main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Grysks in future SW films or shows?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Durge27, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Durge27

Durge27 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 15, 2020
    Hi friends,

Sorry if this is not the right forum (moderators feel free to move threads to Literature or elsewhere).

Anyone who read the Thrawn trilogy by the brilliant Timothy Zahn knows that Grysks are to be taken very seriously by the people in SW galaxy - probably as seriously as the Vong from Legends.

So, do you guys believe that Zahn putting so much emphasis into those guys foreshadows them playing a major role in future shows or film? I for one would love that.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Jedi Knight88 and beetzello like this.
  2. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    I think so and agree with your sentiment.

Durge27 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I also agree and also think that they should be in the movies or on tv.

Durge27 likes this.
  4. I hope we see them in a future movie or tv show i think there is a lot of potential in them

5. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I was hoping that they were going to be in introduced in TROS since much of that film took place in the unknown regions. If even just in mentioning them or something in a conversation. IMO it could have been a cool way to finish the trilogy with a new enemy that future shows could have used. But alas, it never happened.

Maybe we'll still get something in the Ahsoka show since they are bringing Thrawn into it. The problem is that show will take place before the ST and I feel like they've written themselves into a box with its existence with there being not even a mention of the Grysk during any of the events of those movies. And if they write Thrawn to be out of character with how he was written in the new novels (i.e. if they make him the next mustache twirling Imperial baddy), it will further kill the possibility of the Grysk being used effectively.

So if I were to be completely honest, I think we'll never see the Grysk on screen. Disney has trouble following their own new canon IMO and I think the new Thrawn books are in their own little universe as far as Disney is concerned. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. Lucasfilm just doesn't seem to have a clear vision for the overall story as it seems they just do stuff and see what sticks with fan interest. It's made it hard to be a fan of the new content produced, at least for me anyway.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    Durge27 likes this.
  6. Durge27

Durge27 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 15, 2020
    You make a good point. The reality is that I am not sure why they made Thrawn into a baddy in the Rebels considering that Mr Zahn showed us how he’s more of an anti-hero type of a brilliant strategist so I hope they fix the Rebels portrayal in Ashoka.

Vezner and clone commander bossk like this.
  7. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Considering the mention of 3 (iirc) Grysk being enough to take over a planet, i still wonder if or how that would work. And if that's really true, would it also work on Coruscant?

Wonder how the Grysk would try to take over the planet if they tried it during the High Republic, the prequel era or during the dark times ( around the time of Andor).

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    With Ahsoka coming out soon, hopefully we'll know whether or not the Grysk will ever be used by the end of Season 1. If they don't even mention the Grysk, I imagine that will be final confirmation that Disney won't ever use them on screen.

9. I could not see the Grysks to Show up before the Disney ST Events or for the New Republic Era since in Disney ST it seems that the Galaxy had not seen a Threat as big as the First Order i think it would make more sense for the Grysks to appear until after Disney ST Era

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2023