main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hippo!!! Marvel’s Moon Knight [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Master_Lok, Apr 5, 2021.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The mummified bit is a genius detail.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Exactly. It serves not only as a tie to ancient Egypt, but winks at the preservation of life after death, and to further tie into Marc: a wink to his bondage to Khonshu: The latter two being pivotal to Moon Knight. My multiverse MK designs have worked in mummy bandages in homage to the Universe X design and for reasons above. Plus, it’s fun.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  3. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    And a render of the leaked costume has surfaced. Not going to post the concept art here, but if you look up #moonknight on IG, it will show up.

It is gorgeous and tilts further into the Egyptian look
    (Not just the mummy bandages). If this is real, it’s now among my top MK costumes. I am so glad they decided to go so gloriously creative in making the suit mirror ancient Egypt, and the character’s classic specter vibe, while keeping the suit’s line, cowl and mask classic MK. I am utterly thrilled.[face_love] I never expected them to do something original that so beautifully captures the character.

And the cape looks great too, it’s
    slight tattered so the ghost
    vibe is there.

Funny how Ethan Hawke was praising the sets and costumes on Seth Myers last night, and today, we have the costume leaks.[face_love][face_love][face_love]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    darthbernael and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    An addendum: that first costume image was legit. Marvel have tracked down the person who leaked it and are prepping legal action.

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    And there’s fan shot on set footage of what appears to be Oscar in the costume leaping with the aid of wirework, but I won’t post because it’s not official etc. Really surprised that
    comicbook.com
    hasn’t been asked to take that down yet though.

The second black suit I described above was a fake.

Finally, Kevin Feige alluded to the possibility of multiple seasons of She-Hulk and Moon Knight in this interview. Oh yes, please. I could easily see both shows go for multiple seasons.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Side note, I really enjoyed the first issue of the new Moon Knight ongoing series. Felt it did a good job at summing up the character for unfamiliar readers, while building a new mystery to explore.

darthbernael likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah it is off to a solid enough start as an entry point. Not a hook like some other recent runs but it makes a nice enough intro to the character while also being fun for anyone already familiar. I'm in for it.

darthbernael likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    We’ll see with the comic. Love some of the art and Jed did his research, but I’m not sold yet. Do enjoy the non-Reese humor (the vampire skull moment had me [face_laugh]), and Dr. Badr/Hunter’s Moon finally be the potent new big bad MK’s needed for quite awhile. I want more with the Frankensteins biker gang please: They’re the exact type of [face_laugh][face_skull][face_laugh] I need right now, so I hope they’ll be a thing in this run.

Anyway, we probably won’t see anything official with the D+ Moon Knight series until November (Either the D+ day and/the Destinations D23, 11-12 and 11-19 to 11-21.)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    darthbernael likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oscar told Total Film why he signed in for Moon Knight.

No spoilers tags necessary:

Not surprised.

And I am nibbling my cowl, as Moon Knight 2 completely laid my skepticism about the new comic series to rest. If they ever give MK this power up in the MCU...they won’t need the Avengers etc. I am really impressed and utterly delighted
    And he ended the binding of Hawley with Selah, which often punctuates the Psalms in the Hebrew Bible, and it could also mean forever. Great stuff.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Selah is usually used to indicate a musical (instrumental) interlude.

Master_Lok and darthbernael like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    That too.;) I’ve seen multiple definitions including that one. In context of what Moon Knight did the baddie it falls in line with the two I posted; as there was no music and Marc was definitely not singing. [face_laugh]
    One of the people MK released from this baddie’s hold said “What did you do?” And MK replies, “Nothing that he’ll recover from.”

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Juliet316 and darthbernael like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So... Oscar and Mark Ruffalo were spotted outside the same Budapest hotel within a couple of hours of each other.

and Oscar

Source: https://www.instagram.com/dora_magyari/

I’d be a-okay with a mini crossover. And spitball-land: if
    Bruce is included in She-Hulk
    , maybe he’ll recommend
    Jennifer’s legal services to Marc? :p

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    And Ruffalo trolling... [face_laugh]

darthbernael , Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Non spoilery Moon Knight/Oscar Isaac praise from Ethan Hawke via The Wrap:

Venice is producing gold...finally an interview with lead Moon Knight director Mohammad Diab, courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter.

As far as jokes, hoping for a surprise appearance of Marc’s
    star spangled boxers. That was one of the funniest, unexpected gags from the rather heavy Vengeance of the Moon Knight run.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Juliet316, Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Non-spoilers about MK’s costume.

While discussing The Card Counter with Screen Rant, SR asked Oscar about Moon Knight. Obviously, Oscar cannot say much, but when putting on the costume for the first time, Oscar said
    If it’s the leaked costume or concept art, it’s going to be frakkin’ gorgeous.

Yes, I am bummed Covid will make me wait on seeing The Card Counter and Dune, both look great.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oscar also told Screen Rant Moon Knight will
    I spitball
    he means not only the non-linear structure earlier comments hinted at, but also Marvel dealing with D.I.D. and mental illness. They’ve tip-toed around that with the Hulk.

I love ya Oscar, but I’ll wait and see on this quote. ;)

Regarding the costume, one thing Oscar’s Moon Knight cannot do is wear the spandex Kevlar suit underneath his civilian clothes, as in my current avatar; especially if that leaked D+ suit is legit. :p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Filming on the series is winding down. The cast and crew are at Petra in Jordan today (Oscar's hairstylist posted a couple of non spoiler IG stories of footage at Petra > this fan repost of one of the stories works right now.)

So, yeah, Feige wasn't kidding about the Indiana Jones vibes the show has. Had a laugh that they're filming at that pivotal Last Crusade locale right now.

Whether or not they'll give Petra a face lift in post production and remake it into the Tomb of Seti/Temple of Khonshu where Moon Knight is born is complete spitballing on my part. That said, I'd be perfectly fine with the series using the lore about Moses striking a rock and bringing forth water at Petra myself. Whatever they do with the location, it's epic and I'm glad to see it incorporated.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    vin and darthbernael like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Production in Budapest and Jordan has wrapped. I won’t be surprised if the crew video posted at Reddit is removed*, as the primary make up artist’s IG wrap post was deleted hours after he posted it late last week; but main director Mohammad Diab still has work to do in Atlanta as per that early September Hollywood Reporter interview.
    *Video is just a quick pan and scan of a gift bag and a note thanking this person for their contribution to the series.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    A recent non-spoiler Variety interview with Oscar:

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Here’s Oscar’s fun admission to Fandom.com on knowing zip about Moon Knight before signing on.

[face_party]

For what it's worth Oscar elaborated on testing stuff out on his kids to E.T. Canada and said he did the
    ”characters…” for his son.

So, yeah, he let that plural characters slip. :p I’ll be delighted if he’s Khonshu too (which would mean six characters if they run with Marc, Moon Knight, Jake Lockley, Steven Grant, Mr. Knight and Khonshu.)

https://etcanada.com/video/12614d70...6/oscar-isaac-teases-his-moon-knight-costume/

He also mentions he’d be up for playing Spider-Man 2099 again too.

I am glad Oscar did not bring any baggage to Moon Knight, really cannot wait to see him.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I’ll believe that when I see it. They have a lot to set up with Moon Knight alone (potentially five personas IF Oscar is not also playing
    Khonshu which would be six characters if he is Khonshu too.)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I assume the Moon Knight's Jewish faith will feature in the series? Would be very controversial if that was cut.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Would it? I mean, it has not really come up in any of the MK apperances I have read, which I admit is not many but still. I only know of it by comment here and there on the net. That he is jewish don't seems to be something that has been pushed as something important for the character what I have seen, so maybe they just have it as a background thing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    darthbernael likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My understanding is that it was an important part of the character's background in the comics.