main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Hetzal to Geonosis - The State of the Galaxy Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by VexedAtVohai, Aug 7, 2021.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Apparently this one didn't exist yet.

While currently this period is dominated by The High Republic, inevitably there will be many more pre-Clone Wars stories in the coming years. There isn't much content between TPM and AotC so far, so I don't think there's much point in a Naboo-Geonosis thread.

AusStig likes this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair enough especially considering High Republic does a good job of kinda subtly showing us how the Separatist Crisis will unfold in the grand scheme of things I think it makes for a good thematically interesting thread.

Also you could call it, Starlight Beacon -Geonosis.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  3. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    It's interesting how in THR Serenno is shown as having been a leading world in the Outer Rim long before Dooku, and that even centuries before the Separatist Crisis there are hints of frustration with Coruscant. I'm also looking forward to seeing the growing influence of megacorporations pre-TPM in actual story content.

I selfishly hope that the reason that Cavan Scott is comparatively less involved in Wave 3 is that he's writing a Dooku novel for AotC's 20th anniversary.

Maybe someone capable of editing the title could rename it "Hetzal to Geonosis"?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Once the next Vader series set between ESB—RoTJ is finished, instead of getting even another Vader series set pre ANH, we should get an ongoing of an Anakin and Obiwan series set in the 10yr gap.

I liked that mini they released years ago and I do want to see more of good young Anakin.

It would also be nice getting prequel era content that isn’t Clone Wars, the final years of peace time Republic.

It would be an interesting if released alongside High Republic comics/books, seeing more similarities/differences of the Jedi/Republic of the two eras.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Acolyte will be the first how many shows to come after to give more context into this era before the clone wars began, we will see the start of a dark age for the republic and start of corruption. The sith behind it all, lol. We may also see the start of the sith and the idea of cloning. A big theme of the show might be about immortality.

Xammer likes this.
  6. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    The kind of post that raises my expectations too high before consoooming some media.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This ERA is right for plucking, you can do whatever you like from the politics thriller, to good jedi adventures, to sith horror.

Xammer likes this.
  8. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    @AdmiralNick22 @GrandAdmiralJello @Sinrebirth @The2ndQuest
    Can I request that the thread title be changed to
    From Hetzal to Geonosis - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread
    ? The fact that it doesn't match the others is bugging me :p.

As a token of my gratitude, I present to you a gift: these two droids. :r2h::c3po:
    Both are hardworking, and will serve you well.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hetzal is?

10. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    The Great Disaster, the beginning of Light of the Jedi.

JediFett10, Ghost and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Done, but why not from The Great Disaster to Geonosis.

AusStig and VexedAtVohai like this.
  13. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Because you can only change a title once.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, it's not like it's a time lord that can regenerate up to 12-13 times. :p

Xammer and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oops! I squandered the chance!

VexedAtVohai and Xammer like this.
  16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I would've done from Hetzal to Naboo. Naboo to Geonosis could have very much been its own thread.

darklordoftech, starfish and Golbolco like this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I agree, except that I don’t see a lot of content being made specifically for the time period between TPM/Naboo and AOTC/Geonosis

I mean, I would like some stories told in that time but it doesn’t seem likely for whatever reason

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Acolyte will change that, i think they are waiting for the live action shows to explore this era from Before TPM up to the clone wars.

Ghost likes this.
  19. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    :oops:

Thank you though.

---

A thread about Naboo to Geonosis would have far less to talk about than the Dark Times and post-RotJ threads, even if they announced a series set in that time.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Naboo to Geonosis is just mostly politics and some jedi adventures.

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    We already have a thread about the High Republic era, and Naboo - Geonosis is to short of a period.

With The Acolyte being the end of the HR era, a better choice for this thread is…

“The Acolyte to Geonosis”.

Covering the 50 year gap between the Acolyte and the battle of Naboo, and 10yr gap until AoTC.

Making this topic about discussion of the final era of peace time Republic, after its golden age.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That might work considering the Acolyte is said to be a more direct Prequel to Phantom Menace even if it's "Technically" in the High Republic era.

23. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I do hope we get a book or comic series about the Mandalorian Civil War.

A local conflict that lasted for around a year, seeing the beginning of Obiwans and Satines relationship.

A chance to see some war in the prequel era without resorting to the Clone Wars.

24. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Boba refers to Jango fighting in civil wars, so presumably there were several conflicts that flared up during this period. I would love to see a live-action series about them eventually, to follow up on ideas that may be introduced in The Acolyte, and to set up background for The Mandalorian.

I want to know what House Kryze's situation was, and what Jaster and Jango were doing. Maybe have a younger Dooku involved even. Seeing he and Qui-Gon reunite after Dooku's departure would be interesting, and would mean that we'd finally see the two interact.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Which is prime material for talk on state of the galaxy. It's the transformation of Republic to Empire, and rise of the Separatists. It has the most interesting worldbuilding potential.