main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International & Ghost Hunters Academy- Not your Normal Paranormal

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Any plummer who has ever worked on my father's toilet can confirm that! ;)

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Anyone know when this is returning from Hiatus?

3. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Well there is a marathon on Superbowl Sunday 2/4 from 9 am to 9 pm! Other than that, I am pretty sure I read on Grant's MySpace that it is set to come back with the last seven episodes of the season in June...Here is the link to that...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20763368

4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, not until June, eh? That's quite a gap.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably trying to make the gap between the season finale and the start of next season seem shorter, and give them time to film new episodes.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    And remember they DO work full time, so I'm sure that in order for A)Sci-Fi to get good TV they have to wait a while between gigs - you never know when a good one will come along to tape B) since they get a lot of time off from work to do their ghostbusting I'm sure that Jay and Grant need to actually work :p

Can't wait to see their other English/Irish haunt episodes though! I'm about ready to sit down and watch a marathon of these again - probably on Superbowl Sunday but I'll watch my own DVDs so I can blast through the commercials.

7. AnakinGirl05

Jun 1, 2005
    I am gonna tivo most of the marathon and watch them all again! I miss the show, I love it, it just has this awesome dynamic that nothing else has. I love Grant and Jason and their chemistry really makes it a wonderful thing to watch.

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I called Brian Harnois podcast show last week, and got to talk to him.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I totally forgot about the marathon yesterday. I want to pick up the DVDs. My sister just got us a 65" DLP HD tv, I'd love to watch the episodes particularly the one at the moon brewery on a huge screen. I wonder if I can catch even more than they do?

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I saw a good deal of the marathon and now I'm getting so psyched for the rest of the season.

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was busy watching the Super Bowl and totally missed it... I meant to record it :mad:.

12. AnakinGirl05

Jun 1, 2005
    I saw the lighthouse episode for the first time during the marathon, I had missed it in the regular season! Oh my!! That was some amazing stuff they caught....The other one I missed is the New Bedford Armory one, was that one any good? It looked like it would be. I really have to go and buy the DVDs.

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    There will be a Viewer's Choice Marathon on in a few weeks.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Cool, thanks for the heads up :D.

15. AnakinGirl05

Jun 1, 2005
    I keep checking my tivo!! Nothing yet though...I am so impatient!!

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    The marathon is on right now, is anyone else watching?

17. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, my wife and I just got finished watching the episode where they go to the lighthouse in Florida. That one might be my favorite so far.

18. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    bump

I heard somewhere that they're having a contest where they're hunting for a new team member for TAPS. Has anyone heard about this?

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Show is back from hiatus now, Wednesdays at 9:00 PM Sci-Fi... If you missed last Wednesday's episode I think it re-airs @ 8 before the new episode.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump! What was everyone's thoughts on Ghost Hunters International? It finished it's season (presumably) last month. Overall, I found it a little mixed.

The locations are great, though. But the new "lead guy", Rob, is kind of stiff when he has to go on script , lacks the naturalness of Grant and Jason, but he has a leadership quality that still works. However, having Brian and (the usually very effective Andy) keeps things interesting. I'm neutral on Donna- she doesn't bring that much to the team, IMO, but she doesn't detract from it either, and is capable when needed. Barry's a fun character with a good sense for things, but he gets scared and backs off just when he's onto something ("Oh, I think we found something, but the spirits are angry, we better get out of here.") which tends to hamper what he can accomplish. Shannon, however, is annoying, I find. Plus the way she dresses on an investigation is kinda ridiculous. Do we really want to give the impression of a latino snowbunny when we're climbing around Dracula's castle? ;)

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I loved the locations for Ghost Hunters International, it's shaping up to be a great show. I do like Rob, but of course he will never be Jason or Grant.

Did anyone catch the Ghost Hunters episode last Wednesday? Gettysburg was definitely a wonderful spot for an investigation.

22. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I did catch the last one. It was great! I love Jason and Grant. So funny! That picture moving would've made me take everything I own and run!!!!

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though it's stuff like that that frustrates me with the one-night format- when something like that happens, it should be grounds for staying an extra night. They have a hit TV show, I'm sure they can afford to take an extra day off from plumbing.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well the problem is that they don't charge for their services, so it's not like they're rolling in the dough from their clients.

They sell their DVDs and I get the impression that all of their money goes into upgrading their equipment and to cover travel expenses. They don't stay extra nights because both Grant and Jason have large families and hate being away from them for extended periods of time. Roto Rooter gives them all of the time off that they want because they couldn't ask for better, cheaper advertising for their services. The Sci-Fi channel isn't exactly lucrative either - so they do cases as they can and then ear mark places as possible locations to return to later down the road if the opportunity arises.

I really want them to be able to do more in Gettysburg including shooting old style on the battlefield.

Here's the remaining schedule for this season, then I think that GHI comes back afterwards.

5/28/08 (We.) 10:00 PM SCI FI (#4??-60) (Projected Date) (R)
    5/28/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#410-60) (Projected Date)
    4/30/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#409-60) LUNATIC ASYLUM
    4/23/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#408-60) SPIRITS OF THE OLD WEST
    4/16/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#407-60) GHOSTLY CONVERSATION
    4/9/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#406-60) WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE
    4/2/08 (We.) 9:00 PM SCI FI (#405-60) GHOSTLY BOUNTY HUNTER

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can understand the family aspect to things- but still, when so few investigations turn up highly credible evidence (ie: non-EVP/coldspots/bad feelings) like objects moving on video, it seems like they should make a special exception and look more into it. And I'm sure SFC has enough room in their budget for an extra day's stay and wages for them. It's not like this is the first season anymore- they're a big hit and SFC's top rated (or one of their top-rated) programs, the team memebrs need publicists, etc.

It would also go a long way to further legitimizing their operation tot hose who might question the limitations of the current methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.