main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How often do you watch through the whole Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by theskycorvair, Jan 26, 2020.

1. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    It's not a fitting testament to my deep fandom but a full six film marathon has yet to happen. If you count the sequel installments, however, I did go back through all of them just recently but didn't do it in order or all in a single day. It will really be something if I can ever get through all nine in a single block of time, it seems like it would be necessary to sleep in between them at some point. Maybe three films a day on a three day weekend would be sort of manageable.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Almost never. I re-watch the Classic Trilogy every 2-3 years, but the Prequel Trilogy only about once every 5 years or so.

3. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The whole saga from 2006., once a year. I usually tried to watch it six day in a row, more or less I managed to do that, but now, with nine movies, it'll be impossible. I may skip to a trilogy after trilogy basis.

I watch Solo and Rogue One separately.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    About once every 2 years now. I refuse to do it without The Clone Wars, and we are only just getting the ending now, so it felt weird going from Yoda’s journey right into ROTS.

I may do it more now. I-VI plus TCW is the greatest story ever told.

CampOfSorgan and darkspine10 like this.
  5. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    I used to do SW weeks: 1-2 movie each night. Last time I did it was in december 2017. The menu was:
    • Sunday: TPM + AOTC
    • Monday: ROTS
    • Tuesday: RO + ANH
    • Wednesday: TESB
    • Thursday: ROTJ
    • Friday: TFA
    • Saturday night at the theater: TLJ

CampOfSorgan and Dagobahsystem like this.
  6. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    As seldom as possible. A full ride of the OT is a In Case of Emergency Break Glass, a Gungan Sacred Place. I will not overwrite invaluable visceral transportation to 6-12 by watching it at geezer+.

But I will frame by frame analyze the _ _ _ _ out of each title. That does not overwrite visceral transportation to 6-12. It does satisfy adult requirements to monkey puzzle through some annoyingly fascinating question of colossal irrelevance.

7. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I tend to watch them all during my "Star Wars highs" which tend to occur after some new material, like a new film, has been released. I'm taking a break from watching them for now. Don't want to tire myself out on them, otherwise it won't be "that special series" for me anymore.

@Darkslayer Watching the films with TCW has always been a pipe dream of mine. I've tried twice and both times I stopped around the beginning of Season 2. I admire your drive [face_laugh]. Agreed on I-VI + TCW being the greatest story ever.

CampOfSorgan and Darkslayer like this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's why I rarely watch the saga, it takes so long now :p

But that's a good problem to have!

9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Episodes 1-6 usually twice a year. If I need a quick fix then I usually watch ROTS.

10. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I was curious, so I did the math. Not counting season 7, as we've only had a couple episodes, and using the average runtime of 24 minutes, it would take 48 hours 48 minutes to watch all 6 seasons. Add that to the 24 hours 18 minutes of the 12 movies(TCW movie included), and we're looking at 73 hours, 6 minutes of Star Wars. I think I would overdose on Star Wars if I tried a marathon.

11. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    I last watched 1-7+RO in 2017 just before TLJ came out. I tried for TROS, but the family's schedule did not align so it was difficult to do this time. I think we got through 5. I do, however, watch at least one of the older movies about once a month, and the newer movies weekly. (My husband has given up on me!) Even though I own the movies in just about every format, if I see one of the movies on TV, I'll still stop on that channel and watch the movie, commercials and all. Star Wars is the only movie or TV show that I can watch repeatedly. Everything else is one and done!

cratylus and Dagobahsystem like this.
  12. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Several times a year. But I have yet to do it now that the sequel trilogy is now completed.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I used to marathon the Saga at least once a year, but that was back when I was in middle school-undergrad and there were only six movies. Now with nine movies and working full time, I'll probably get around to it once every couple of years.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Through the whole saga? Not very often. I'm more about watching a film when I feel like it.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  15. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    I used to watch the PT on a bi-monthly basis throughout my adolescence, but these days, I watch all of 1-6 on a bi-monthly basis.

TCW, on the other hand, is massive, and something I reserve to watching once a year.

16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Wish I could say it happened often, but I tend to watch the SW movies based on mood more often than a saga marathon. The order in which I watch the films is almost completely random at this point.

Could be Empire, then AOTC, then TFA. With Rogue One somewhere in between, for example.

I did show the GL 6 film saga to a friend of mine, who had never seen it, a few years ago and she liked it!
    We watched in Episode 1-6 order.

17. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I really want to create a day for myself to watch all of Episodes I-IX.

Unfortunately that won't be practical for a long time...

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    I find that watching the whole Saga in one day is too impractical. (I've done that with 1-6 a couple of times, though, but it literally takes all your day).

However, watching a trilogy a day is much more realistic, and I find that it works even better. Each trilogy has a beginning, middle and ending, and somehow, the last chapter leaves you entirely satisfied with the experience (and not exactly looking forward to watch another trilogy straight away!). And you "only" need about 7 hours to do it.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I just don't like being parked on the couch for more than 1 movie. A double feature with a break in the middle for a meal or something is the most I'll do in 1 day.

Blobofat and Dagobahsystem like this.
  20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Unless it's The Fellowship of the Ring as that is like two movies. :D

Sarge likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    About once a year.

Used to be much more often when I was younger, but these days, time's more scarce.

Depending on my mood, I either watch them 4 to 3, or 1 to 6. I used to include TFA as well, but after TLJ and especially after TROS, I no longer plan to include the ST in my Saga viewings.

I do include RO and Solo if I have time though.

Darth Nobunaga likes this.
  22. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I watch each of the Lucas era films about twice per year. ROTS, RO, ANH and ESB are in very heavy rotation currently.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Probably once a year these days, more often when I was younger.

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm kind of like that too. I'd still like to try doing a "Skywalker Sagathon" at some point.

Sadly I've never done a whole six (or more) episode saga marathon in one sitting. I did that with the OT once, and I tried doing them all a few years ago when I had the house to myself for that weekend...but I just didn't have the energy I guess. I stopped by the time I got to ESB. I used to watch the saga about every four months. That was before kids. Now, with four littles, I am lucky to get a chance to watch ANY movies at all more than two or three times a month. As for SW, nowadays I average once every 6-8 months. When I do, however it takes me about three or four weeks to get thru them all. Since I only really have time to sit and watch movies (at least the ones I like) after everyone goes to bed, it usually takes me two or three days to get thru one cos I fall asleep after like an hour of it. I usually do all the saga episodes, with the spinoffs in their places. I try to watch R1 and ANH back to back in one go-I love it that way!

The last time I saw ALL of them was between mid November-mid December, in "preparation" for TROS.

Honestly, reading all these posts, it's interesting to see HOW people like to view them-some just the six, some with TCW attached, some everything etc...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  25. THE CHILD

THE CHILD Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 25, 2020
    All the time, I watch.

lovethedarkside and Bazinga'd like this.