main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you rate "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by TheBoogieMan, Jul 6, 2006.

?

How do you rate "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest"?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 10 - This film is absolutely incredible!

18.9%
  2. 9

22.8%
  3. 8

20.5%
  4. 7

15.7%
  5. 6

4.7%
  6. 5

3.1%
  7. 4

3.1%
  8. 3

5.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Words cannot describe how awful this film was!

5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I was leaning back and forth between a 7 and a 8, but ended up giving it an 8. It's an entertaining film to be sure, but it is far from as good as the first. I didn't like it how jack seemed to be more of a coward in this one, considering how good a swordsman he is, and he's suppossed to be a captain as well. Also while I loved the music in the first, and loved that they reused all the main themes again, it seemed like there were hardly any new themes, and they didn't stand out nearly as well as the themes reused from the first movie. That's one difference between this series and other big series like star wars or lord of the rings. In those series, the new themes in each sequel/prequel stood on their own, and were great and beautiful, and they other themes showed up as necessary. Here in pirates there is no good new themes, and they rely almost exclusively on the old themes again.

That all being said, I'm stil anxious to see the 3rd movie.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'll give it an 8, not as good as the first, but it is a middle film after all, they tend to be the worst of the bunch.

:snoopy

3. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    I thought it was very good, a 10. It introduced new characters and had a good storyline. It was better than the first one in many ways, but all three are good. I think the effects were top-notch, though.

Good show, Bruckheimer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.