main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Haven't Met You Yet ~ V-day Roulette~ Mush-- Ben, Luke, OC's ~*~ Thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Feb 17, 2011.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: Haven't Met You Yet
    Author: mavjade
    Characters: Ben, Luke, OC's
    Genre: Mush
    Timeline: Starts when Ben is 25
    Notes: This is a response to the Valentine's Day Roulette challenge. I had never heard this song but it is a very good one and very inspiring. I chose number 16: Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Bublé. I didn't use the entire song, just parts of it and this story was actually inspired by the music video.

This has been done since before V-day but my beta?s been crazy busy and I finally just gave up on her. So this is un-beta?d? which is probably a bad idea. I?m very bad at spotting my own mistakes.

5/10/15 - Truncation fix

~*~*~

I'm not surprised, not everything lasts
    I've broken my heart so many times, I stopped keeping track
    Talk myself in, I talk myself out
    I get all worked up, then I let myself down

“So when am I going to meet Aara?” Luke asked as he sat down at a table on the top floor recreation room of the Jedi Temple. He had been told a great deal about his son’s girlfriend but he had yet to meet her.

Ben sat down across from him, slouching in the seat, “Well, um…”

Luke slowly took a drink of his water, waiting for his son to answer. Ben was an adult now but he still could turn into a petulant child when pushed for information he did not want to give.

Ben knew what his father was doing, waiting him out until he gave an answer. Ben knew better than to just sit there in silence —barring any emergency happening— his father could sit in silence, just waiting longer than anyone Ben had heard of or seen. He took a large drink of his caf and sighed, “You won’t.”

“Oh?” Luke asked with fake surprise evident in his voice. “Does she not want to meet me?”

Ben laughed at his father pretending to be dense. There were times he wished his father did not know so much about him. “I broke it off.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Ben. What happened?” Luke asked with a fake, almost joking question. He already knew what had happened, the same thing that happened time and time again.

“You can stop now, dad,” Ben said shaking his head. He knew his father was not like this with other beings, most everyone else thought Luke Skywalker was always serious but Ben usually got to see the man behind the Master. “It just wasn’t her.”

Luke grew serious, “How do you know if you don’t give someone time. I thought you liked her.”

“I do,” Ben was quick to state. “I do, she’s very sweet, beautiful, intelligent, a great girl, but she isn’t her.”

“Maybe it’s not the Force, Ben…”

“It is,” Ben said before his father could finish. They had this conversation often and Ben knew exactly where Luke was going with his line of thought. It was not a conversation Ben wanted to visit again. “I’m twenty five dad, I’m not a young padawan. I know the difference between a dream and the Force.”

Luke sighed. He knew Ben was an adult and could figure things out for himself, he just worried that his only child would spend his life alone looking for someone who didn’t exist. “I just don’t want you to miss out on love looking for someone else.”

Ben laughed, “This from the man who knew the love of his life for ten years before doing anything about it.”

I might have to wait, I'll never give up
    I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
    Wherever you are, whenever it's right
    You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

Ben awoke from his dream slightly confused. He looked around and realized he was in his sparse living quarters of the Jedi Temple. He was glad that now as a Master he had his own living space and did not have to worry about waking a roommate and embarrassing himself with his late night musings, often which were aloud. He sat on the side of the bed sighing loudly; the vision had been so real, he still was not sure it had not been.

Is this the Force?” He asked himself for what felt like the hundredth time. He often wondered —as his father did— if he actually knew the difference. Usually he would walk to the other side of his small apartment that he reserved for meditating and try to gain more answers from the Force but he knew it would be a futile effort as it always was, so he decided to make himself a snack instead.

He opened his refrigeration unit and proceeded to stare into it, hoping something would pique his interest. As he was looking with little results, his mind drifted back to his dream, or as he felt it was, a Force vision.

He was standing on a planet that was not immediately familiar; it could be any larger city on any number of planets. There were beings off all kinds walking around going about their daily activities, small transport vehicles raced past him eager to get to their destination. He knew he was in the city for a reason but the reason would not come to him. He began to walk around, looking for clues, something that would tell him what he should be doing. Surrounding him were tall, nondescript building, nothing that he recognized.​

As he continued to walk, he got a feeling; it was a wonderful feeling he had never felt before. It was a warm, happy, almost giddy feeling, but it was also the feeling of comfort and familiarity. He looked down the walkway to where the feeling was pulling him and saw her. She was walking toward him, her long blond hair swaying in the light warm breeze, a smile on her face lit up her eyes.​

She loved him, that much was clear, and he loved her. That was what the feeling had been, love.​

The ding of the refrigeration unit telling him it had been open to long brought Ben out of his revere. He knew this was the woman, that she was the one, but he did not have a clue who she was or even where he had been to see her. He knew he would have to wait and see what else the Force would tell him. Unfortunately, patients was not a trait he had inherited, much to his father chagrin.

And I know that we can be so amazing
    And being in your life is gonna change me
    And now I can see every single possibility

Ben sat at a table in a nice restaurant listening to a woman his cousin, Jaina insisted he take on a date. She had told him that this woman was perfect for him saying the woman had a good sense of humor and a fun personality. Even though Ben had declined many times, Jaina continued to pester him until he agreed to take the woman out, if only to get Jaina to leave him alone.

“Ben?” the woman said trying to get his attention.

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?” Ben asked.

The woman smiled, “You don’t really want to be here, do you?”

At this comment, Ben felt terrible, he could tell the woman was very nice and he could help but notice that she was beautiful, but she was not the woman of his dreams. “I’m very sorry…”

“You don’t need to be,” she interrupted him. “I’ll admit I only came here because Jaina insisted. I obviously have no problems with the Jedi, but I have little desire to date someone in such a dangerous profession.”

“Aren’t you a pilot?” Ben asked.

“I was, but I retired from flying a while ago. I’m not like most pilots, I did it because I was good at it, not because I loved it. I teach now, something I find much more appealing. I want to grow old with someone, not worry everyday if they will come home to me.”

Ben smiled, “That’s something I can understand.”

After their frank conversation, both of them enjoyed themselves much more and parted at the end of the night amicably. Ben felt the night had been a success; he got his cousin and the rest of his family off his back for a few weeks and gained a potential new friend.

And someday I know it'll all turn out
    And I'll work to work it out
    Promise you, kid, I'll give more than I get
    Than I get, than I get, than I get

Oh, you know it'll all turn out
    And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out
    And I promise you kid to give so much more than I get
    Yeah, I just haven't met you yet

“So…” Luke said with a questioning look.

“So what?” Ben asked even though he knew exactly what his father was trying to get him to say.

“So, how did the date go?”

Ben smiled, “What date?”

“You lied to Leia?” Luke asked with exacerbation.

“I didn’t lie exactly,” Ben defended himself. “If she inferred that I would go on a date and that so happened to get her off my back then none of that is my fault.”

Luke shook his head. He knew that everyone was putting pressure on his son, himself included but he couldn’t help but worry. Ben was avoiding going on dates not because he was not ready or not looking to find love, but because he was convinced he knew who the woman he wanted was, that he was seeing her in visions.

“Ben, this isn’t healthy. You need to live your life in the now, not waiting for someone you may never find.”

“I do live in the present,” Ben said. “She isn’t something I think about all of the time, it’s only you all that obsess about it. I know the future is always in motion, you’ve done bad impressions of Yoda my entire life.”

Luke could not help but laugh, it was probably true.

“I’m not unhappy,” Ben continued. “I enjoy my job, I have friends. I’m alright, dad.”

Luke could not help but smile. His son had turned into a well adjusted, smart and kind man. He often wondered if Mara would be proud of the parenting job he had done after she had passed, but in that moment he knew she would be. “Alright,” he said.

“Alright, as in?” Ben asked.

“Alright as in I’ll stop pushing. I can’t say the same for Aunt Leia or Jaina but I’ll try and get them to back off. If you want to wait for the woman of your dreams…”

“Visions,” Ben corrected.

“The woman of your visions,” Luke continued, “then that is what you should do.”

I just haven't met you yet
    Oh, promise you, kid
    To give so much more than I get

I said love, love, love, love
    Love, love, love, love
    I just haven't met you yet

It had been years since Ben had started having the visions of the woman he knew he would love and marry. The visions changed over time, the location, the way they saw each other, but her smile and his feelings never changed, if anything they were stronger.

He had stopped trying so hard to find her and to find the place where they would meet. He knew if the Force willed it, then it would happen when it was supposed to happen. Ben knew his father continued to worry about him but managed to keep it mostly to himself. The rest of his family still tried to set him up with people that they insisted he would love and Ben would on occasion go out with the woman to get his well meaning family off his back, but mostly, his life went on. He went on missions for the Jedi Council, he studied the ways of the old Order with father, he hung out with his friends, he help teach their ways to new and future Jedi and he did not give much thought to being single.

On this particular occasion he was on a mission the Order had sent him with his padawan. It was not a complicated mission, they were here on this particular planet to find out information and scout locations; something he was allowing his young apprentice to mostly do on his own. Ben was walking toward their assigned meeting place when it happened. A wonderful feeling came over him, it was a warm, happy, almost giddy feeling, but it was also the feeling of comfort and familiarity. He looked down the walkway to where the feeling was pulling him and saw her. She was walking toward him, her long blond hair swaying in the light warm breeze, a smile on her face lit up her eyes. He knew immediately this was her, this was the woman he had seen so many times but never met. He stopped to watch her, to see if anything was drawing her to him.

She continued to walk right by him, the smile still on her face. Ben debated on what to do, on whether he should follow her or just allow things to be as they were. As he was contemplating someone bumped into him.

“I’m sorry,” said the woman. “I obviously wasn’t paying attention, I passed right by where I was going.”

Ben looked up from where he picking the things she had dropped off of the pathway. “It’s no problem, I’ve…”

Ben found himself momentarily speechless. Standing above him was the woman of his visions. She had turned back around and walked back his direction and walked right into him. “I’ve done that before, a few times actually,” Ben said finally finding his voice. “Can I help you find your way?”

“Actually, I think this is the building I’m looking for,” she said inclining her head to the tall, nondescript building beside them.

Ben smiled, “This is where I’m going as well, I’m supposed to be meeting someone.”

“I am too,” said the woman. “Shall we go in together?”

“Sure,” Ben replied handing back the things the woman had dropped. As they walked in the door, Ben saw his padawan approach them.

“Master Ben,” his apprentice said, “I see you’ve met her already.”

Ben looked confused for a split second until it dawned on him that this was the woman his padawan had been speaking to, the woman so keen to help the Jedi on her home planet.

The woman held out her hand, her eyes sparkling with interest and confusion. “My name is Klaara, have we met before?”

Ben did not know if she had seen the same visions he had or if his face just looked familiar due to his famous family, but he found he really did not care. “I’m Ben Skywalker and I don’t believed I’ve met you yet.”

~fin

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Talk about destiny [face_love]

Lovely story!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great song, wonderful viggie. I do love destiny-type stuff.

My siggy is proof. :D :)

[face_love]

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Awww... and I love the song! I'm sure it will be a wonderful story when Ben tells Klaara about how he waited for her for so long. Awesome.

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Mav, this story was adorable. I love how Ben stuck to his guns and didn't give in to his family's pressuring, he seems the type that sticks to his convictions. Definitely a fun read!

6. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Gotta love fate.. :p

[face_love] This was very sweet! Cheered me right up.. Thanks![face_peace]:)

S_M

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sweet story! I'm glad Ben insisted on waiting for Klaara and I like the way things played out with the woman Jaina set him up with.

Also, interesting names...Klaara, Aara - not to be confused with Mara! :p :)

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww. I love this song. The guy who sings it is from the province I live in so it gets played a lot on the radio.

Anyway. The song perfectly fits the story. I love the Luke and Ben moments!

9. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    You've never heard Michael Buble! :eek:

Lol. It was a good story anyway. I enjoyed Ben a lot and you even made Luke tolerable!

10. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    [:D] I love the way Ben waited for the girl of his dreams...*coughs*...visions and never gave up on finding her.
    Aunt Leia and Jaina seem to be the matchmakers, with a little assisstance from Luke.
    =D= Good job, Ben.
    [:D] You too, Master. This was fun to read.

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?This from the man who knew the love of his life for ten years before doing anything about it.?
    Point one, Ben. :p

Aw, that was lovely!

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone!! [:D]

Hazel: Talk about destiny. Lovely story!
    When it's meant to be, it's meant to be! :) Thanks so much!
    Thank you for reading!

Jade_eyes: Great song, wonderful viggie. I do love destiny-type stuff.
    Thanks girl! I love destiny kind of stuff as well, contrary to what my muse usually wants to write! :p

Luna: Awww... and I love the song! I'm sure it will be a wonderful story when Ben tells Klaara about how he waited for her for so long. Awesome.
    I hadn't heard the song but I love it now! It would be a wonderful story ([face_thinking]) or a little creepy, one of the two! LOL!
    Thanks for reading!

DWH: Mav, this story was adorable. I love how Ben stuck to his guns and didn't give in to his family's pressuring, he seems the type that sticks to his convictions. Definitely a fun read!
    Thanks girl! [:D] I do see Ben, being the mixture of Luke and Mara that he is, being the stubborn type and sticking to whatever he thinks is right. But that family is pretty high pressure! It would be a lot of work, I think! 8-}

Sith_Mayo: Gotta love fate. This was very sweet! Cheered me right up.. Thanks!
    Oh yes, fate is a powerful force! (No pun intended... okay, maybe just a little bit! :p ) I'm glad it could cheer you up! [:D]
    Thanks so much for reading!!

Tarsier: Sweet story! I'm glad Ben insisted on waiting for Klaara and I like the way things played out with the woman Jaina set him up with.
    Thanks! I sometimes think people who are being set up are both there against their will (obviously not always) and it could be the start of an interesting friendship. :)

Also, interesting names...Klaara, Aara - not to be confused with Mara!
    Noticed that, did you! [face_whistling] LOL!

Briaanakin: Aww. I love this song. The guy who sings it is from the province I live in so it gets played a lot on the radio.
    I hadn't heard it until I got it as my prompt but I love it now! That's really cool that he's from where you live! :D

Anyway. The song perfectly fits the story. I love the Luke and Ben moments!
    Thanks so much! I'm a big fan of Luke and Ben moments so I like to write them as often as possible! Glad you enjoyed it!

Raphire: You've never heard Michael Buble!
    Oh, no... I've heard of him and heard some of his songs but I pretty much never listen to the radio, I don't like a lot of the music and I'd rather control what I'm listening to so I mostly listen to CD's or my iPod. I mostly listen to musicals. :)

Lol. It was a good story anyway. I enjoyed Ben a lot and you even made Luke tolerable!
    Thanks! Aww... you're too hard on poor Luke! :p I really enjoy the dynamic between the two so I write it whenever my muse allows!

Cade: I love the way Ben waited for the girl of his dreams...*coughs*...visions and never gave up on finding her.Aunt Leia and Jaina seem to be the matchmakers, with a little assisstance from Luke. Good job, Ben.
    It would be very difficult with the all of them ganging up against him. It's a testament to his character that they could not sway him! I thought it was important for Luke to eventually be on his side or it might have been impossible!

You too, Master. This was fun to read.
    Thanks, girl!! [:D] I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Fels: Point one, Ben.
    I figure if I were Ben in his position, I'd be bringing that up pretty often. :p Luke has no reason to pressure anyone on love! LOL!

Aw, that was lovely!
    Thank you! And thanks for reading!!

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Aw, this gave me chills....in a good way. [face_love] And sometimes, it's just like that: bing! He/she's The One.

Lovely vig, mav! [:D]

14. Paige

Paige Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2010
    great story

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, so sweet! He reminded me of Luke, how he had to wait so long to find The One. But it was worth it.[face_love]

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Finally, something good from the Force for Ben! I love how he knew she was out there and had to learn not to look for her. And I loved Luke in this, but that's hardly a newsflash, right? :D