main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jade Kenobi, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    Hello everyone! I joined a few months ago but never got around to actually poking around or posting! :)
    So, my name is Hannah (you're welcome to call me Jade or anything off my screenname too though, I don't really have a preference ;P)

I've been a Star Wars fan for over half of my life now - which is over a decade but I'm not saying the exact number. [face_laugh] My early to mid teen years were spent as a rather lonely kid who spent pretty much all of her time reading every EU novel my library had a copy of, and annoying everyone in my life (other than my extremely supportive and lovely nerdy family) with every fact about Star Wars or the EU that I could pull out of my hat. :p I pulled out of the fandom for a few years do to a lot of toxicity and feeling generally unwelcome, but I'm starting to get back into it recently because darn it, I am just as valid a fan as anyone else and I'm not going to let anyone tell me otherwise anymore! :p

That's probably enough ancient history for now (I'm afraid I'm a bit of a rambler... yike) I'm really terrible and trying to figure out what to put in these sort of things. :p
    My Star Wars preferences are mainly pre-Disney, though I do love Rogue One, and Solo was a fun ride. ^^ (and absolutely no judgement towards everyone who loves the ST, I wish I could too!)
    My favourite characters are Mara Jade Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa-Solo, Siri Tachi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and too many more, honestly. [face_laugh] Favourite OT film is Return of the Jedi, favourite PT film is Revenge of the Sith, and favourite DU film is Rogue One.
    My favourite era would probably be pre-Republic or Old Republic, though the one I am most knowledgeable about is Rebellion to New Republic. Favourite Star Wars authors are Timothy Zahn and Jude Watson. If I could live anywhere in the Galaxy, I would probably choose either Naboo, Alderaan (pre-destruction... [face_laugh]) or Yavin 4. (Yes, I want to be a Jedi :p) And I very desperately want a varactyl as a pet/friend. :_|:_|

A bit of non-Star Wars about me (assuming that's okay? I can delete if needed!)... I'm an avid reader, writer/author, cosplayer (no SW yet but soon??), crafter, drinker of copious amounts of tea, amateur scholar of fairy and folk tales, Hufflepuff, and a tired stressed out woman just trying to find her way in the galaxy. :p

I'm REALLY excited to be here, and look forward to meeting you all! <3

MTFBYU!

~ Hannah/Jade

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Welcome to JCF @Jade Kenobi ! We can all identify with many of the things you've said -- like bugging people about SW facts! I spend most of my time in the EU areas. I hope to see you!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome Jade! That's a lot to digest, but I know you'll like it here. Let us know how we can help!

4. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    Thank you, Tython!
    I will probably be spending most of my time there as well, so I'm sure I will!

Thank you, Darth!
    And oops, yeah, like I said, I'm a bit on the rambly side, haha! Thank you so much, I definitely will!

5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Oh, we get "rambly." A lot of us are. As the Who says, Ramble On!

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We LOVE people who love to ramble! ! We all do it!! Also I personally LOVE people who love the EU Legends, as it's where my heart lies. You are so welcome @Jade Kenobi and we all look forward to getting to know you better!

As a Jedi Master in the Expanded Universe boards here, this has caught my attention! I have trained many a Padawan here. ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  7. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Welcome @Jade Kenobi!!!! Love your username :D
    Hoping to see your name around the EU boards, and like Addie said, the Guardians Of Light there would be great if you wish to become a Jedi! Again, welcome!! [face_party][face_party]

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :)

Please let us know if we can help you find your way around.

9. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] You sound so much like me, lol! Love the whole introduction, and the great amount of emojis :D (a lot of people on here know that that's one of my weaknesses... [face_blush]) I think I can relate with everything you said... except for maybe the tea?? :p (oh, and I've only been a Star Wars fan for a little over a year now, but yeah ;)) What kind of stuff do you write?

Oh, and yeah, welcome!!! I hope you'll have a great time here [face_party]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    JADE! WELCOME! You had me at Mara Jade Skywalker and Luke Skywalker and Tim Zahn. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] L/M RULE! And as for Thrawn :) [face_sigh] Welcome to the JCF & you are more than welcome to peruse the fanfiction side and lurk, read, and post your own stuff! [face_batting]

@};-
    [face_party] And like ThisIsMe [face_laugh] I love emojies! [face_mischief]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Jade to the JCF! :D

Jade Kenobi and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forum @Jade Kenobi I hope you like it here as much as I have!

Jade Kenobi likes this.
  13. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @Jade Kenobi and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here and I am glad to meet another EU fan too :D

14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    A little over a year? (Looks back at how far away 1977 is... 8-}) Time for the Geriatric Ward.

15. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    What? I'm so confused lol :p

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshyZ like this.
  16. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    Thank you Adalia!
    Ooh, neat! I should check out that out...

Thank you, for the welcome and the name love! :3

Thank you!

Aha, I have a weakness for emojis, yeah. XD I think part of it is because I can have a really dry humour voice and heavy sarcasm, and I'm always afraid that what I say isn't going to come across the way I want it to, so I use emojis to make me intent more clear? idk [face_laugh]
    And yeah, that's fine on tea, it's not for everyone. [face_laugh] I didn't used to like it and then one day wow it's the only thing I drink... [face_laugh]
    I write novels, mainly fantasy and retellings (of fairy and folk tales, legends, classics... you name it, I've probably got a retelling idea for it... [face_laugh]), but I've dabbled in writing original fairy tales, too. Fairy and folktales and the study of folklore is one of my biggest passions.
    I used to write a ton of fanfiction back in the day too, and I've been poking around at it again lately, so I might start reading/writing it again. ^^

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to seeing you around!

Thank you! And yessssssss more shippers of my OTP! [face_love][face_laugh] I will definitely check out the fanfiction side (are you telling me to "come to the fanfiction side"? Do you have cookies? :vader:[face_laugh]) I haven't written any Star Wars fic in agesss but I've been feeling more inspired lately...

Thank you!

Thank you! Yes, I think I'm gonna like it here. :)

Thank you! Yay EU fans! :D

17. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Wow, sounds cool!!! Lol I mainly write fanfiction at this point but I do play around with fairy tale-type things every now and then and I do love it :p

18. KayloRen

KayloRen Jedi Padawan

Dec 12, 2018
    Hi also new, also a Hufflepuff!

:)

19. Jade Kenobi

Jade Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2018
    Aw thank you! ^^ Fanfiction is awesome. :D And yesss, fairy tales. <3

Yay Hufflepuff!! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.