main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How 'Bout an Online EU Marketplace?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darf_Vader, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darf_Vader

Darf_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Hello there everyone.
    I've been thinking about this for some time now. What if somebody desperately needed a Star Wars comic/novel/guide/video game and looked around forever on eBay but couldn't find it? Why not have that person post what they're looking for on these boards, and then whoever has the goods can PM that user with an asking price. Kind of like a reverse auction. If this idea interests you, please express your opinion because if we get enough voices out, perhaps the Mods will make an official marketplace thread. At this stage, we should only express our views about the idea. When/If we get the green light, then we can begin asking for books on sale. Please do not do so now because if it's inappropriate I don't want the thread to get locked.
    Thanks.

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Solicting is recognised as a form of spam on these boards, as is advertising.

By getting ourselves into the marketplace scene, we open ourselves up to legal wrangles between buyers and sellers and intermediaries...ugh!

I don't know any existing online marketplaces (aside from e-bay) but feel free to post some links here in the meantime, y'all.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.