main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Godzilla!!! This is a thread about Godzilla.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Probably cause he did a good job on King Kong? That's what the post says!

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Agreed! That's what the posts says!

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ok, you missed my question (and its my fault)
    Why would you want another Americanized movie? Are foreign movies not good enough?

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That one was really enjoyable. I thought it was hilarious how that other monster didn't even get his name in the title. And I was genuinely impressed and amused all at the same time when it did that lunge, and Godzilla ducked under him, and slapped him with his tail.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i was always interested in seeing if there'd be a sequel to the 98 american godzilla movie. with that egg shown at the end. i would've liked to see some american takes on the godzilla monster enemies

6. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    An American version would have the budget for more spectacular special effects and crazy battles, a different take on the Godzilla story. Done incorrectly in 98, in my opinion, but doesn't mean somebody else couldn't do it right, like Peter Jackson. Take a look at the Kong vs T Rex fight. I thought it was pretty amazing and super entertaining. Some people thought it was over the top, but I thought it was great. Imagine a crazy fight like that between a properly designed CGI Godzilla and a King Ghidorah perhaps in the middle of a city? That'd be insane.

Thinking a new American attempt at Godzilla would be cool is not necessarily saying anything against the old Japanese films. I was a major fan of those, and I still think they're neat, but seeing a well done American film would be pretty interesting.

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Oh yeah, that's just what I want to see. A three and a half hour Godzilla fight where he ends up waxing philosophic about the danger of nuclear power.

I think just about anyone could do a Godzilla redux better then what we got in '98. The problem is that at least for the time being its a tainted property.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i will always enjoy watching the older godzilla movies. honestly i'm not sure if i'd want PJ to do a Godzilla movie. i wonder how he'd do it. if it'd be like the japanese version or american 98 version, or something else. i know my brother who is a huge godzilla fan wouldn't mind seeing a 3 hour godzilla movie

9. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Given that the first Godzilla movie I saw was Godzilla: 2000, I loved it and stil do.

10. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was a little kid. Godzilla vs. Biollante is my personal favorite Godzilla movie.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i know there are several box sets with a couple of the movies in them but are there any plans to release all of the current godzilla movies in one giant uber set? i know my brother would really like that. he's the biggest godzilla fan i know

12. digitalman2006

digitalman2006 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2006
    Hey vader, that movie you'er thinking of if you already know by now is godzilla's revenge. I love that scene to; it's funny as heck.

13. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    the two craziest godzilla movies ever made in my opinion would have to be is godzilla vs. monster zero and terror of mechagodzilla. who would ever thought of a 40ft. lizard dancing a irish jig.

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i haven't seen godzilla vs. monster zero but i've seen Terror of Mechagodzilla. i always liked Mechagodzilla

15. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    believe me when I say you will enjoy godzilla vs. monster zero. it has some funny moments like the one I mentioned about godzilla dancing a jig after he and rodan won the first battle against king ghidora on planet X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.