main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

High Poly Yoda: Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by blazer003, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazer003

blazer003 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2004
    I posted this in the fan films forum. I didn't realize there was an actual forum for SciFi 3d. Anyway, this is a model that I've been working on for a couple weeks now. I am attempting to get it as acurate as possible, and am shooting for more of the ESB, ROTJ character. I haven't applied any more than a simple procedural cloud map texture for a little color variation, so many small wrinkles and details will be added on the texture. Everything you so far is simply modeling. Anyway, tell me what you think of it in general and point out anything you might find wrong with his shape or what have you. And yes, I do plan to share this on SciFi 3d when I'm done. =)

[image=http://img259.echo.cx/img259/4853/20050423yoda3to.jpg] [image=http://img193.echo.cx/img193/8199/yodascenetest8ul.jpg]

2. Joblender

Joblender Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Looks very good, very well moddeling :D
    Is the right picture yours?! wow
    I've seen this on elysiun also ;)

3. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Very cool ...What program are you using to make him?

~Rory

4. JinxKatarn

JinxKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    Looks great, it's nice to see one that actually looks like the Yoda puppet instead of a "CG" version of him...hope that makes sense.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

5. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Is this the one already on the Site, but just as a picture?

6. blazer003

Jun 13, 2004
    Um, this isn't on SciFi 3d, if that is what you are talking about. This is one that I am working on from scratch. So far it is just the head, but I am now continuing on to the body.

What software am I using: Blender, and out of all the programs I've used an own, it is the fastest for modeling.

Animating him later may be another question though.

7. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweet, let us know how it is progressing.

8. MasterBond

MasterBond Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Great work so far! Keep it up!

9. Ravenger

Ravenger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    looks amazing keep it cant wait to see the final version

10. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Very nice! Keep up the good work! :D

11. ABCDFILM

ABCDFILM Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    Wow! You did that just with blender? Thats great!

looks really good, the OT yoda is wayh better than the PT Yoda.

12. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Come'on the OTT yoda was a little cross eyed at times! :)

~Rory

13. JeneralJarJar

JeneralJarJar Jedi Master star 1

May 1, 2003
    Very nice work! The lower part of his cheeks might need to be a bit fuller, but its hard to tell at this angle. I look forward to seeing it fully textured. :)

14. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Ho nice! glad to see some good work here. Have you ever tried Z-Brush? This one would be a good reason to try

15. blazer003

Jun 13, 2004
    Thank you for the comments and the kind words. I don't have the file with me here at school, and I haven't done all that much work on him, so I won't show an update right now. I have started on the rest of his body though, along with making a LOT of slight alterations to his face that nobody would probably ever notice, including a little work on the cheeks.

OC- My company now owns Z-Brush, however I haven't done more than just take a look at it. I may learn it and use it to make slight alterations to him later. I do agree that that could be a very powerful tool for Yoda, considering all his wrinkles and what not. Can you give me a good sight for tutorials for learning the basics? Thanks.

-Matt

16. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    I'm not a Z brush user, so I can't really help you, but I think this appplication is amazing. I think there is a specific board for Z brush users on CGtalk . Guys there will be able to tell you. There is also a very popular place called zbrush central

I'm always willing to help when it's not a n00b question

Edit: I checked out Zbrush Central, I think it's definitly the best place to start

17. blazer003

Jun 13, 2004
    Ok, I'll check it out when I get time. Thanks.

-Matt

18. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    How Yoda coming along?

~Rory

19. blazer003

Jun 13, 2004
    Hey, I have a basic body pretty well modeled. I've got some details to still work out, and I would like critiques on anything that you feel are wrong with his proportions. I have heard that he is too skinny, too fat, too tall, too short and pretty much everything else, but I'm trying to get a sense of what the most people feel are the areas that need to be improved. So tell me what you think.

[image=http://img137.echo.cx/img137/7325/05fullbody4lj.jpg][image=http://img137.echo.cx/img137/5281/04fullbody1cf.jpg]
    [image=http://img137.echo.cx/img137/4779/03fullbody0ga.jpg][image=http://img137.echo.cx/img137/5691/01fullbody9sb.jpg]

20. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    naked Yoda, that's just what I needed to see at 7am, thanks...

Darksteps...

21. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Where's his...never mind. Aliens. I think he looks great. Throw a cloack on him and hand him a walking stick, and he would be an awesome addition to any fanfilm. Let us know when he will be up, I cannot wait to start playing around with him. One of the finest models I have ever seen. Ever.

22. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    Something wrong with the legs. First they look a bit long. Yoda has short legs, you can see it from the way he walks. Then the way they are cennected to the body is really stange. I know this will be covered with clothes but you should correct it if you have time

23. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    he looks like he is giggling....lol looks good cept for the legs but thats already been said

24. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    LOL he looks great! Naked, but great. Are you making him crosseyed on purpose?You know, like the OT yoda?

~Rory

25. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I don't know. I don't know how anybody can make a call on this without reference of his body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.