main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Here is my unorthodox Star Wars opinion: change my mind!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Feelicks, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    And who's to say he couldn't? I really wish he had been the Jedi character all along. A former stormtrooper becoming a Jedi? Waaaaay more interesting than the story of Rey.

2. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    for that he had to have a jedi path story like the rest and he didn't all we get is he might be force sensetive, maybe a future story down the line can do this, but for now it is Rey who became the only living jedi after Luke.

3. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm talking what-ifs here. If Rey hardly needed anything to start using the Force and lightsabers willy-nilly, I don't see why Finn couldn't do the same. Just give him his own "Force awakening" and there you go.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure but then it should have been in TFA.

5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Ahsoka has earned the task of rebuilding the Jedi more than any character introduced in the ST imo, maybe even more than Luke. She's seen how the Jedi during the Clone Wars lost their way, was trained by the Chosen One, and knew some of the greatest Jedi in the Order at the time. In comparison, Rey and Finn barely know what a Jedi is.

6. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Hard pass. Ahsoka should've died well before the ST.

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Problem is Ahsoka Tano is no jedi, she left the order and rejected them for a while, even by rebels and mandalorian she don't consider herself to be a jedi. Also it is not her task to rebuild the jedi order, that is for the new generation. the old don't build a new house they let the young do just that. If Ahsoka is still alive post ST, i think she might join this new jedi order, but it will be the new generation who has rebuild it. Rey, Finn, Grogu and others. Ezra and Ahsoka as elder people coming home.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^That's nonsense There is no reason why the Jedi Order should only be rebuilt by the new generation of characters.

wobbits and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Because sometiimes the oldways don't work anymore and might need some new fesh blood, They can help but it's the new generation who should stearhead the jedi in new directions. I think jedi sush as master Yoda and Luke knows this. plus this is common in most orders that needing rebuildings in stories.

10. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    "Do it because it's new" isn't a reason. Age has nothing to do with rebuilding the Jedi Order.

wobbits and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    it's a new age for the galaxy, so lets do something new. And the reason might be because the jedi needs to evolve from what they were in prequel era.

12. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope in the next saga that Jedi, if they are still around, are just one of multiple Force sensitive disciplines featured in the story

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    yess, but with the jedi as the main thing.

14. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Though this isn't an unpopular opinion, I'll maintain that the easy and obvious answer to all this would've just been to keep Luke as the Jedi Order rebuilder and not wipe out the Jedi for the second time in the saga.

15. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Well the older characters could do it, but i think they let the younger characters take the lead. As the mentors always want to.

16. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    If there's another saga after this, I do hope in some karmic way that the Order is wiped out yet again and we get another Empire vs. Rebels state. Bring on bitter failure Rey and old janitor Finn.

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the next saga is probaly in a new era like hundreds years later, the Rey adventures will be in standalones or tv shows.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  18. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Honestly, I'd rather the main characters not be very force sensitive, but have multiple side characters be force sensitives in different disciplines. Either that or have it be an ensemble story where the protagonist position is split up into different characters and each force sensitive character belongs to a different discipline. Not sure why the Jedi need to be front and center.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Because the jedi are meant to be for a reason. they are the guardians of peace and justice and not these other disciplines.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  20. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    That sounds awful. I hope those versions of Rey and Finn don't surface.

The Sequel trilogy was where we should have seen that... That is one of the ways SW moved backwards under the new ownership.

21. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    Agreed 100%
    At this point, Ahsoka doesn't consider herself a Jedi, but there's no reason why she couldn't be reconciled with the Jedi. She has a whole solo series coming up and I think there's a good chance she will undergo some character development. Many people have pointed out that, although she doesn't call herself a Jedi anymore because she lost faith in the institution, she acts more like a true Jedi than some of the Masters in the final days of the Republic. If you ask me, that puts here in a good position to resurrect the Order in a way that leaves their recent failings and corruptions in the past.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    That’s true for the first thousand plus generations, but I see why it has to be true forever.

23. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Beeing a fanboy and just enjoying and loving STAR WARS is fine!

24. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    That's the point. Like I said, karma.
    How do you agree 100% that Luke should've rebuilt the Order but then say "actually Ahsoka should do it"? Or do you mean since Luke can't, then Ahsoka should? Again, hard pass for me. Ahsoka should've been dead by the time of the OT, let alone the ST, and wasn't her voice among the dead Jedi? Let her stay dead/ gone already.

25. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Luke was always the obvious choice and has been as far as I'm concerned since 1983 with Yoda's line, "Pass on what you have learned". But, yes, now that he can't, I think Ahsoka makes more sense than Rey since she has more experience with the Jedi. And the more I thought about it, I realized that in some ways, Ahsoka might make more sense than Luke, given her greater experience with the Order and specifically its failings. But not in all ways. Luke made sense because he was the new hope, the last of the Jedi, the son of the Chosen One etc.

mtt02263 likes this.