main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    That one totally threw me off guard.

Who first said that Cham was Hera's uncle again? Because until it's revealed in a later episode or Dark Lords of the Sith, I foresee arguments over whether Pablo or whoever said "uncle" was right.

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Someone from Del Rey I believe said it at Comicon. Star Wars twitter account confirmed that was mistaken, and that Pablo gave the official Story Group answer.

HayaMika likes this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    While overall, I've generally been disappointed in the show, Hera keeps me watching. I'm really enjoying her character. I've been very happy with how they have developed her, and how almost every episode, we get a little more in-depth with her. I like how even though it pained her personally, she was willing to leave Kanan behind for the greater good. Smart, witty, level headed, and even though she has strong feelings and emotions towards the crew, she's not emotional and gets the job done.

4. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    I like Hera because she's one of the less irritating characters on the ghost. Ezra being the most irritating, though that could change as his character matures. Sabine just seems out of place, being a mandalorian, I think she stands out too much from the rest of the crew. I don't mind her character, but they could have left her character as an imperial drop out and given her a more utilitarian or slicer role.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hera better have a sister otherwise they'll be serious questions why Cham had a different little twilek girl hanging around him in TCW.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Twi'lek skin tone changes color over time as they age.

Behold the power of the almighty ret-con!!! :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    So Hera is Michael Jackson:p

Vorax likes this.
  8. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I saw something on Facebook that said that in A New Dawn it was said that Cham was Hera's uncle. I listened to the audio of AND, but don't remember that tidbit. Based on above comments, the AND reference was not in the book. I hope that to be true, because if it was stated as such in AND and then Pablo said he is her father, then we'd already have a continuity conflict in the NEU.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't remember Cham being mentioned in AND but that book is good enough that I might re-read it.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that we know she is his daughter that means she appeared in the clone wars.

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    There was this post on Tumblr, and I'll put it in spoiler tags along with the image.

Link to the page and their comments.

http://flowers-for-the-devil.tumblr...oughs-loudly-so-as-near-as-i-can-tell-this-is

The Image. Look in the background where Cham is with that little Twi'lek.

[​IMG]

Anyway, all credit goes to them for finding it.

It could be a boy, but at the same time Hera could have hated dresses too. And they appear to be playing with a ship. It is still interesting to think about.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Top level foreshadowing. Putting child Hera in before they even knew Rebels was going to be a thing.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015

I have actually replied to this on tumblr about how that kid in the background is most likely not Hera and that this family isn't Cham's family. Here's the copy/paste from my reply:

from here: http://hayamika.tumblr.com/post/111925012044/flowers-for-the-devil-hayamika-spectre-two

Thats my thoughts on the matter, but I'm totally open for counter-argument.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, that's true.

1. I really wish we could get a clearer image of the child. As I said, Hera could have hated dresses and preferred to wear more comfortable clothing.

2. Maybe she didn't like those either as a child.

Hm. That's true. But if they were planning characters for Rebels for a long time, and they figured that people would go and watch the episodes from before once Hera was released as a character ( With her last name being Syndulla) then they might have changed the outfits and everything to deter people away and make us think the child Cham was holding was his only daughter. That way when they revealed Cham was Hera's father; it would be a surprise.

15. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Wow I didnt pay much attention to Cham in TCW....now I have to go back and rewatch, I wonder how this bomb makes "the galaxy is shrinking" crowd feel. Hera is Chams daughter. Another connection to TCW.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  16. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure this green Twi'lek girl dropping eaves on Cham and Mace in Liberty on Ryloth is Hera.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh good catch. :D

It does sort of look like her. (I'll go back and watch the episode again though. )

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hera doesn't wear dressed now. So it wouldn't be that hard to buy that she might not have work them as a child either. She seems like a rather practical person overall.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Wonder if Hera will ever speak of her father to the Ghost Crew.

20. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
  21. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Compared to Clone Wars, the show has been kind of... mediocre to me, in some ways. I mean, it just is a lot more kiddy, I guess is the right word. Sure, Clone Wars had its moments, but there were lots of mature themes that weren't even kept hidden as easter eggs in that show to the point where I actually enjoyed it. Rebels has fallen short on that sadly, although they reeled me in with the season 1 finale, so I guess I have to watch season 2 now. (Joking - I'm not disappointed, I'm anticipating the second season). I think Hera is definitely interesting though. Like everyone else has said, she's much more of the mother to the group while still fitting in. I for one was getting tired of some of the "I'm the Jedi so I lead all" repetition, it's interesting to see this as much more of a team effort (to me anyway). And I can't believe that of all people I'm saying this... but I am kind of curious where her, if she has one, romantic relationship goes with Kanan. I dunno, I just want to see how that's pulled off.

I have a way of interrupting discussions. It would definitely be interesting if Hera was that girl we saw on Clone Wars. If so, we could get even deeper into character development and personal matters. For all of some of the rather-kiddy things they pulled off in Season 1, I think that could be made up with some in-depth material. I'll be looking forward to where this all goes to.

22. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I am actually a little worried/intrigued about what they are actually going to do with Hera as a character. Ezra's got his 'Jedi-in-training' story to work through, Kanan's got the job of tutor (and his issues with clones), Zeb's not forgotten the fact that Kallus went and wiped out his species, even Sabine has got her Mandalorian background and we've had quotes from show types that she's got some sort of story planned. Which makes me worry that Hera's either going to get stuck in the rather bland and boring role of 'the normal one' for all this wackiness to ground itself on or even worse, just get killed off because drama. Possibly what she knows about Ezra's parents will come into play...

Her dad being Cham does at least explain that she's pretty much a Rebel by nurture as well as by nature but Papa Syndulla seemed pretty stuck on Ryloth specifically. Be interesting to see how Hera went from 'save our planet!' to 'save our galaxy!' in my opinion.

Danifae and KaminoPalomino like this.
  23. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Hera is a cool one and the Mother figure(them being like a family and all) Along side Kanan,those two are like the Mom and Dad of the crew. I just hope they all live to see the end of the Empire somewhere during the events of "The Return of the Jedi".

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering there's already a thread exclusively about Sabine, I thought it fitting to start one on the other lead female in Rebels, Hera. Up until today (a result of a carryover discussion in the Literature topics), I didn't realize that it was actually confirmed that she was in fact Cham Syndulla's daughter. "A New Dawn" is the first book of the canon-linked EU that I've begun reading, and to that point I wasn't even paying attention to Hera's last name. From what I've gathered, Cham's relationship with her is discussed briefly in "Lords of the Sith", but I still think of Cham in the "Liberty on Ryloth" episode. I wonder if it's already been discussed that this picture of Cham holding the little girl is in fact Hera.

[​IMG]

Revyl Ren and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013