main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International & Ghost Hunters Academy- Not your Normal Paranormal

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't know what happened but I didn't get the last 3 hours. I think judging by the way Jason was looking around the first time that the wrestler was hanging with them that he wasn't too thrilled to have him tagging along also. I noticed they dumped him onto Steve pretty quickly after that.

I'm sorry but how professional is it to have a wrestler on an investigation?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah the Wrestler didn't add much other than have questions to create comversation to pass the quiet time with ([while climbing through an open wall] "I think there's asbestos in here..." [face_laugh] ).

Had to feel bad for the director though- trying to make a show where you have long stretches of people just sitting quietly in a dark room ;)

Other than the voices and sounds (and the one oddly coincidentally occuring orb/dust particle) they didn't seem to catch much other than a lot of cold spots.

Hopefully the reveal caught something, or something else happened after the live feed ended since they seemed to keep going.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You never know - there could be EVPs and all sorts of stuff. Just because it's Halloween doesn't necessarily mean the spirits will come out to play.

Last night's episode was funny.

Case 1)Victorian House in Gardner I cracked up over Steve freaking out because he thought he had a spider on him [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I loved that we saw that in the promos and was thinking - ooohhh what could that be about, oh it's just his freaking out over spiders. I think that they actually bleeped out his squealing sounds instead of curses. Steve, he's such a girly-man :p

Case 2) I loved Jason's comment about not having to worry about getting his hair tugged at the manor [face_laugh]

Overall those were 2 rather duds of cases, but they're not always going to find things. Can't wait for the Stanley reveal next week.

I wonder how Jason and Grant will feel if they learn that Brian actually touched Mrs. Stanley's piano?

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    There was a HUGE shadow floating over Jason and Grant when Jason asked Ms. Stanley if she was in the room.

Also, I could sware I heard piano playing when Dustin and Tango were in the ballroom, and it wasn't the TV show music.

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, I laughed at the wrestler tagging along too. Why exactly what he there again? Oh, to promote Sci-Fi's other show? Oh, but isn't that a wrestling show? But then why is it on Sci-Fi? 8-}

Remember what they said about shadows though. Their flashlights are shining at one another and that can produce a giant silhouette.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Odd revelation alert!

Jason & Grant have this dynamic that seemed very familiar to me, but I couldn't place until Wednesday night.

I had just gotten home from the grocery store, and put my stuff away including a box of Fruity Pebbles cereal. Then, watching the show a few minutes later it hit me... Fred & Barney! (With Jason as Fred & Grant as Barney).

Fred & Barney

Jason, Grant & The great Gazoo?

Does anyone else see this or am I eating too many sugary cereals?

7. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    All I have to say is thank the lord for Tivo, because there's no way I was stayin awake though that whole thing. I really hope they caught something cuz the Live ep whas a whole lot of nothing. Did anyone else feel at times that some of the ghost hunters were making a bigger deal out of unnessessary events? I kinda felt bad for them because they were live and there was nothing going on... I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. I really enjoyed seeing how they all interact though. And the wrestler, come on, why was he even there? They should do a live ep from the lighthouse where they caught the shadow, now that would be awesome.

D_M_S_L

8. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I tried to watch some of the Halloween episode off tivo the next day, but I finally gave up. Investigations may be more fun live, but on TV it was putting me to sleep. I have a greater appreciation for editing now. :p

9. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    The live episode was much better if you fast forwarded through the Lisa and Donna parts.

The reveal for the Stanley Hotel is tonight.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I can't wait to see if they got anything other than the creepy disjointed voices in the basement tunnels.

11. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Crap, I missed it. Was the reveal worth anything?

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well if you watched the first part of the live show you basically saw the main highlights. The main thing that they caught was that creepy little girls voice in the employee passageways. They also caught Steve and Tango hearing footsteps in the basement of the ballroom building.

No ghosts, nothing else really creepy.

NEXT WEEK LEAP CASTLE IN IRELAND!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I love in the previews that the whole team is immediately freaked out upon seeing the ruins of the castle "We're going there?" Brian, asks in a very squeaky voice. Hee hee!

And thank you Juke - I kept watching it thinking that Grant was Barney Rubble :p

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

"Watch me trick Jason out of his pebbles."

Sorry about that PLJ! ;)

Can't wait 'till next week. The castle should be fun. [face_good_luck]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I rewatched the preview for next week and just LOVE Brian freaking out over his first glimpse of the castle. The footage shows that all of them are rather uneasy being in there.

Elementals and demonic spirits aren't things that they run across very often so this will be REALLY interesting to watch.

[face_good_luck] [image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/jasonleap.jpg] [face_good_luck]

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So what did you all think? I knew immediately that shadow that Brian "saw" was his own big old fat head - LOL!

Leap Castle was definitely freaky though. The episode was great, I loved the guys being somewhat out of their element and were in awe of the old building.

Are the episodes coming back after Christmas? Do we know when the next round of episodes are returning? I can't wait to see more of their adventures in the British Isles!

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

I know! Even I (A man of very limited intelligence and common sense) knew that shadow was Brian's! Of course, Brian jumps, yelps and hollers if the temperature changes one degree.

I think it's neat to see them out of their element too. I love castles my self. Would have been nice if Steve & Donna could've gone with them though.

BTW, did the castle's owner look like Uncle Jessie (From The Duke's of Hazard, not Full house) to anyone else? I half expected him to do a hood slide across a Dodge Charger with a shamrock painted on the top :p.

17. X-Wing-Ace

X-Wing-Ace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2006
    I plan to become a ghost hunter.

18. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I am a recent addict of this show, I can't get enough of it!

Thought that the Ireland episode was great, really creepy and full of good stuff. Those EVPs freaked me out!

I think that the show will come back in January, if I am not mistaken. Saw that on the Sci Fi or the TAPS website somewhere....

19. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Did you guys see the Chris Elliot knock off of Ghosthunters? It was on Letterman the other night. Hilarious.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Ahh, I was wondering why it was a re-run last week (I figured that it was because of Thanksgiving).

I didn't see it, but Chris Elliot is great. Speaking of "Scary" his character made Scary movie 2 IMO.

21. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    So Grant, today on his MySpace account, posted a bulletin about the future of Ghost Hunters. They have seven more episodes shot for the year so far, they will air starting in January, and they will find out sometime in the next four months about shooting the next nine of the season, which would make up the 22 episode season. I am thinking that they will, I mean it is a hugely popular show for Sci Fi, right? I know they are wildly popular around here, but I live in Mass., and they are located in Warwick, RI, so the local factor is huge too.

22. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't know why Sci Fi doesn't just SAVE MONEY AND TIME, and shoot all the episodes at once and then split them up during the course of the year? Every other network seems to do it.

I hate the Sci Fi channel. They have good stuff on there, but never seem to know how to scheduale or promote it.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well there is the factor too that these are normal average working guys, they probably need to be able to commit themselves to actually WORKING for extending periods between shoots. Besides, having them wait until summer/spring for shooting episodes means the weather will be better and less possible complications from bad weather.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I think they should film them as they go about their day jobs for Roto-rooter... When the customer gets the bill, that would be scary!

Besides, have you ever read Harry Potter? Ghosts hang out in toilets too.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    *Snort* You're too funny Juke :p Then again bad, icky, nasty plumbing jobs are pretty scary also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.