main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Japan continues to uphold its ban on gay marriage. It won’t last forever. As the younger people are much more “eh don’t care” or supportive.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know it’s a long shot but over the long run I think it’s a good idea.

Gay marriage should be codified in law. We all saw how much it did that Abortion was never codified. I know it might not do anything. Especially in the senate. But it’s worth a shot. Especially on more local level. If you live in a blue state that never made it law and just had a court decision make it legal that should be codified.

WriterMan likes this.
  3. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    100%. Obergefell will be overturned by next June and protecting gay marriage should be our biggest priority.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    https://www.wftv.com/news/local/tea...t-classrooms/R6VGDIOC2RFURLBUVT6TVWPDGA/?s=09

According to representatives of the county’s teacher association, teachers and staff members will be disallowed from wearing rainbow articles of clothing, including lanyards distributed by the district last year. Elementary-level teachers reported being discouraged from putting pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk or talking about them to students.​

“Safe Space” stickers aimed at LGBTQ students may have to be removed from doors, teachers will have to report to parents if a student “comes out” to them and they must use pronouns assigned at birth, regardless of what the parents allow, the CTA reported.​

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Partial fix, just keep going with anything rainbow, and if anyone complains say it's just reflecting God's covenant with Noah. Which would be totally allowed.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There are other ways of showing that your class or office is a safe space. The real trouble comes if they need to our kids to keep their jobs.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Slovenia legalized same sex marriage and adoption!

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Good. The more, the merrier. I was somewhat amazed earlier this month to learn of the many, many countries that have legalized same-sex marriage and made it easier for transgender people to legally correct their genders without surgeries. I had no idea that these two lists of countries outnumbered those that have helpful abortion laws.

But, yeah. The more states and countries that can pass adoption rights for same-sex couples, the better. What I also want is more countries to actually pass laws to help the nonbinary folks.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s true that the constitution can’t be changed during martial law. But it’s a good step for the future. Whenever that may be.

Also while many in Ukraine want the same legal rights for LGBT I think the real reason the government is talking about it and will probably take action on it is because they want to look as progressive as possible for the EU.

still it’s a great thing that should have happened a long time ago. More rights for more people and if you want to spin it for a more conservative person who still doesn’t like Russia in Ukraine. It’s spiting Russia as you know they will absolutely hate this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...sex-civil-partnerships-in-ukraine/ar-AA10gvnL

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Juliet316 , harpua and solojones like this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also this was the dumbest thing ever. Banning men on men sex is the pinnacle of stupidity already. But they actually only had gay relations banned. If you were a women and loved another women and wanted to have sexual relations with said women that was totally legal. Just weird.

While this small step is still good on the other hand they are making it pretty clear that they don’t want legal marriage. But at least it’s not illegal anymore.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.
  15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Taiwan is still the only country in Asia with gay marriage.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well they are on the right path.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    This is a frightening read of a thread. It's the weaponization of social media and user data into another tentacle of the "get back in the closet" push currently unfolding on the right.

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    The internet was a mistake.

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It was a mostly good thing when it first got started but yeah it's become a monument of why we can't have good things.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The monetized and unregulated Internet is definitely bad, especially when social media companies promote the most extreme and outrageous content in order to drive profits engagement, leading content that was once acknowledged as extreme and outrageous by anyone with a brain, to now be considered mainstream.

That aspect aside I think the Internet has been a very good thing.

I’m starting to wonder if authoritarian left governments have the right idea regarding Internet regulation.

Juliet316 and Thena like this.
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I dunno. The most obvious example of that would be China. I don't think the type of behavior outlined above would be prohibited there. The LGBTQ community isn't exactly smiled upon by the Chinese government.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I suppose I was thinking of a non-bigoted authoritarian left government which might be hypothetical at this point (although I may be wrong about that).

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    The mistake wasn't the internet, it was allowing everyone access to it. People are the problem. Usually are when it comes to technology.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    In the end it all goes back to cultural acceptance. Authoritarian governments, be they right or left, still rely on some measure of popular support however small to exist. Vilifying LGBTQ is low-hanging fruit to that end in most places still to this day. Until that changes a heavily regulated vs unregulated internet is largely moot.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Apr 27, 2005