main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Girls And Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by VadersShadow, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersShadow

VadersShadow Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    Are there any girls here?
    Cos every girl i ever been out with hates Star Wars, in fact i keep it a secret how much i like it.

Anyone else come across this?

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    There's plenty of girls who like SW... I'm one. :D

3. dark_armored_one

dark_armored_one Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2005
    Asking a girl if she is in to Star Wars is like asking a guy if he's in to Barbi. Sure they're out there, but rare. Before I got serious with my now wife, I had to make she was cool with my obsession. She was fine with it, but doesn't know a thing about Star Wars. Just do you self a favor and don't give off the impression to girls that you're a sci-fi geek, and you'll be go to go.

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Asking a girl if she is in to Star Wars is like asking a guy if he's in to Barbi

Not true there are plenty of girls that like SW however I would say veyr few guys like Barbie :p

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Damn right

shudders

6. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Asking a girl if she is in to Star Wars is like asking a guy if he's in to Barbi

Lmao! [face_laugh]

That's going to be my nomination for best quote in a thread at the next ffuk awards!

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yup
    Mainly for the humorous spelling mistake

:p

8. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I have tried talking to women about Star Wars, but they just look at me stupid. They even refuse to watch it, claiming that it will always lack the emotional depth and subtle genius of Bridget Jones......

I don't think I have ever known a single woman who has said she enjoyed or has even seen Star Wars.

I guess its the old saying, "Women are from Venus and men are from Yavin IV".

Edit: As an example of how bad it is, I was talking to a woman recently that i'm trying to get to go out with me and we got onto the subject of movies. I started talking about Star Wars etc and we came to the character of Yoda. Or Yogi as she called him....

This relationship is over even before it starts.

9. Lupin

Lupin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2004
    I know lots of girls who like SW :p

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Wow... you poor guys... I can say that there's PLENTY of girls who like SW, I think that at least 1/3 of all people here on the JC are girls, actually. In fanfic there's more... you'll be hard pressed to find a guy in that forum, lol!

Also, in my FanForce, there's a lot of girls. At the last few meetings we've been more girls than guys... I think you've just been a bit unlucky with the girls you meet. ;)

Although I must admit that among the people I know, almost all the guys have seen SW but not all the girls (although we're working on changing that!) :p

11. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Sure, plenty of women like star wars... just don't let them near your spoons [face_mischief]

12. dark_armored_one

Jan 15, 2005
    What can I say...I've been spoiled by spell chequer! Besides I never had the need to spell Barbie until then. 'preciate the nod for best thread!

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Sure there are us 'ladies' who love SW, just in the minority and as such should be treated with reverence and awe, but I'll settle for a pint.

14. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Should liking Star Wars be rewarded? It's just common sense!

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  16. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I like stra wars, not as passionatley as I used to but I can still hold my end of a conversation.

17. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Livi..... was that spelling mistake deliberate by any chance? [face_mischief] :p

18. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    my girlfriend actually thinks it's cool that like star wars! but then she's one of these people who like weird people, that's why we're so good together

19. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I like barbie...

20. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    ^ [face_laugh]

my girlfriend actually thinks it's cool that like star wars! but then she's one of these people who like weird people

She's sorted with you then Stuey!! :p

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Weirdness is goooood

22. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    *looks at above post*

&$£*&! Gave myself away!

23. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Sure there are us 'ladies' who love SW, just in the minority and as such should be treated with reverence and awe, but I'll settle for a pint.

[face_laugh]

*checks* I'm definately a girl and I LOVE Star Wars... rather a little too much I fear [face_blush]

24. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    *raises hand*

I'm a girl and I'm into Star Wars. We exist, I swear! My main group of friends are the lovely people of FFNSW, so of course they are going to like SW. I've never been put off liking something because it's 'for guys' or whatever. It doesn't bother me. And I tend to go for guys who are into SW, or are at least geeky, because I know that they understand that important side to me. I mean, I'm not as rabid for SW as I used to be, the prequels and the butchering of the originals has affected my enthusism, but I'm still a geek and don't think that'll change.

And Bridget Jones' is one of my favourite movies :p I happen to be listening to the soundtrack right now. You can like movies with Hugh Grant in them and still be a geek

25. dark_armored_one

Jan 15, 2005
    This whole girls liking SW is new to me. I, like many other guys reading this, was with SW from the beginning. I grew up with it. At that time there were no other "action figures". George Lucas revolutionized marketing for movies by allowing us kids to act out the events of the movies and create our own. You never would have found a girl playing SW with a group of boys. They were always braiding each others hair, playing house, or tea party, or some other kind of domesticated act...anything but playing SW! Honestly, however, looking back, it would have been cool to have a little geeky girl to play SW with - then I never would have had to play Princess Leia!

My therapist says I only need a few more years of treatment and I should be good as new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.