main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Headstrong - AU - Xan/Quinlan/Qui/Obi/Dooku -Update Dec.17th!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Itachi-Uchiha, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    W-O-W!!!
    This was just so brilliant. I am so glad that Quin was indirectly able to help Xani.

2. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Oh. Wow.

That's about as much as I can say. How does one properly respond to such an intense scene? There's great power in your writing. Update soon.

3. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    World Gone Cold. I seem to remember that from somewhere... ;)

Very good. I can't even think of anything to quote. But I think my favorite part was

The sound of manic delight that colored Dooku?s voice sent a shiver through Xanatos? body, a loud scraping noise causing him to wince. Booted footsteps quickly approached from behind, his shoulders tensing as the Jedi Master leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Open your eyes and look upon the key to your future, Padawan."

Dooku is very creppy.

Great cliffhanger. Now you have to post more!

=D=

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved that the soul healer's words were able to help him fend off Bane's influence and Dooku's. Loved that Quin was also able to help him get beyond the darkness.

"What a waste of potential. To throw away the gift of learning from perhaps the greatest Sith Lord to ever live." He took a moment to glance around at the bleak ruins before returning his focus to Xanatos. "It seems fitting that I leave you here to die alone, your fate unknown since I will not be returning to the confines of the Temple."

Great job. Loved it.

5. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    *winces* Ooooh, poor Xani -- that's terrible, what the Dark Side did to him. What a great, intense scene: I sure hope Xan's going to be okay, though.

Bravo! =D=

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Excellent.=D=

Xanatos is stronger than Dooku he resisted the dark side
    Amazing chapter=D=

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh Xan, :( did you really think istening to Dooku's evil rantings were going to get you anywhere good?

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

WOW - that was intense!!

I'm glad to see Xanatos reject the darkside, and how sweet that it was little Quin who helped him do it.

It's a good thing Dooku isn't planning to return to the temple and I'm not at all surprised he's planning to strand Xani.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    :_|:_|:_|

He left Xan to die. Why did Xan have to be so stubborn and stupid? I am glad he at least resisted the darkness, but I hope someone is able to find him.

10. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    He might have left Xani to die but I am sure he passed his trails.
    Someone will
    feel the lost..maybe Master Jinn?

I wonder what the counsel will think when they find Xanatos abandoned
    in a Sith temple, and why did his Master bring him to this planet.

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I hope Qui-Gon's happy now! Not! :mad: Sorry, but if Qui-Gon had only stuck it out and tried to work out what had gone wrong between them then Xan wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm glad Xan remembered what the healer told him and went back to those meditations, only now it seems he has sent himself into some kind of coma in his attempt to escape the darkness. [face_worried]

He's being left here to die! :eek: Will someone, Quin maybe, feel his distress so they can rescue him?

Another wonderful, angst filled post! :D

12. Nimloth

Nimloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Well, at last Xanatos is realizing in what kind of dire straits he was walking into...

?Why continue to deny who you are? The dark side is strong in you, give in to it.?

"No," Xanatos whimpered as his hands lifted to pull at disheveled strands of sweat sodden hair. "Stop!"

Ghostly phantoms continued to tear at him, their poisonous fingers rummaging through his memories as they worked to wear him down by stripping away any traces of goodness. Xanatos felt tears wet upon his cheeks as each scene was revisited before being cruelly smashed by ghostly hands. The day Qui-Gon chose him, the pride he?d felt as they completed their first successful mission as a team, his first sexual experience with a fellow padawan when he was fourteen, Qui-Gon?s warm hand resting on his shoulder in a show of affection. Each torn away only to be replaced with an empty feeling of nothingness. The memories were still there, but any emotions he had about the people involved had been burned away by intense pain. He no longer cared, which was exactly what the Sith Lord wanted. It wasn?t until the youthful features of the Kiffar boy, Quinlan Vos, were brought to the surface that Xanatos reacted violently.

A guttural wail of refusal was ripped from his throat as he threw himself away from the holocron, scrambling backwards crab like until he was pressed against the far wall. Curled into a fetal position, violent shudders wracked his body as the dark forces continued to bludgeon his mind.

He´s able to reject the dark,fortunately, but I´ve got the feeling that Xan´s answer to the Sith is more an instinctive and emotional reaction than a freely and carefully weighted up decision. I´m not sure that´s a good thing, but I´m quite sure that I´m looking forward your nrxt update!=D=

13. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Aliceandjasper: This was just so brilliant. I am so glad that Quin was indirectly able to help Xani.

Thanks. :) Glad you enjoyed. Quin won?t be the only one in Xan?s corner.

DancesWithBlasters: There's great power in your writing. Update soon.
    Aw. [face_blush] Thanks! Sorry the update is so slow in coming.

Jturtle: Dooku is very creppy.

He always struck me as being a taco short of a combination platter.:p

Diane; Loved that the soul healer's words were able to help him fend off Bane's influence and Dooku's.

It?s a good thing Xan had Milcah in his life. Otherwise who knows what may have happened.[face_worried]

Star_foozle: Ooooh, poor Xani -- that's terrible, what the Dark Side did to him.

It may take him some time before he can bounce back from this.[face_frustrated]

Gkilkenny: Xanatos is stronger than Dooku he resisted the dark side

With a little bit of help from friends. Isn't that a song?[face_mischief]

Leona: Oh Xan, did you really think istening to Dooku's evil rantings were going to get you anywhere good?

It was a hard lesson to learn.[face_shame_on_you]

KELIA: It's a good thing Dooku isn't planning to return to the temple and I'm not at all surprised he's planning to strand Xani.

Dooku will do what all good Sith do. Go away and plot.:-B

Magier: Why did Xan have to be so stubborn and stupid?

Isn?t that the Xan we know and love?[face_love]

XANI: Someone will feel the lost..maybe Master Jinn?

Good guess.;)

Bek: Sorry, but if Qui-Gon had only stuck it out and tried to work out what had gone wrong between them then Xan wouldn't be in this mess.

Don?t count poor Qui out yet. He may earn his way back into your good graces. He did mine.:eek:

Nimloth: He´s able to reject the dark,fortunately, but I´ve got the feeling that Xan´s answer to the Sith is more an instinctive and emotional reaction than a freely and carefully weighted up decision.

Interesting, You?ve given me something to ponder. [face_thinking] Thanks!

So sorry it's been awhile since I updated. Real life has been a bear and then I was without power and cable for several days due to the ice storm that hit the midwest. If I don't update again before the holiday I wish you all a Merry Christmas! :)

Chapter Seventeen- Unbroken Bonds

?Master? Can I ask you something??

He paused at the tentative query and turned to find his young apprentice staring up at him, an intense look of concentration crinkling pale features. At fourteen standard years of age, the boy had been his apprentice for six years now and with each passing day he found himself growing more and more fond of his charge. Eager to learn, Xanatos drank up every lesson before begging for more, his thirst for knowledge unheard of in one so young. Qui-Gon secretly beamed with pride at his apprentice?s accomplishments although he was careful not to let it show.

?What it is, Padawan??

Large heavily lashed sapphire eyes briefly reflected the boy?s uncertainty. ?I was just wondering? Is it normal for all master and apprentice to be able to communicate without speaking? The way we do??

Qui-Gon didn?t respond at first, taking a few minutes to consider how best to answer his inquisitive charge. The strength of their bond was something that Qui-Gon still had trouble comprehending himself. He and his own mentor had never established one with anything near the same depth as the one he and Xanatos seemed to have. What was even more perplexing was the fact that it had sprung up almost instantaneously, with no real effort on either of their part.

Squatting down in order to bring himself on eye level with the youth, Qui-Gon rested his hand on a thin shoulder and met the keenly intelligent gaze. ?To be honest, Padawan, I have heard of only a few master and apprentice teams who have a connection as strong as ours. Most are able, with years of working together so close

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    At least Xan was able to get through to Qui-Gon if only for a moment. It may be the thing that saves him if anything can.

The connection was cut before he could respond. Sitting back in the chair, Qui-Gon ran a hand over his face as he tried to prepare himself for what was ahead. He had failed Xanatos in the past and was determined not to do so again. Immersing himself in the Force, he sent a comforting pulse through the dormant bond. Even though the odds were against them, he prayed that it would reach Xanatos.

{ I?m coming, Xan. Hang on.}

It must have just about killed him to have Xan turn on him on Telos, especially if their connection was so close.

Great job. Love this story.

15. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    ?And yet he was able to call out to you for help. That tells me that neither of you were able or willing to completely sever your connection.? Her eyes reflected both kind understanding and determination as she sat closer to the screen. ?You may be his only hope, Qui-Gon.?

Very nice. I really enjoyed the flashback to Xan and Qui's past.

=D=

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm so glad Qui-Gon is willing to reach out through their bond, despite his hurt, and comfort Xanatos.

Xani needs him desperately and Qui would never have forgiven himself if he just ignored his dream.

I hope he gets there in time

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    That had to shock Qui-Gon to still sense something through that bond. I am glad he is willing to try to find Xan. I hope he hurries.

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Excellent post.=D=

{ I?m coming, Xan. Hang on.} [face_worried]

At least Qui-Gon has not written Xanatos off[face_dancing]

19. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    Nice chapter. Now if only Xan and Qui-Gon wouldn´t have been sooooooooooooo stubborn...
    (and I fear they won´t quit being their annoying selves :) )

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I loved the glimpse of the past with Qui-Gon and Xanatos and I can't help but agree with what Diane said. :(

{ I?m coming, Xan. Hang on.} [face_love] [face_love]

21. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    The counsel feels that Xan is part of the dark side. Show what they know with
    dooku being so dark for so many years.

I know that Qui Gon will save Xan, but what will happen in between is the problem to face at this point.
    I hope that xan does not run into any more conflicts.

the question now is will the counsel trust xan again. will he be able to continue at the temple as a
    jedi in good standing or always looking to make sure
    that he is found acting like the perfect jedi.

22. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The connection was cut before he could respond. Sitting back in the chair, Qui-Gon ran a hand over his face as he tried to prepare himself for what was ahead. He had failed Xanatos in the past and was determined not to do so again. Immersing himself in the Force, he sent a comforting pulse through the dormant bond. Even though the odds were against them, he prayed that it would reach Xanatos.

Okay, I guess he's forgiven. :p

I hope Qui-Gon keeps to the promise he made himself and doesn't mess up this second chance he's been given to make things right. [face_praying]

23. Nimloth

Nimloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    ?Xanatos told me that the two of you shared a very strong bond.? A pained expression flooded his regale features as he anticipated her next words. ?You are probably the only person who can reach him, wherever he may be. If you meditate and reach out to him through that bond...?

?I can?t.? Qui-Gon?s voice was hoarse as he shook his head. ?I closed the bond the day I walked away from him.?

?And yet he was able to call out to you for help. That tells me that neither of you were able or willing to completely sever your connection.? Her eyes reflected both kind understanding and determination as she sat closer to the screen. ?You may be his only hope, Qui-Gon.?

So, all of us, expectant readers, can also hope that Qui-Gon and Xanatos will be able to heal their bond in extremis? Or things are going to be harder yet before getting better?

Well done!=D=

24. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Diane: It must have just about killed him to have Xan turn on him on Telos, especially if their connection was so close.

I?ve come to that realization over the years. Lord knows it about killed me to acknowledge how Xan?s betrayal must have affected Jinn. :p Once I did, writing Qui-Gon became much easier although I still struggle with him.

Jturtle: Very nice. I really enjoyed the flashback to Xan and Qui's past.

Good. Because you get another little glimpse in this post.;)

KELIA: I'm so glad Qui-Gon is willing to reach out through their bond, despite his hurt, and comfort Xanatos.

Luckily for Xan, his former master listens to what the Force tells him.[face_praying]

Magier: That had to shock Qui-Gon to still sense something through that bond.

I?m sure. :( He was certain it had been severed after Telos.

Gkilkenny: At least Qui-Gon has not written Xanatos off

I?m sure a part of him wishes he?d been able to. We all know Xan can be a trial.[face_shame_on_you]

Aliceandjasper: Now if only Xan and Qui-Gon wouldn´t have been sooooooooooooo stubborn...
    (and I fear they won´t quit being their annoying selves

Heavens no! What would be the fun of that.[face_thinking]

Leona: I loved the glimpse of the past with Qui-Gon and Xanatos and I can't help but agree with what Diane said.

Thanks.:)

XANI: the question now is will the counsel trust xan again. will he be able to continue at the temple as a
    jedi in good standing or always looking to make sure
    that he is found acting like the perfect jedi.

Good questions. [face_batting] You?ve touched on a lot of problems that face Xan if he manages to be saved.

Bek: I hope Qui-Gon keeps to the promise he made himself and doesn't mess up this second chance he's been given to make things right.

Old Jinn can be stubborn as well.[face_worried]

Nimloth: So, all of us, expectant readers, can also hope that Qui-Gon and Xanatos will be able to heal their bond in extremis? Or things are going to be harder yet before getting better?

Ummmm? Yes? [face_mischief]

Chapter Eighteen- Delivered From Evil

Another cold blast of wind howled through the ruins, pelting the figure who remained huddled against a crumbling wall with a spray of dust and grit. His ability to react had long ago diminished, winces and shudders of pain and discomfort far beyond him at this point. Once black clothes were now coated in a thick layer of grime, pale skin appearing nearly brown from the dirt that clung to him.

Minutes had bled into hours and then days, until time ceased to hold any meaning for him. A part of his mind understood that he was slowing dying, alone and unloved just as many had predicted. A just punishment for one who had hurt the person closest to him. Calm acceptance that he deserved this dismal fate had sapped him of any will to live. The voices only helped to corrode his spirit until he was nothing more than an empty shell.

{No one is coming to save you. The Jedi have turned their backs on you.}

{Tainted. They know that your blood flows with the dark side.}

{Your only hope is to accept the gift we offer you.}

{Your anger and hate can be your salvation. Give you new life.}

Acting without conscious thought his hands pressed against his ears in a vain attempt to shut out the ghostly whispers. It was a futile gesture for the voices had already wormed their way inside his head and heart where they were slowly taking root. It was impossible to decipher whether the frigid chill that permeated him was a result of the climate, or the slow decay of his spirit and mind.

Ebony eyelashes now appeared white from the fine coating of filth as they fell shut. A low keening sound was torn from his throat and gradually intermingled with the voices as he withdrew even further inside himself, his feverish mind blurring the line between the past and present.

?Xanatos! You will be strong and not give up.?

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    It's a good thing that Qui-Gon was following his instincts. Xan didn't sound like he'd last much longer there. Loved the flashback!

It was wishful thinking to imagine that Qui-Gon would care what happened to him now and rush to his rescue as he had so many times in the past. But the dream gave him something to hold onto. Body relaxing, he shut his eyes and allowed the deep ghostly strains of his mentor?s voice to lull him into a meditative state where the pain was at least manageable. It also served a greater purpose by drowning out those of the dark specters that taunted him.

I?m coming, Xan. Hang on.

For a moment he even allowed himself to believe those words had been more than just a memory of the past.

It's not wishful thinking, Xan. He's coming!

Great job. Now they have to deal with why Xan was there and what happened to Dooku!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.