main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how about creating a lazersabre that act EXACTLY like in the movies but don't cut?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by fet, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    hi! my name is FET and I have the plan for this. I've got the idea but no money. Interrested? let's talk about it. Of course, the best will be to meet or talk with George... I repeat: EXACTLY.

2. fettesvette77

fettesvette77 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2007
    [image=http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/_better_together_/MyFavoriteToy.jpg]

i want a light saber..but don't want to kill anyone....what's the plan...lightsaber creator will be hailed and praised....[face_praying]

for sure
    milo [face_chicken]

3. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    like I said, it doesn't cut anymore but it act EXACTLY like in the movie, with sound and light; it expand and shrink.sorry for my english.

4. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    There is one problem with what you are trying to do, laws of physics make such impossible. Light does not bend the way it would have to for a lightsaber to work, and in order to make a laser blade coherent enough it would be pretty hard not to make it cut, but you still have to deal with the fact that light does not bend and can not be shapped like a lightsaber ... unless you know ways to ignore the laws of physics ...

The nearest thing you could get would basically be a giant laser pointer, but you still have to deal with the fact that you can not bend light or energy to make a blade like you would need for a lightsaber

5. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    Hi!! read carefully and litteraly what I wrote plz:...act EXACTLY... now if U have money and meet together, I CAN DO IT... as simple as that.!!

6. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I did read such exactly as you put it, but you still have the problem of light not bending the way you want it to in order to create the blade ... what are you saying would require you to break the laws of physics ...

7. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Either that or he found a way to condense a high powered plasma generator and magnetic fields into a lightsaber handle. Considering scientists have made a plasma energy cylinder like a lightsaber blade but it takes a warehouse full of equipment, I highly doubt this plan.

8. RubberRonny

RubberRonny Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I think we should make ones that burn. it's a blue flame, that resembles a long blow torch flame. click the button on the heat resistant handle. We can market it to children all over the world!

Or....So the flames don't simply just go through each other, just make a replicated handle of the lightsaber desired, stick a thin metal pole in the end, and heat the metal with a blow torch. This way, kids can actually sordfight with their new lightsabers! Yay!

9. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    One problem with the first idea ... where do you get the gas used to power blow torch from? Doing what you suggest would use a very large ammount of the gasses used to power a blow torch and such would not fit in the pommel ...

And the other idea is not feasible either, you realize when metals are heated with something like a blow torch they turn into a liquid right? Even if the metal did not get hot enough to melt it still becomes incredibly malleable so smaking the blades together would reshape the metal pole ...

Oh and do you know what kind of damage a blow torch would do to some one if it touched them?

10. cooldivya

cooldivya Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2007
    most replies sound pessimistic
    and seem to say it cant be done

so fet throw some light
    and explain your plan to make a lazersabre

11. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Where our knowledge science is does not allow such to be possible, if you wish to disbelieve what is scientifically possible then go right ahead but until through science such is possible I will speak the truth of things as they are on this subject

12. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    wellwellwell... I think I've been misunderstood. Cela aurait ete mieux si j'avais pu m'exprimer en français(it would have been better if I could speak in french). The lazersabre I can do is in translucent plastic, it go IN and go OUT, it lights strong in the colour of Ur choice EVEN in the day light with sounds U know(and change when in movment).No matter of bending light and break the rules of physical laws. U understand now? IT ACT EXACTLY...BUT DON'T CUT. I think I made myself clear in my first post!

13. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    NOW! Is there anyone interested and have money and want to be rich? And make it REAL?

14. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    What you propose sounds like a Force FX saber that you can buy from Master Replicas ...

And you didn't really make yourself to clear fet, it would have been more clear what you were speaking about if you had mentioned a blade contained inside something which was not mentioned at all ...

15. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    AAAhhh Dear Ewok_Jedi... sorry for my english. U talk about blade contained in it. It's merely a 3 segment translucent tube "enlight" by lazer et "qui entre et sorte de la garde". Each one has 30 cm tall... etc etc. Understand that I can't tell U everything and I know that MasterReplica ONLY build "la garde".

16. RubberRonny

RubberRonny Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    "One problem with the first idea ... where do you get the gas used to power blow torch from? Doing what you suggest would use a very large ammount of the gasses used to power a blow torch and such would not fit in the pommel ...

And the other idea is not feasible either, you realize when metals are heated with something like a blow torch they turn into a liquid right? Even if the metal did not get hot enough to melt it still becomes incredibly malleable so smaking the blades together would reshape the metal pole ...

Oh and do you know what kind of damage a blow torch would do to some one if it touched them?"

-Still, I think it would be fun to see kids playing with blow torches and metal poles. Besides, I don't know squat about electronics. So, scientifically, it's impossible, but nothing is impossible when the force is your ally. ;)

17. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Actually it sounds like one of those cheap telescoping blades that the coy companies have been making for years, maybe with a better flashlight in the handle.

Idea's been done to death.

18. fet

fet Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    I forget one thing: my lazersabre will LOOK EXACTLY like in the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.