main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch How many seasons?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 28, 2021.

?

How many seasons

1. 1

2.5%
  2. 2

20.0%
  3. 3

30.0%
  4. 4

40.0%
  5. 5

2.5%
  6. 6+

5.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How many seasons do you think the show will get?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Given that fans in 2021 can't agree on how many seasons TCW will get, do I even dare guess how many its successor will get?

Mostly Handless and Riv_Shiel like this.
  5. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    2. First season to establish arc and direction, second to finish at destination and a climax.

6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I would assume that they intend to follow it with another animated series the year after The Bad Batch ends. I could see a bunch of stuff wrapping up around the same time, like the Thrawn crossover and related series, Bad Batch, and maybe Andor, to be replaced with The Acolyte and the new films (with some overlap as the change-over happens). The following animated show would probably be either High Republic, sequel era, or something completely new.

I'd say 3-4 seasons for BB. There's a lot of unresolved stuff from TCW, it would be a shame to have to abandon most of it, and I doubt a lot of it will get covered in 1 or 2 seasons.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think, 4-5 seasons with going for first 5 years of the empire.

8. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    It's hard to say. The trend seems to be towards shorter series (e.g. Resistance having only two seasons and a lot of the announced shows being limited) so I could see this just being a season or two, but I could also see this being a many season epic, especially if the endgame is a clone revolt.

I'm gonna guess somewhere in the middle. Three seasons.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just one, depending on how many episodes.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I picked two, I don’t understand the appeal of the Bad Batch characters, they are just so generic and not interesting to me, that said i recognize I’m probably in the minority with that opinion, and also I like the time period well enough and I am glad it’s beings explored, in my opinion the appeal of this show is in the dark times era and it’s lead in to characters living during these times, the clones aren’t doing that for me yet, but hopefully other characters will.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With this being the big next animation show like cone wars i think 4.5 seasons no matter how many episodes.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    whoever said this was the next "big" show?

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think that traditionally we'd be looking at three seasons by TCW's old 22 episode standard but we'll get about 8 to maybe 16 episodes a pop so that may give us 4-5 seasons of material over a few years. I think that would be right. Personally, this can be as short or long as it needs to be to tell the story.

14. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    I think the number of seasons might also depend on whether or not there's going to be a post-RotJ animated series. I imagine they would only want one ongoing animated series at a time, so I could see this being forced into a one or two season show because they will want to move on before long, especially if the theoretical post-RotJ show is supposed to intersect with The Mandalorian and associated shows at all.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is next big animated series since rebels, and that had 4 seasons, so i see it the same. Also i think the other animated ones they are working on is about high republic and post ROTJ.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ALL THE SEASONS
    [​IMG]

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Four where I live. It is currently Spring.
    Unless you mean emotionally. Then there is only the endless season of sadness.

18. Reepicheep775

Jul 27, 2019
    I thought Resistance was going to be the next big animated series, but it ended after two seasons - possibly because Disney/LFL wanted to shift the focus away from the ST era or that could have been the plan all along.

19. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    I think 4 just like Rebels

20. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    "Just one more." - Owen Lars

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    3 full seasons and then a Disney+ movie for the 4th to wrap things up with the team.

22. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    It's very hard to make a guess before the series even started. My vote is at least 4 seasons though since that's a good middle ground between TCW's 6+1 season run, and the Mandalorian's (so far) three season runtime. Plus rebels was also 4 seasons long.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think after what happened with TCW and it's cancellation, I don't think we'll ever see a 5+ season run for a star wars animated series ever again.

I imagine Filoni would be scared of Disney pulling the plug half way through the story again.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah, i don't think soo, if the story is good and is one of most popular on disney plus, i can see an animayed show get 6 seasons. TCW is quite a different stoy.

25. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Being a TCW sequel I would hope it gets many seasons, one of the best things about TCW was the amount of variety in characters/storylines and stuff they set up for the future, where as Rebels and Resistance were very small scale and self contained so it was easy to end them with a fairly short run.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.