main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Aznak Dum, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aznak Dum

Aznak Dum Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2021
    Hello! I am Aznak Dum, 26-year old Star Wars fan from Finland. Ever since the early noughts and shoddy VHS-tapes that we watched from front to back with my little brother I have wanted to immerse myself in this make-believe galaxy and it’s inhabitants. For me Star Wars has been comforting, assuring, more of a lifestyle than just another franchise. Other hobbies I have are films, TTRPG’s, basketball and good food. I work as a community worker and live with my spouse in a city called Tampere. When I was a little kid I used to come occasionally here to read stuff. Imagine that, I was 8 years old when this site was opened! I’m hoping to meet other Star Wars fans across the world and perhaps get social contacts and friends this way. I am non-binary and non-neurotypical.

2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Welcome, the forum is a wide and varied place. I'm sure that you will find many things, from discussions to roleplaying stories that people here write with each other, to interest you. If you need any help with anything, all you need do is ask, I'm sure you'll hear that from others too, it's a good community here.

Aznak Dum likes this.
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Meet other Star Wars fans? Here??? Psh. Good luck with that!

Oh, wait... I'm a Sith. Right. Welcome!

We have many people here of all walks of life. I'm sure you'll find others like you. Is there anything we can help you find?

darthbernael likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I’m glad you’ve joined and I hope you’ll hang around. :) Things have changed over the years, so please don’t hesitate to come here for help if you need it.

5. Aznak Dum

Aznak Dum Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2021
    Yes, I was wondering about those social clubs and how one can apply to them? That whole concept is a bit new to me.

darthbernael likes this.
  6. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Do you mean the Jedi or the Sith groups, or in other areas of the forum? I just want to be sure before I answer that one because I do not want to give you the wrong information.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Aznak Dum

Aznak Dum Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2021
    Both in fact!

darthbernael likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, I'm the 'to be sure' person. You can interact with members from both groups here in the Welcome forums, both groups have social welcome threads. When you decide where you want to be, you can ask in that thread and the members there will guide you from there. Note, you can't be in both groups, you have to choose one or the other ;)

Jedi Enclave
    Sith Academy

Choose wisely ;) :p

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    I referred your question to a friend, who I'm sure can answer it fully. She's a Mod, and a great person, even if she's a bloody Jedi...:D

And there she is.

DarthIshyZ and Adalia-Durron like this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bloody Jedi huh? Jedi Master........get it right Sith Boy......... :p

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Should be the grandmaster but someone is too polite and won't nominate herself for the position. :D

@Aznak Dum, when you read through the Sith or Jedi social groups, half the time we're In Character, half not. It depends, often, if we're assigning or discussing tasks padawans/apprentices are doing, or things in stories we're involved in. So if you see, say, a Sith lord being 'mean' to a peon or apprentice it's definitely not personal, but just part of the in character stuff.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    The other social threads like the Cloud City Cantina, Blue Moon Cantina and the Rethink Your Life Cantina are all open. Just go in and say hello.
    Perhaps you didn't notice Darth Maul in his Avatar. Methinks he already has, you Bloody Jedi.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Perhaps you didn't read his request, you bloody Sith!! Sheesh!!!:rolleyes: :p

14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    And perhaps you didn't recognize that I was being polite by not assuming.

Besides I agreed with you afterward, sheesh...

Shakes his head at the impolite Jedi. [face_rofl]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hey! Another neuro-diverse! Welcome!

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    SMH at the children fighting over you @Aznak Dum They forget the Sith are by far superior.
    :p

17. Aznak Dum

Aznak Dum Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2021
    My allegiance is with the sith, dark side is my ally!

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    *does a happy dance*

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Late to the Party, but Welcome.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the forums!

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am a bit late but welcome

darthbernael likes this.
  22. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome! I too remember watching my VHS tapes of Star Wars till the tape needed to be fixed due to wear and use. I am glad you found JCF, and from Finland! How neat! Even more unique is you were reading this forum from its Genesis days!

Once more, welcome to the forums!

darthbernael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.