main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ***Guardians of Light - Already Know you that which you need......***

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 3, 2022.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I appreciate that, Master, thank you. I also want to add that I've learned that patience can lead to some of the most rewarding experiences and gratification.

Sarge likes this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It can and being calm in stressful situations is almost essential. I have learned that one myself, calming ones self is an artform.

Patience is its own reward but as you live and grow, you learn that many of the good things in life are worth waiting for.

3. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Hm, seven years ago I was probably still pretty lonely, convinced that I was dumb and a horrible writer. Joining the boards and this jedi order gave me confidence and a sense of belonging that I didn’t really have most of the time. You guys struck a good balance of encouragement and challenge. (I still don’t like writing, but getting to do it a bit more creatively here was really fun, even if I still struggled getting words to a page.)
    And as to where I’m at now, I’m happy. I’m more at ease and secure in who I am than I used to be, and you know what, being here when I was here probably played a part in that.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    BookEx, you're a very good writer, much better than most people. Don't ever doubt that.

5. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Sarge, that warms my heart [:D]
    Writing has always been like pulling teeth for me, but being here made me want to do it more and keep at it. Didn’t always succeed, and I still feel bad about the times I left people hanging on a reply when their ideas were really cool, but when I did manage to put ideas out there, it was always SO very much worth it.

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Adalia-Durron and Dark Ferus like this.
  7. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Seven years ago would be about a year after the first Jurassic World movie came out (and before all my recent health issues, so it was definitely a better time) so I was probably just getting back into the Jurassic Park franchise. I first wanted to see Jurassic Park because of Jeff Goldblum (mostly because I first saw him in Independence Day and I loved him in that) but with the new trilogy made me prefer one of the islands; Isla Nublar. Don't really know what triggered it, but perhaps re watching the original just prior to going to see Jurassic World might have had something to do with it (the sequel Fallen Kingdom first got me interested in volcanoes, since I was so worried about what Mt. SIbo would do to the island that I started researching them, and still have an interest in them to this day. I'm also still looking to get into Volcanology, once all my health issues are a thing of the past). This was also before I got my PS4 (didn't get that for another year with the announcement of Jurassic World: Evolution), so I still had my PSP (I still wish the PotC games I was playing on it would get remastered for the PS4/PS5, since I kind of miss playing them, especially throwing enemies off the crow's nest of various pirate ships, since that was fun).

How does all this tie in to the life of a Jedi? I'd say patience, since although I still can't afford to upgrade my PS4 to a PS5, I can wait to play Jedi: Survivor, since maybe by the time I get it, all the bugs will be worked out of it, and I still haven't gotten through Fallen Order, so there's really no rush. As long as you're patient enough, you'll get there, the point is to never give up (no matter how hopeless it might seem, especially when things keep happening that might put your goals on hold for longer than you expected).

Seven years ago, I was also still a strawberry blonde. Not anymore. My hair darkened to medium brown shortly after coming back from chemo that lightens to a golden brown when exposed to the sunlight (it used to lighten to golden blonde with my old color). Only my eyebrows (which is the only thing I didn't lose other than my eyelashes) and body hair are the same color they've always been. I'm not sure if this was due to chemo or aging (perhaps a little bit of both), but unlike some other natural redheads after their hair starts losing its vibrancy, am in no hurry to get my former color back (too much work. If it ever goes gray, I'm blending it away with Natural Instincts in Medium Golden Brown, which is the closest to my current color).

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You shouldn't, you should see the dribble I post.....follow your heart.
    I am so loving this take on our lives and how you have learned something. Keep them coming as they are worth points to me!! Utterly loving it.
    @Force of Light - 2 points.

Taylor Neir likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I sense my former padawan @Iteote is nearby......

11. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    That’s funny, I don’t sense anything.

:p

12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    (keeps ears perked for missions or tasks, or for @SirCarrot )

Adalia-Durron and SirCarrot like this.
  13. SirCarrot

SirCarrot Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2022
    Heh, not dead yet. :D Apologies for my absence, master Ferus.

Adalia-Durron , Sarge and Dark Ferus like this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    No worries, my Padawan.

Your next task for 3 points-

tell me about a time in your life when you felt tempted by the dark side, and how you overcame it (in or out of character).

15. SirCarrot

Feb 13, 2022
    The dark side does not normally call to me, but a recent incident does come to mind. My little brother, 11, made of with some 100 $ of mine, which I didn’t notice until a month later [face_laugh], and spent it on video games. I was understandably ticked off, and almost slapped him, but I reined myself in, realizing that he has no concept of money as of yet, and is not completely to blame. Still annoyed, but what is done is done.

Dark Ferus likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Great example! Add 3 points.

Adalia-Durron and SirCarrot like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Make sure you tag me @Dark Ferus so I can add points ;)

Dark Ferus likes this.
  18. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    All good. I generally Check daily, but sometimes I miss things so it just gives me a heads up ;)

Dark Ferus likes this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @SirCarrot Since you are now less than 35 points away from Knighthood, I believe you are ready to take the trials. There are seven, worth 5 points each.

is that okay with @Adalia-Durron @Sarge @Ananta Chetan
    and the rest of the Jedi Council?

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Please, present your design of the trials to the Council @Dark Ferus. I believe we'd like to approve it.

22. SirCarrot

Feb 13, 2022
    Sound great, I shall do my best.

23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I believe, and the council has agreed, that it is time for @SirCarrot to take the Jedi Trials in order to be knighted. There are seven trials, @SirCarrot , and I will present them to you one by one.
    This is a crucial step, you should take a minute to feel proud of yourself for having made it this far on the difficult journey.

First is the Trial of Skill.
    Describe the seven forms of lightsaber combat, including the variations of V and VII (there is more than one variant for those two forms).

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    watches with interest.

Dark Ferus likes this.
  25. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016