main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Seems like it'd be a spherical range type of thing. But we're talking 1970s FX. That might've been the height in computer graphics in that day. [face_laugh]

Sarge likes this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I know this is kind of after-the fact, but I happen to be reading "From a Certain Point of View" for ESB right now. In it there's a story specifically about how there are a lot of meteorites that are falling to the surface, and the officers in the Empire in charge of monitoring the probe droids were thankful for all the meteorites cos it masked the arrival of their probe droids. That, coupled with Reikaan's comment about not being able to spot incoming ships specifically cos of meteorites really says it all. I mean-let's not forget; Hoth IS right in the vicinity of a dense asteroid field, which is presumably where all those meteorites are coming from!

As to whether the one Luke specifically saw while talking to Han is a droid or not, I'm inclined to believe it was simply just a meteorite-cos generally the timeline in SW movies-especially the OT-is pretty much linear. Also, the story simply needed a reason for Luke not to head straight back to the base, thus leading to him getting attacked. HOWEVER, I do really think it would be a nice storytelling element if it WERE a droid, and his being attacked by the wampa prevented him from finding out that the Empire is coming WAY earlier! If those shots were recut to show Luke being attacked, and THEN the droid emerging from the crash, IMO that would be a really compelling element to include; the irony that Luke missed discovering the coming of the Empire by mere moments.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  3. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I’m sure it’s been asked before — probably by me — but what did the droid say to C-3PO in Cloud city. When he replied “how rude!”

i have an idea.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ee chuta!

LedReader, Alpha-Red and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    What @Sarge said. It's just a huttese curse. I don't think (or maybe hope) there's no direct translation. I'd love it if it meant something like "blue monkey" and was just considered rude when said that way.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    Sarge, BlackRanger and DarthHass like this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Personally, I never interpreted that as a curse, more like a "mind your business" type of thing.

7. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    To me, I think it was basically saying to the effect of: "**** off!"

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I interpret it as “up your chute.”

Sarge likes this.
  9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    What's the story with Dengar? I see these pictures of him on the Executor's bridge with the other bounty hunters, but it doesn't seem to be in the actual film. Are they deleted scenes?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 34X Wacky Wednesday/25x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    He's visible early on in the sequence, though a bit out of focus:

[​IMG]

Happy Sando likes this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, but he's barely visible. There clearly were more in-focus shots of Dengar, but they're just not in the final cut. How and when did we find out that this character existed?

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    We don't see Bossk either. I figured they were inserted as "random bounty hunter" and someone gave them a story later.

Padd likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Bossk is one of the few we do get a good look at - glowering at Piett after he remarks about how "we don't need that scum" before the camera focuses on Vader and his speech to them.

LedReader, Alpha-Red and Sarge like this.
  14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    During that same scene, true. I'm just saying the only bounty hunter we see thereafter in the movie was Fett.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    True. I'm told Dengar and Bossk are both visible on Jabba's sail barge momentarily in the next movie though.

16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Basically it's a torchbearer part. An extra. A named extra, to be sure. But still an extra. Then the actor can say, "I was in Star Wars!" And have it on his resume with a name instead of "bit part."

Last edited: May 19, 2024
  17. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    My guess would be a gradually coalescing combination of promotional set photographs, his inevitable action figure, and his later roles in EU material.

BlackRanger and Alpha-Red like this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He was pretty prominent in the Marvel SW comics long before the Bantam era.

19. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Canadian Jedi Master 75 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 19, 2023
    In Empire Strikes Back, does anyone know how long Luke was training with Yoda on Dagobah and how long the Empire was trying to find the Millennium Falcon?

From what I have seen it's something like 2 weeks, although that's because of the time moving slower on Dagobah, and no clear answer on how long the Millennium Falcon was being followed.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's a question that's been discussed here more than once. The short answer is that there is no answer. Your guess is as good as any.

21. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Don't know where they came from but the sandstorm scene wasn't cut because the dialogue was rubbish, they say virtually the same words but from a far shorter scene involving only Luke in his X-Wing and Leia and Han offscreen. GL was supposed to have dealt with shots requiring SFX, Marquand just wasn't experienced with that type of film making. Overall I think it's unfair as Marquand died long before they were interviewed.

23. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    I found it.
    Its from a documentary called icons unearthed : star wars.
    Its a six part series about the 6 star wars movies.

Sadly there no way to watch it in Germany which is a shame, since they have a lot of people of the OG crew there.

And yeah Richard Marquand gets **** on pretty hard, especially by Anthony Daniels.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024 at 11:43 AM
    Django Fett likes this.
  24. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Geez, what happened?