main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween sucks

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Bah, RSVP was verbed long ago.

Even if it is an acronym.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    He needs to express himself clearly, then. He clarified he "wasn't being judgemental" after quite some time. Perhaps he was busy. Regardless, based on his original post, he proclaims the holiday "sucks" and is "demonic" and "pagan," which, in my opinion, is a pretty clear indictment of anyone who favors the holiday, unless you dig on those sorts of things.

He did not say, for instance, "fellow Christians: I'd like to call your attention to the coming holiday, Halloween, and its relation to many things, pagan and demonic. Be on watch and ask God for discernment on what is of Him and what is not. Here's a history lesson..."

And even when he DID clarify, it was complete doublespeak:

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, Decepticon, your issue is slightly different. You are responding, as a Christian, to a topic that was (evidently, anyway) addressed to Christians. That's reasonable. The multiple discomfited reactions from non-Christians were what I found strange. Also, even if one agrees that he was essentially being judgmental, that's not the same thing as being "hateful" as many people said. There are a wide range of faults in the human character. Not every one deserves to be called hatred.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    If the "non-Christian" you're referring to is Myke, you're wrong... he's actually very religious.

If you're taking about me, what I'm addressing is stuff like this:

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So wait a second...

All this time Arlon has been serious? He isn't joking with every post? I thought he was exercising typical YJCC sarcasm with every keystroke. :eek:

Is he some sort of self-righteous 14 year old, or is he an adult?

6. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Fair enough, though I would contend it wasn't addressed to Christians, except retroactively, and sloppily.

He even says he was trying to do as the JCers do and post a sarcastic topic in a sarcastic place. That's his defense for everyone getting upset with him.

Valyn: are you serious about not knowing he's serious?

:p