main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Well, if I was a guy, I'd drool over Leia in that bikini too.

Funny how she went from being covered up from throat to ankle in the previous two movies to being practically naked in the third. I guess Lucas got over his prudishness. In any case, it was a fanboy's dream come true -- to see what Leia was hiding under all those loose-fitting robes.

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Is there anyone that is NOT a fan of these characters????

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darth15

Darth15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    Is there anyone that is NOT a fan of these characters????

*cough*Briafans*cough*

;)

My favorite Han/Leia moments:

LEIA: Listen, I don't know who you are, or where you came from. But from now on, you do as I tell you, 'kay?
    HAN: Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight! I take orders from just one person: me!
    LEIA: It's a wonder you're still alive.

LEIA: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.
    HAN: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss!

LEIA: Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!
    HAN: Who's scruffy-looking?

LEIA: Let go, please!
    HAN: Don't get excited!
    LEIA: Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited.
    HAN: Sorry, sweetheart. I haven't got time for anything else.

LEIA: I happen to like nice men.
    HAN: I'm a nice man.
    LEIA: No you're not--
    [They kiss.]

LEIA: I love you.
    HAN: I know.

HAN: Who are you?
    LEIA: Someone who loves you.

4. SkywalkerChild

SkywalkerChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    Just wanted to chime in! As much as I love my dear Anakin & Padme, Han and Leia will always be the first couple of Star Wars. The look on Han's face as she walks away from them after their first kiss...*SIGHS*

Skywalker Child

5. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh, talk about heart-wrenching! I first saw ESB over the summer and cursed at the TV when she walked away. The look on Han's face... It was like he was afraid he'd scared her or something.

Then, when they carbonized Han, I honestly think I cried. I seriously had NO clue that they did that to him!! I knew all the "family relations" between Leia/Luke/Vader, but I never knew they FROZE poor Han. So when I got to watch ROTJ, I was so elated when Leia freed him, lol.

My favorite Han/Leia moments:
    Han: "Besides, we'll soon be gone."
    Leia: "And then you're as good as gone, aren't you?"

And, this sounds silly, but the scene in the ESB novelization that they have INSTEAD of the "good as gone" one is one of my favorite scenes. It's sooo cute!
    I think it's like...
    Leia: "What are you staring at?"
    Han: "Who's staring?"
    Leia: "You look silly."
    Han: "You look great." And then he pats the couch and asks her to come over... AWW..

And there's one great sentence in the ANH novelization when they're in the trash compactor.. It's like... "All the haughtiness was gone from the Princess' face..." I don't remember how the rest goes. But it explains that Leia and Han are stuck facing each other, and he HOLDS HER HAND. I thought that was positively adorable, lol. Anyway :D

6. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Yeah, the novelizations have some nice little moments that aren't in the movies.

7. starwarssisterleia

starwarssisterleia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2002
    I agree w/ Shelley.

8. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    *Pushes this thread up*

A bit belated, but I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday :D

Oh! Today, I was looking for a glass to pour myself some coke, but we didn't have any glasses in the cabinet or dishwasher. (I know, real interesting, right? LOL) Then I saw my mom putting some dirty Lord of the Rings glasses (the ones from Burger King they had awhile back) into the sink to clean later, and I asked her if we had any other 'special' cups like that, because I was pretty sure we did. So, she opened up the cabinet I never look in, and lo and behold--STAR WARS glasses! To be more precise, The Empire Strikes Back glasses... Four of 'em, just sitting there, collecting dust in our cabinet! They're from 1980, and they're from Burger King, I think... Such a shame we don't have the boxes they came in, though!

It was funny when my mom and I were looking at them, because she's completely Star Wars illiterate. She was handing the glasses to me and said: "This one has those guys on them," meaning Threepio and Artoo; "Uh, this one has, yeah, him," meaning Luke; "This one has that Lando guy, and those other people," meaning Lando, Leia, and Han (in their Bespin clothes! My fav cup); "And this one's got the bad guy," meaning, of course, Darth Vader (and Boba Fett and some 'troopers were on it.)

Ah, one more thing. Does anyone here read EU that much? I know somewhere it EU is an 'ify' subject to discuss here, but I'm going to Barnes and Noble this weekend, and I want to 'stock-up,' per se, on Star Wars novels. I've got to get The Last Command 'cause I just finished Dark Force Rising. Are there any *NON* NJO books (I refuse to get into that mess! *shakes head*) that have Han and Leia on the SAME side of the galaxy, for once? I've already read that waste of paper known as COPL, and I've also read The New Rebellion, which I loved. Anyway... Any suggestions?

Thanks... Happy Holidays and New Year... And sorry for the long post!

9. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Happy Holidays!!!

You may want to try the X-wings novels. They don't have Han/Leia but they are very well done. Shadow of the Empire is good. I have always liked Corellian Trilogy and the Black Fleet Crisis. (just skip the lando stuff and some of the luke is kinda boring but the Han/Leia stuff is good. I don't want to say anymore but I had a good cry.)

10. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
  11. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    I could have sworn I'd seen this message somewhere else but who cares!
    I love Han and Leia cos they've got the best chemistry and good looks I've ever seen in a film - they're just meant to be!
    Its not a sappy love story like in AOTC but its funny cos even when they r together they come out with lines like:
    Leia - I love you!
    Han - I know
    That has got to be the best bit of dialogue to sum up both of those characters. And the best scene, very sad.

12. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    The chemistry between them was wonderful!! I loved seeing them kiss for the first time!
    Han is incredibly attractive!! Leia was a great character! I certainly miss them interacting!

13. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
  14. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
  15. Et Cetera...

Et Cetera... Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2000
  16. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I think Princess Leia says very nice not no your not when they first kiss.

17. SkywalkerChild

SkywalkerChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2002
    Just watched ROTJ last night...you know, for all the fact that Harrison Ford didn't want to be there, I think the relationship came across beautifully. Leia has softened just enough to be in love, but is still strong enough to infiltrate a crime lord's lair and risk death.

Skywalker Child

18. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I agree, SC. Although their relationship develops in ESB, it's in ROTJ that we fully see the depth of their love for and devotion to each other.

19. starwarssisterani

starwarssisterani Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    i just watched ESB and i almost cried when Han got frozen into carbonite. I don't know why i did, but the look on his face was soo sad! Anyone else agree? (Leia's face was sad too!)

20. CavrilhuPirates

CavrilhuPirates Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2003
    Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.
    Stop that.
    Stop what?
    Stop that. My hands are dirty.
    My hands are dirty too, what are you afraid of?
    Afraid?
    You're trembling.
    I'm not trembling.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
    I happen to like nice men.
    I'm a nice man.
    No you're not, you're---SMOOCH!!!
    ---
    Ah...love that part! hehe
    Oh starwarssisterani, I know what you mean! :p

21. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I think it was appropriate that Han didn't see her in the bikini but wouldn't it have been funny if that was the first thing he saw after coming out of the hibernation sickness.

22. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
  23. starwarssisterani

starwarssisterani Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    Han and Leia were just meant for each other. That is my opinion.

24. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yep, they were meant to be.

And I just love them in the films. Even in ANH you could see the chemistry between them, despite Leia's bad hair and dress sense 8-}

25. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wow! It's been ages since I visited this thread.

Here, here, starwarssisterani, I'll drink to that. ;) They were destined to be together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.