main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Have you gotten the Covid vaccine yet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 12, 2021.

?

Have you gotten the Covid vaccine yet?

1. First dose

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Got 2 doses/J&J

63 vote(s)
    54.3%
  3. Nope not yet

24 vote(s)
    20.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Got both jabs of Moderna months ago.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Remember that flat Earther who thought the moon landing was fake? We’ve probably had anti-vaxxers.

3. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes, two shots of Pfizer. First shot no problems, second shot kinda sucked.
    Anecdotally I am hearing this as well, particularly for Pfizer. It seems to match with the Moderna and Pfizer study data because both had more reports of systemic side effects from the second shots.
    Moderna's data from the US emergency authorization:
    https://www.fda.gov/media/144434/download
    Pfizer's data from the US emergency authorization:
    https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That's just Punk being Punk.

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, the first shot only left me with a sore arm for about a day, the second one knocked me off my feet.

6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    not yet

I’m scheduled for my first shot on Thursday

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They can’t apparently not without redoing the poll. And they don’t want to it seems. It’s whatever. I just completely forgot to make it public.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I may forget, but I’ll never forgive this.

poor yorick likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean most of the people who have answered nope just probably aren’t eligible yet. Not them being anti vax. It’s definitely possible 1 or 2 of those are

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    My neighbor is antivax, I learned today. I asked her why, and she said the flu shot gave her the flu, once. Moron.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can’t stand anti vax people. It’s one thing to endanger your life. It’s another to in the process harm others

My Palpatine Eyes likes this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    It was worse than that, he believed the Sun revolved around the Earth.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, duh. If the Earth is flat, how’s it going to spin around the Sun? A flat Earth would have terrible aerodynamics in the Æther. And you could never get a rocket to the Moon through the crystalline Spheres of the Heavens. It all makes sense! Think about it!

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Record albums are flat and spin just fine. No problem spinning at all.

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    No, and because of significant delays, reports of vaccines being cached by some health authorities and not given out, and all round incompetence, it's now looking unlikely that I will be able to get the vaccine before mid-year.

The contrast with how Australia has handled the pandemic otherwise, is stark.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Someone's ignoring the aerodynamic profile of the firmament.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    69.6% vaccinated is pretty good we have reached the low end of herd immunity on the forum

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It would be nicer if it was 69.69%.

poor yorick and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah what's going on there? Besides the whole cock up with the AZ piece, we apparently have Pfizer stock on hand but don't know how much and what's going on with rollouts. Albo's been pretending to be relevant again in calling it a shambles, which is ironically the first word that springs to mind whenever I think of Albo. But otherwise is just seems to be a lot like the first presser Scotty from Marketing did when he was telling us to stay home, unless we can go to work in which case go to work, but stay home - confusing and not helpful.

CairnsTony likes this.
  20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    The excuse being trolleyed out by some authorities is that they were keeping stock back for the second dose. This has resulted in people due the vaccine being turned away, which when you actually have the vaccine in your stock, is a disgrace.

Secondly, it's apparent that even though Australia has ordered enough vaccine for everyone three times over or something, most of it hasn't been delivered, and there are clearly shortages in some areas. This has led to the initial excuse: the stockpiling.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is safe, even if a proven link with clots exists. The statistical likelihood of getting clots is less than one in half a million. Compare that with about one in a thousand for the birth pill. Either Australia's leading medical scientists don't understand 'statistically significant', or there has been more political interference than is healthy.

Worse still, it seems to me like Australia as a whole has become pretty complacent with Covid. There's no sense of urgency, and that's a worry. This isn't just about the lack of Covid; there are many longer term downsides to a slow rollout.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The curse of our success is that while we aren't at risk of dying of the thing, we can't go anywhere except New Zealand. And even that's risky if there's a flare up in Aus or NZ.

Australia's success is at the price of making us a bit North Korean. We need the jabs, not to save old people, but so that we can travel for business.

Pensivia, Rew and CairnsTony like this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Or, more likely, the culpability will sit with AZ and the Commonwealth for a blot clot related death or serious health issue, and they're not comfortable with that contingent liability.

23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    The fundamental problem with that line is that it would render the vast majority of licensed medications 'unsafe', and therefore unusable, due to rare instances of where medications most of us can take safely cause rare fatalities. Once a medication becomes licensed for use, it is because the evidence overwhelmingly supports its safe use. But because there are rare complications, it becomes a legal requirement to list them on the product. The burden is then placed on the consumer to make an informed choice; or where they lack the ability to make an informed choice, the obligation is on the administrator of the medication to make every reasonable effort to ensure they have some understanding, or their guardian/parent does. This goes with all medications.

I've given out thousands of jabs and other medications of every description over the years, many of which have far far higher fatality rates -clozapine, I'm looking at you. In those instances, various checks and balances are put in place to greatly enhance the safety of the medication. In the case of clozapine, regular blood tests, titrated doses and close monitoring in the first six hours, and so on.

GregMcP and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We're still vaccinating the 65+ population here (in fact, they just opened for 65+ last week; it was 70+ before that), and since we're low on vaccines it'll be a long time until I can get mine. Especially since I've already had the virus, and am therefore considered "immune" for another few months, I'm currently counted into the last group. Unless something drastically changes in our vaccine system, I doubt I'll get my shot(s) until late summer at the earliest.

25. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    I don’t think it’s just anti-vaxxers being stubborn. Some aren’t thrilled that this was so rushed out. There is a track record in history of drugs and things having negative consequences down the road. Not saying that’s going to happen here but the fact remains that we don’t really know. It’s "likely" safe. But nothing is guaranteed.

Id also argue that if enough people get the vaccine then you needn’t worry about the smaller percentage that didn’t. The best course of action is to get the vaccine for yourself and family. That’ll protect you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.