if I may. To take the edge off, if I would."

Ruby wine was his chosen drink was it? Noted. One could tell a number of things based upon one's preferred drink, if you were observant enough.

"Ones paranoia works overtime, as you say."

Moriarty gave no visible reaction, but merely lifted his wrist device and spoke into it again, requesting Wapoe's beverage. It was accepted readily. Lowering his hand again, Moriarty clasped his hands on his lap and looked into the flames once more.

"Indeed it does. I would say to calm yourself for this conversation, but no doubt you would not listen. But I understand..." he stared into the flames for a heartbeat more, "Do attempt to not allow yourself to stiffen so visually at a mere tic of another's facial expression, Wapoe. Even if simply a lure to draw out more from me, the chances of it backfiring are higher than you realize. Such tactics are best used against one you know fall prey to such things. Generally speaking, keeping an immutable personage or at least one constant state is the most reliable option."

He allowed the hooded elite to process this for a moment, before pressing onto the next matter of business.

"With that said, I keep this little room prepared at this place for a reason. Manipulation is nothing without knowledge and this building is the very accumulation of it. While your previous experiences likely gained you much knowledge, there is so much more out there to lean than you realize," he shifted to gaze at him with an authoritative look, "And that is where your rise's inception must begin. In this building's knowledge. What is the one thing you would like to learn about that you have limited to no knowledge of. The absence of such comprehension will be erased forthwith."

Tag: Wapoe @Sinrebirth

The Individual Betwixt Light and Dark
    ~Plasma-Stream Bridge, Central District~

As Valynor approached on the bridge, his wonder shining from his radiant elven eyes and rising infectious excitement practically rolling off of his aura like a star, the man before him continued to just look at the Plasma-Stream for a few moments. As if still concentrated only on his deep thoughts.

But he sensed the elven elite’s approach all the same. Oh yes, he had sensed him coming for quite some time. He hadn’t been searching for him, no, nothing like that. But when a powerful presence, yet still so early in its growth appeared…

For those truly perceptive. For those truly wise. For those who truly saw….

They would never miss it, even without need of their eyes.

“I can’t believe it either!”

A smile graced the enigmatic person’s visage at this comment, allowing Valynor to get all of the initial amazement out. Had he not been doing the same mere moments before? If in not so a…vocal fashion.

“A ley line running through the heart of the city itself! How could they act so oblivious?”

A chuckle, just a faint one, escaped from the individual’s lips. People and their blindness was a staple everywhere it would seem. A tale as old as time, no. Existence itself. It was starting to become quite an unfortunate cliché, but the veracious intellectuals among us knew it was simply another burden to bear.

Enlightenment, no matter how impossible it seemed, was the penultimate goal. Always.

“If only I had my magics! Simply amazing!”

The elf’s outstretched hands did nothing to ‘jumpstart’ the slumbering power within him, the plasma-stream carrying on as it always did, now changing to a green that reflected Valynor’s eyes well. His expression and action betraying his hope, the man sharing in the moment could very well understand the intention at the least.

At last the comfortable silence had to come to an end, as all things were wont to do, and he turned more companionably to face this zestful newcomer, his face taking him in fully. For it wouldn’t do to be ignorant himself, no, never that. It was ever so crucial when two people met…

….That Fate Had Set For One Another.

Tag: Valynor
    @greyjedi125 (PM Me!)

Sniper Wolf IC:
    ~S.R. Farms, Shadow's Reach~

The initial fumbling with the ammunition surprised Wolf a little and she made a mental note of it, but for the time being kept quiet. Continuing to watch, learn, and analyze her new student. He was indeed experienced in such weaponry, if not clearly specialized in what amounted to 'the past' for him. She could tell by watching how he aimed and adjusted without any need for input from her. He had the technical know-how down rather well.

At his first shop and immediate expletive in...elvish?...she couldn't help but laugh for a moment. Quieting down, she watched as he just concentrated and fired his second shot. Discomfort seemed to hang over him.

"Not many can handle her," she remarked, "You can see why. But you did well for your first time, we'll keep using this model for now."

Walking over to the edge of the building, she lifted some binoculars that she produced from a pouch and looked through them to see how he had done.

"You took too long between your shots. About four and a half seconds, good enough time to run and get to cover. Possibly escaping," she critiqued with what he already knew, "But your aim is not bad. Your first shot had hit the mid ring of the target, the second clipped the outer ring. For your first time with the M82, that's not bad."

She lowered the binoculars and turned to look at him, curiosity on her face. "We will try again with this target for now, but first. You were having trouble with the loading before. Was something wrong?"

A hint of amusement.

"Nerves?"

Tag: Jo'Sua @Mitth_Fisto

The Common Quarter
    ~Shadow's Reach~

The asari employee of Beixnia V’dona Fashion bowed low and accepted the armor from Ayira. She would murmur an 'of course, milady' before bidding her farewell and then whisking off to secure the elite's armor and fetching an appropriate runner.

By then, the young woman would already have departed the store and begun making her way through the Onyx Bazaar once more. There would be no issues along the way, though as she turned for the east and nearly left the Common Quarter behind, a figure stepping out from a corner building to her left, caught her attention. The building in question was evidently the Cuisine Pirates of the Caribbean Restaurant.

And he himself certainly looked like he fit!

"E-Excuse me, miss! Lass? It's lass isn't it?"

[​IMG]

At Ayira's reply, he seemed to just slowly blink. "Rrrriiight. Well, you see, you're just the girl I'm looking for."

It would take the blonde a moment that somehow he had just put an arm around her and smoothly, as naturally as you please even, steered her into the restaurant.

"I've got a bit o' a problem and you're the lady luck I need outta it....Savvy?"

Tag: Ayira @spacelady

Margaret Merryflask IC:
    ~Margaret Merryflask’s Elixirs, Onyx Bazaar~

As Charjra went about smiling and acting positively toward the conversation and suggestions of Margaret, the old witch as well. Yes, she quite liked this one!

At her question of anything else to buy in her shop, the elite shook her head calmly.

“No, thank you. Unless you have a map of the city. But I think that will be all for now. Thank you so much. How much will that be?”

Margaret shrugged simply. “Nope, no map here, I'm afraid. So sorry about that! But you’ll find your way around in no time, you’ll see. Now lets see…”

Checking over the items one more time, doing the math, and then using her wand to magically place the items in a bag which set itself before Charjra again on the counter, the old woman smiled and gave the price.

Well within budget, with plenty to spare. Charjra Myt’tar had made her first purchase in Shadow’s Reach!

“I’ll be here whenever you are ready to return, dearie,” Margaret intoned as she left, “Take care out there, you hear!”

Tag: Charjra @Ktala

Baron Quinn IC:

The aura from this group, while some seemed favorable, seemed far more hesitant and even resistant to his words. Quinn found this interesting, wondering if there was an underlying cause for this or if it was truly just the way things were.

Mir’s frown in particular was troubling. As were his words.

“Ah yes, the notion ‘I brought you into this world so you should do as I say,’ well I do apologize for bursting your bubble Baron Quinn, but we owe you nothing. I do not reject what you say to be true, after all how could I? I have no experience or knowledge to refute it with. But the fact remains, it is rather indecorous of you to ask for any favors, especially that of someone that has no basis, no identity to make any kind of informed opinion, just the one-sided bias of whatever this place is.”

The Baron watched the man evenly, showing just as little change in mood as he, though one could sense the equal annoyance.

“Perhaps you were not listening very closely then, Mr. Dragonson. I do believe I relayed to you all that you do not, in fact, have to agree and were free to simply be registered as citizens. But, that is your call and I will not dissuade you.”

He turned away without ceremony as Tiberius spoke next.

“While you did not address my question directly, I suppose what you are saying is these ‘dreamers’ that brought us into being all happened to imagine us speaking the same language. Still awfully convenient if you ask me.”

Quinn stroked his beard, watching the shirtless wonder with metal arms. He allowed his annoyance to show a little more visibly, if for just a moment or two.

“It would appear that my words are not quite as clear as I imagined them to be. Perhaps I am at fault, ladies and gentlemen. I do apologize then! You see, Tiberius, I stated that we made a slight tweak so you could speak the common language here. Difficult and by all means, heavily magical. Not done by me personally, I’ll have you know, so don’t ask me specifics. If it is determined that you would have trouble communicating here, we add in this language to your repertoire. Any other languages you know should come back to you as well, soon enough.”

A pause.

“Is that directly clear?”

“Perhaps you should have experimented on your own self, hm? Bodies stack so neatly, after all.”

An amusing comment, that. But while some rivalry could be a good thing, the level of resistance and agitation underlying this group could easily spiral out of control. He couldn’t afford to let that get too far this time. Not like with Jam and Ayira in the last group, the other day. Especially not when it was starting to annoy even him!

“Eloquently put, Atticus. However, I think we have had enough of that for today. We shall most certainly get you cleaned up.”

As for Mr. Ke, all he stated when refocused on was…

“Yes, a Doctor.”

A noncommittal one, prone to keep his secrets and privacy. The Baron chuckled with a shrug, an eye kept remaining on him a few seconds.

“Very well, Mr. Ke, you shall see one very soon. I do hope your reasoning isn’t anything too seri—“

“Who’s mamma?”

Quinn hesitated, distracted from his words by such a random line of questioning. Turning his head and looking down, he saw the fiery creature that he had noticed ‘cleaning’ up the place. It had finally spoken.

“I mean you are obvious either Dadda or deer in the headlights doctor who decided a sword was a better catching mitt instead of blank.”

Quinn laughed at the quirky wit of the being, if slightly thrown off guard by him.

“Well, depending on whom we’re speaking about, a sword can be used quite well as a catching mitt, I must say. Ah, my manners, forgive me. You were saying?”

“Right, how rude of me. Us babies get to pick our own names now, or they what Mother gave us? I wonder. Anyway Califlour’s the name, but if I get to decide you could always call me Bellay Chrystal. The —Voice— of Genesis Gate coming to you live from your very own berthing chamber! No wait, we aren’t ships…yet. Birthing Chamber, yeah. Let’s all agree not to tell ugly baby jokes, because obviously I’m the cutest and that would be mean to everyone else - except you Dadda, you pull off that beard well.”

The Baron blinked, humor and amusement blanketing over the previous irritation that had been building up.

“Heh. Why thank you, I suppose.”

“Okay, this baby needs a bottle. Or rather I need a log, and someone some metal tongs, because lets face it. Adorable baby? Me? Don’t walk. So who’s gonna carry me? Stuffy in the corner? Dadda? Hmm?”

“You’re an interesting one, Califlour. Or Bellay Chrystal, choice is yours, really. Lets see…How about this then.”

Pulling off his jacket, he wrapped it thickly around his arm then held it out for Califlour to ‘jump’ on and smolder peacefully upon it.

“And that answers that question. This is amenable, I hope? And now that you’ve given your name, how about you? Still waiting, if I may remind you.”

His gaze had turned toward the flayed one.

“Ha. My name? Hmm, well, I forgot, I think. I think my name is Morimoto. Actually, my name is Morimoto. And my father was a gamer, so naturally, he was violent.”

Curious reasoning as the joke went completely over the Baron’s head, not having been in a place where such debate had existed. Nor having a visited a place that might have had that debate and cared to listen long enough to understand it.

“Greetings then, Morimoto. We all have our tribulations and adversities we grow up in, now don’t we.”

It was at this time that Lady Atmora huffed a final time upon realization that the cords were gone and began storming off.

“I’ll find the showers MYSELF!”

Quinn’s eyebrows rose. “Impatient, that one. Do try not to get lost in a strange city, it wouldn’t be fun in your state!”

Nor would she really make it far if she continued to leave. Plus exhaustion would overtake her soon enough, which was something he was going to remark on shortly, but if she persisted then it would seem she wouldn’t be around to hear it.

“Don’t hurry on my account, good man; I like the pain; in fact, I could set my wrist back in place if I really wanted to.”

Morimoto about needing a doctor himself, or rather, not. A crack echoed throughout the chamber as he reset his own wrist to emphasize his point, without a care in the world.

“See. Though I still need some medical treatment for grip strength and all that jazz. But the aching is still there and will keep me company.”

“Not for long, we’ll need you at full strength shortly. After we wrap up this conversation and get you all cleaned up, we have some evaluations we want you to all undergo so we have a good idea of where your strengths lie. Of course…” he chose to look back at Mir (and Atmora if she chose to remain) particularly, “…if you refuse to do them because you have chosen the life of a citizen. That’s fine too, I’ll set up the appropriate channels immediately once we leave here.”

The hand puppets were ignored by the Baron when they happened, too engrossed in his own words, and surveying the others’ reactions at the time. Morimoto had already shown himself to be a wildcard and thus the Baron didn’t analyze his full reactions too in depth.

Though his last question surprised him, as well as confused.

“Does this mean we are/were fanfiction characters? And only now we have the sovereignty to decide life for ourselves?”

Quinn studied him a moment, wondering how serious he was being. It was already becoming hard to tell with that one. Same with Ke. Still, they would undoubtedly have their uses.

“I confess to not fully understanding what you mean by ‘fan fiction.’ Though I get the gist. I suppose in a manner of speaking…yes. Where once you were nothing but thought up images in another’s mind, now you are truly alive and free to act on your own.”

“If you don’t mind, ladies and uh, gentleman. Perhaps we could be moving on to clean ourselves and have some fresh clothes? I’m sure then the Baron Quinn could indulge us in further questions.”

“I think Mr. Langdon is correct, now seems a good time to be moving on. I doubt we all wish to continue just standing around like this.”

With a quick whisper into a device he wore on his left wrist, then an absent nod toward Nomuk, he began motioning for the group to follow him. Cauliflour still on his outstretched right arm, slowly burning through the sacrificed jacket. The Baron paid it no heed currently.

He spoke as he walked toward the door in the far corner of the room.

“As mentioned earlier, after being cleaned off, I will have you all undergo a few evaluations. Simple ones, very basic. Just so we can get a good idea of each of you. After that, we’ll allow a short meal and have you escorted to your respective quarters where you can dwell on whether or not to join us and just process the day’s events. Your stamina won’t last much longer than that on your first day. Starting tomorrow you should be more in tune with your body.”

His boots once more rapped on the floor, their own footsteps now heard as well for the first time as they came behind him. An echo persists din this room where the so-called Genesis Gate continued to simply exist in its magical white vapor-like state, indifferent to all else around it.

Moving past the pillar they came into the next section of the three-part chamber, mostly open and unused. There was more of the Genesis Gate vapor portal in the back, but it seemed not to be needed in their case.

The Baron kept moving across the room to the right corner where the door was situated. Not far from the door, to its left, was a round ornate table made of pure silver. Not large, but still of decent size. Expertly crafted and very much contrasting with the dullness of its surroundings. On it was a large tray of flute glasses that held some kind of pastel yellow liquid. Quinn paused here, turning to face the group again.

“If any of you still feel a little low on energy, these potions here will restore your lost vitality and vigor. We want to see you at your peak performance during the tests, after all. Nor do I imagine any of you liking that sluggish feeling if indeed it does persist.”

Quinn allowed any who wished to take the glasses to do so, only further adding: “From what I hear, they taste like lemonade.”

When done and the glasses returned to the tray, he would nod succinctly and turn to swing open the door, moving through at a normal brisk pace. It would take only seconds for the potions to take effect, just as described.

And after that, they would follow him through the door and closer to Shadow’s Reach at last.

Tag: Mir, Tiberius, Atticus, Mr. Ke, Cauliflour, Morimoto, Atmora (Short Combo if she does leave ahead of the others), & Nomuk

@Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @Mitth_Fisto @Narancia @spacelady @Ktala

20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Samuel Jupiter

The cyborg warrior saw the movements come towards him, their speed only barely within his reach to keep up with.

Samuel would bring his mechanical components round to deflect each of the strikes, the blows feeling like a battering ram against his person.

He recalled the fight with the Jam mere hours ago, Smith was certainly far more capable than the Jam was, at least for now, he would need to be clever to outmaneuver a superiorly skilled opponent.

With the last strike aimed from towards his hips Samuel did not move away or with an arm to deflect it, instead, he moved toward Agent Smith, his left hand cusped into that knife hand attempting to slice down into his...flesh?

It was still uncertain what this 'unplugged' Agent Smith was made out of.

OOC: Tiberius's action with the toe was GM approved.

IC: Tiberius Trajan and Mir Dragonson

Mir's frown remained firmly on his face as Quinn responded to his question.

“Perhaps you were not listening very closely then, Mr. Dragonson. I do believe I relayed to you all that you do not, in fact, have to agree and were free to simply be registered as citizens. But, that is your call and I will not dissuade you.”

Insulting him was not a way to go about convincing him. Mir had been listening very closely, his statement had not contradicted what Quinn had said before, it was a position but upon the fact that either choice was an inherently biased one as they had no frame of reference for existence. Clearly, this Quinn could not grasp that, his incompetence a great dissatisfaction to Mir.

Not to mention he did not being referred to as 'Mr. Dragonson' mainly because he did not know what 'Mister' meant, whatever world he came from did not use the word, not only that but it felt like the completely incorrect to address him.

Tiberius meanwhile was not annoyed with Quinn to the degree Mir was, or annoyed with him at all really. He found him amusing if he had to use a word to describe his initial reaction to the man.

“It would appear that my words are not quite as clear as I imagined them to be. Perhaps I am at fault, ladies, and gentlemen. I do apologize then! You see, Tiberius, I stated that we made a slight tweak so you could speak the common language here. Difficult and by all means, heavily magical. Not done by me personally, I’ll have you know, so don’t ask me specifics. If it is determined that you would have trouble communicating here, we add in this language to your repertoire. Any other languages you know should come back to you as well, soon enough.”

“Is that directly clear?”

"Ah yes, thank you that is much more clear. Quite fascinating."

Tiberius then came to view the others, thinking to himself about how he felt on all those present.

The first was that of Lady Atmora who seemed deeply agitated by the man Morimoto, who was indeed quite a despicable human being, not that Tiberius particularly had any strong negative feelings to the man, humans were always in flux after all. Still, he had thought this Lady Atmora to be of a calm collected nature, it appeared that was not the case, although they were all covered in blood, it was probably quite a human reaction to become quite agitated in a circumstance such as this. Still, her impatience had been noted, although humans were naturally impatient creatures... such short lives he wondered how they got anything done.

The white-haired man then cast his glance to the one named Atticus, who had made the worthy suggestion of them going to be cleaned. Tiberius was not sure why but he wanted to know more about the man, he intrigued him. He carried himself with an air of class, not only that but he also had a good taste in fashion, something Tiberius could appreciate.

“Perhaps you should have experimented on your own self, hm? Bodies stack so neatly, after all.”

Mir swiveled his head to the blood-soaked man, the same frown resting on Mir's face. He was not intimidated by the man, while he could not remember them he was sure he had faced far worse foes than some old man that dressed well. Oh, that face... how badly he wanted to punch it. There was no use starting a fight, not with one such as this.

"You would still be covered in blood, would you not? What difference does it make to you?"

He knew that was not the point Atticus was trying to make but that did not change how it did not like the man.

Tiberius's merely chuckled at this statement before he resumed surveying those gathered in the room.

Of course, there was Mir Dragonson the one who had just moments ago killed a man. It was odd how in stride the humans were taking it...nevertheless Tiberius was not sure what to make of him, his argumentation regarding their place here did make sense, but Tiberius was willing to play along, for now, these people did not seem to pose any danger so why not comply, they had just gifted them all 'life' after all.

Then there was the bag-headed man Mr. Ke. Was he some kind of paper daemon? Quite fascinating really, his voice did not unnerve Tiberius if anything it only intrigued him further. What did he want a doctor for? It would remain to be seen, but this paper daemon warranted further study.

There was also the lion-like creature named Nomuk. The way it seemed to elongate its vowels intrigued Tiberius, he found the sound somewhat satisfying although he was not sure why it just was. He was not familiar with the species at all and was curious about its origins. Although the creature had not spoken much Tiberius was still unsure of how he thought on the lion creature until he interacted with it further.

Lastly, there was the Fire Daemon, who seemed to have a name.

'Califlour'. It had requested the desire for food and a means to transport it. Baron had offered his arm wrapped in his jacket, the fire Daemon seeing him as a father for one reason or another. Tiberius found this foolish, the fire would spread unless it was magical but it wanted to consume something after all. And even if the fire did not spread the sheer heat of the thing was sure to injure Quinn, he was only a human after all.

Tiberius however, had metal arms, so fire would be of no issue.

Walking over to Califlour he reached down to his feet. His feet, like his shirt, were bare to the world. With his mechanical hand, he grabbed his big toe and ripped it off neatly.

"I hope I am not overstepping my bounds but I cannot see you not harming yourself Baron Quinn. My arms are metal, and my nervous system is built differently than you humans, I do not feel pain."

He then looked down to the Fire Daemon, placing his severed toe in his metal left hand he placed it down for Califlour to hop into if it so desired.

"We Daemons have to stick together my firey little friend, allow me to lend you a hand if that is alright with you. I am afraid my toe is all I can offer as a fuel source for the time being. Don't worry it will grow back, you could say I am an 'infinite fuel source' for you."

Tiberius gave a chuckle, he of course had no way of knowing that Califlour preferred living materials.

As this was going on Mir looked up at the so-called Baron with contempt as he spoke next.

“Not for long, we’ll need you at full strength shortly. After we wrap up this conversation and get you all cleaned up, we have some evaluations we want you to all undergo so we have a good idea of where your strengths lie. Of course, if you refuse to do them because you have chosen the life of a citizen. That’s fine too, I’ll set up the appropriate channels immediately once we leave here.”

Mir, then came to view the liquid that was offered to them. He did not suspect there to be any poison, it was reasonable to assume that if they were to kill them they would have done so already. No refused to partake as he did not want to owe 'them' anything, even such a simple action as to take the drink would be complicit in his eyes.

He looked to Quinn as everyone else began to drink.

"I will not be taking these 'evaluations' of yours... at the very least not until I know who I am."

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Mitth_Fisto @spacelady @Narancia @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  21. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Atticus Langdon

"You would still be covered in blood, would you not? What difference does it make to you?"

Atticus made no obvious reaction to Mir's retort. He hardly spared a glance in his direction.

"Quite the difference, I'm sure. For instance, it would be rather gratifying."

They finally made their way out of the blood soaked chamber and Atticus was happy to be on his way and to be cleaned up. He did not like getting his hands dirty, as it were, as evident by the amount of anger mounting. He did keep his attention on the others as they began filing out, picking up on the Baron Quinn mentioning that they would undergo evaluations, he looked in his direction, adjusting his glasses briefly, displeased with the idea of having his strengths tested like some lowly pawn. He kept the displeasure off his face though and thankfully he had a good distraction from showing anymore of his cards.

His eyes caught the fiery looking... creature? on Baron Quinn's arm, simply burning away at his coat that he had wrapped around his arm. He quietly chided himself for not even noticing that. He was letting things slip and that could become dangerous fast. He eyed the partially naked man with metal arms approach Baron Quinn and Califour, reaching down and suddenly ripping off his toe, offering it without much regard or response to the pain he must have no doubt felt. He suggested it was to help the fiery creature, but it seemed as if just another show of force and to withstand that level of pain. He cared not for those to show off. Real power was unspoken verbally. It was felt.

The group walked down the hallways before briefly stopping by a table with glasses of light yellow liquid with the promise of restoring their energy. He looked at the glasses curiously, but ended up deciding against taking one. While it was unlikely they would go through all the trouble of all of this just to poison them, Atticus felt it was against his own policy to accept drinks for strangers, or even more, those he kept close.

Mir announced he would not be taking part of the evaluations, and for a moment, he couldn't argue with him. He stroked his chin, thoughtfully before following the group through the doors and out into the city proper.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Shadowsun, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas

IC as Ayira

It was a relaxing stroll through the city. That was until a strange looking man suddenly slid over, reeking of alcohol.

"E-Excuse me, miss! Lass? It's lass isn't it?"

Ayira made a face at the smell and sight of this man, feeling annoyed at the interruption of her search to find a weapon. She huffed out a small sigh. "It's Ayira, thank you very much."

The man just blinked at her response, making her wonder how "all there" he was. "Rrrriiight. Well, you see, you're just the girl I'm looking for."

And it was then when she noticed. He had snaked his arm around her and easily had her directed to the restaurant, pulling her casually in. She looked at him with a smile. "You should know it's rude to touch a woman." Her cold smile melted away to a disgusted glare that was only reserved for those who really made her mad. At the same time, she grabbed hold of his middle finger and wrenched it backward with incredible force.

"Don't touch me again."

22. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Look I wouldn't be playing a fifth character unless I had a really good reason...and... well... I'll let you be the judge... GM Approved. (Although he said I'm cutoff for the foreseeable future...I don't know why)

Name: Sir Quackles the III
    [​IMG]
    Race: Duck
    Hair Color: Yellow
    Eye Color: Brown
    Height & Build: 3 ft 11 in
    Other Physical Attributes: Has a magnificent bill
    Magic Sensitivity: No

GM Permission to respond to all current Tags

Sir Quackles the III

The Duck Warrior fluttered its eyes in curiosity, his mind trying to grasp what had just befallen him. He looked around the room, surveying the many odd creatures that lay within it. In time they would be asked to introduce themselves but Sir Quackles would remain silent, the barely four-foot duck most likely blinding in with the group of thirty or so individuals.

The ideas presented on identity and philosophical wonderings would be ignored by the yellow knight, his two large eyes merely surveying each person that was gathered. None appeared to be Knights, save for perhaps the one known as Mir Dragonson, but he was no true knight, his affront with the poor soul that had lost his life was proof enough of that. Sir Quackles and wanted to confront the man, but either because of his small stature, or his unusual race, or some other reason the lingering effects the Genesis process caused him to regain his strength slower than the others.

However, eventually, there would come the confrontation between the one named Morimoto and the other known as Lady Atmora. The former's comments causing the other to storm off. This would simply not do, Sir Quackles the Third could not let this standard.

His expression deadly serious, he waddled over to the patched man who would now be viewing a four-foot-tall, heavily armored duck-man-thing giving him the meanest death glare one could imagine.

"I am Sir Quackles the Third, Defender of Truth and Justice! And you Sir have offended this gracious Lady, apologize at once or prepare to face the greatest duck warrior to ever live!"

TAG: @Narancia @Darth_Elu @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Jo'Sua Dhatra
    ~S.R. Farms, Shadow's Reach~

The fact that she had laughed at his reaction to firing was not lost on him. It sent an odd sensation through his cold ethereal heart.

"Not many can handle her," she remarked, "You can see why. But you did well for your first time, we'll keep using this model for now." Walking over to the edge of the building, she lifted some binoculars that she produced from a pouch and looked through them to see how he had done.

"You took too long between your shots. About four and a half seconds, good enough time to run and get to cover. Possibly escaping," she critiqued with what he already knew, "But your aim is not bad. Your first shot had hit the mid ring of the target, the second clipped the outer ring. For your first time with the M82, that's not bad."

She lowered the binoculars and turned to look at him, curiosity on her face. "We will try again with this target for now, but first. You were having trouble with the loading before. Was something wrong?"

A hint of amusement. "Nerves?" She asked, a joke of his own expense.

Giving a short bark of a laugh he shook his hooded head in spite of himself. "Perhaps. Trouble keeping in phase while loading, the pressure it took, the feel of it, it is not as I remember. Baron had said it would be different, proof is in trying." he shrugged, there was also the fact that his memories for firearms were several hundred years out of date besides shooting a pistol during evaluations. But to say anything of that, it felt that he merely would be making an excuse based on a remembered lie instead of true reality.

Ejecting the clip he set to reloading it again. This time far more efficiently with the prior experience. He still slide dragged the clip to alignment before pressing it in quickly to click into place. Was this an old habit? He was not even sure how to answer his self question. Retaking his position he waited silently for her to give the go ahead to shoot again. Clicking the scope settings to adjust his sights to walk in his aim closer to the bulls eye of the target.

There was a lot, and Califlour did mean A LOT of talking going on here. Didn't really seem to say that much, but I mean then again a lot of saying things again in a different way to say the same thing by other babies and their birthing Doctor. Yeah, there was a lot more of a Johnny Bench about the guy than a proud paternal vibe.

That meant the jury was still out on who knocked up Momma and who Momma was as well. Yikes, talk about starting a life out with existential crisis! Yowza!

When it came to his own words Quinn had laughed, not at all a bad introduction as he admitted the sword was his catching mitt. So doctor Quinn Medicine Man. . .Wo-ah, that seemed off somehow just a little.

“You’re an interesting one, Califlour. Or Bellay Chrystal, choice is yours, really. Lets see…How about this then.” stated Dr. Quinn Medicine Man - yeah, something was still missing there. Pulling off his jacket, he wrapped it thickly around his arm then held it out for Califlour to ‘jump’ on and smolder peacefully upon it.

“And that answers that question. This is amenable, I hope? And now that you’ve given your name, how about you? Still waiting, if I may remind you.” Quin said turning to someone else. Of course Califlour's 'hop' had ended up more of a sideways belly flop onto the offered arm before scrabbling up ontop.

"Ooh. Ah. Unhh, almost there. Yeah, slow down a little, just a little enh! There. Whew." He sighed in a bit of exhaustion. Wow, I mean one would think he would be more active after a snack of blood and entrails, but limits were limits.

Sitting there smoldering away, trying to control his butt fires, he played with his lips and mouth. Learning himself as he felt himself out - tongue flame seemed to go pretty far. Body shifting from tall and thin to short and blobby and back again. "Look Pa! No Arms!" He stated with self wonder and glee as he absorbed them and then spit them back out again, "Arms! Hahaha- Ye-ah! Talk about your next level game of peek-a-boo!"

Finally all the talky talk was over an they were moving to the door in the far corner, yeah, it was a good thing Califlour didn't have to move himself, I mean good gracious that was a lot of stone! Why couldn't they have a nice shag carpet? That stuff burned so well he coulda raced them all to the end!

“As mentioned earlier, after being cleaned off, I will have you all undergo a few evaluations. Simple ones, very basic. Just so we can get a good idea of each of you. After that, we’ll allow a short meal and have you escorted to your respective quarters where you can dwell on whether or not to join us and just process the day’s events. Your stamina won’t last much longer than that on your first day. Starting tomorrow you should be more in tune with your body.” -So says Dr. Quin!!! Whose boots once more rapped on the floor. An echo persists in this room where the so-called Genesis Gate continued to simply exist in its magical white vapor-like state, indifferent to all else around it.

Moving past the pillar they came into the next section of the three-part chamber, mostly open and unused. There was more of the Genesis Gate vapor portal in the back, but it seemed not to be needed in their case.

The Baron kept moving across the room to the right corner where the door was situated, and so in turn Califlour did the same. It was hard to go anywhere else when you were attached at the butt to the others arm. Not far from the door, to its left, was a round ornate table made of pure silver. Talk about your self congratulatory new papa drinks! These people knew how to live! On it was a large tray of flute glasses that held some kind of pastel yellow liquid. Quinn paused here, turning to face the group again.

“If any of you still feel a little low on energy, these potions here will restore your lost vitality and vigor. We want to see you at your peak performance during the tests, after all. Nor do I imagine any of you liking that sluggish feeling if indeed it does persist.”

Quinn allowed any who wished to take the glasses to do so, only further adding: “From what I hear, they taste like lemonade.”

Califlour was making a disgusted face at the drinks when a white haired, no color human with black metal arms walked up and didn't reach for a glass, but instead ripped off his own toe! "Now that is metal sir, if ever the term truly applied!" Califlour said in wonder.

"I hope I am not overstepping my bounds but I cannot see you not harming yourself Baron Quinn. My arms are metal, and my nervous system is built differently than you humans, I do not feel pain."

He then looked down to the Fire Daemon, placing his severed toe in his metal left hand he placed it down for Califlour to hop into if it so desired.

"We Daemons have to stick together my firey little friend, allow me to lend you a hand if that is alright with you. I am afraid my toe is all I can offer as a fuel source for the time being. Don't worry it will grow back, you could say I am an 'infinite fuel source' for you."

At these words Califlour's eyes sparkled, and not merely with some undigested vitriol! His mouth smoldered at the thought, releasing a fine steam that would smell of a barbeque just starting to pass the well done meat mark. Tiberius gave a chuckle.

Turning back he gave a crisp wavering salute to the bearer of the jacket that yet smoldered. "I shall leave you and save your arm for now oh Papa / Dr Quinn Medicine Man! Have no fear! Although if you don't mind if I take your coat that would be wonderful, save your flesh. . .I mean unless you wanna give it to me then by all means, you just have to agree to it."

Taking a couple arm swings he jumped to the hand and scooped up the toe, "Freshly dead. Nothing better except the living." He stated with a contented sigh as he popped it in his mouth, "Fresh baby, no worry of toe fungus. Fantastic sir!"

Tag: Mir, Tiberius, Atticus, Mr. Ke, Baron Quin, Morimoto, Atmora, & Nomuk

@Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @Darth_Elu @Narancia @spacelady @Ktala

spacelady, Shadowsun and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tiberius Trajan

Tiberius smiled gladly that his fellow Daemon decided to consume his toe. Although the fact he knew it would heal did raise some questions in his mind. Why did he have metal arms? If he could regrow limbs and body parts what was the need for synthetic arms?

A question to be answered when his memories returned, or at least that is what he suspected.

"I am glad you enjoy it and isn't that interesting... my toe smells quite good..."

He gave another chuckle, he could actually feel the heat through his arm which he found interesting. Not a pain as such, he just knew that it was hot.

Tiberius then went to take a drink from the cups, the cool, lemon-like substance rejuvenating his energies. He then looked down at his new comrade.

"I suppose you are not a fan of liquids like this, although you seem to be a particularly special fire, don't you? Would you like this drink my little friend?"

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @The Jedi in the Pumas @Darth_Elu @Narancia @spacelady @Ktala

Darth_Elu and spacelady like this.
  25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Amaya Trakand

Amaya considered the question for a few moments. How much could she share with the woman? Who could she trust? That was a difficult question. Trust is something that is very hard to gain and veeery easy to break.

She needed to find out the stakes first. If her hosts knew what she was doing, would they execute her? Or cast a spell on her and wipe her mind? There were a lot of things she needed to learn.

The problem was that a lot of it seemed to be beyond her ability to understand. Compared to this her world was fairly primitive and she did not possess any knowledge that could help her with understanding things here.

She needed help.

But who to approach? Her best bet was one of the other recruits or whatever they all were. She needed to spend time with each and see who potentially shared her concerns and the ones who had some technical knowledge or experience.

“I think I will go around, I want to know the place better.” she smiled at Jeannie “So, nowhere particular. Unless you could suggest somewhere interesting.”

Amaya noticed that another of the recruits came to. That was as good a start as any.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @HanSolo29

Darth_Elu, spacelady and HanSolo29 like this.