main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How packed was your theatre?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by HaloWithStyle, May 27, 2018.

1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Watching Solo a second time during the 11:45 am show tomorrow. Only one row had seats filled when I bought my tix at the AMC Theatre kiosk today :p

2. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Saturday night second last showing totally full. Watched it at a time and location - rare warm sunny day at a weekend getaway beach town when normally the theater would be empty

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Had about ten other people in the theater when I saw it on Opening Day. Granted, it was a matinee showing.

4. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    When I left the theater yesterday, there were a lot of people at the movies. In my area, it might have been related to the lack of storming that was forecast. Supposedly there was going to be heavy rain all weekend and into today from Alberto.
    One question to go along with this... did anyone's theaters have any special decorations or events related to the opening of the movie? When "The Force Awakens" came out, one local theater had handmade decorations, another one had a big TIE Fighter inside. I haven't seen anything like that since, along with the lack of local news showing up to catch people at the theater.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    My 15:45 showing today had barely anyone there which was a bit weird to see. Somewhere between 10 and 15 people I would say. The cinema gave out sets of Sabacc cards with Han, Chewie, Lando and Qi'Ra on them to everyone that saw the film though so that was a nice souvenir.

6. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Saw it opening night in a smaller theatre, only about 1/3 full. I got there an hour early as we didn't have reserved seats and there was literally no one else there.

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    My theater was mostly full, I on the other hand was lucky enough to have two arm rests for the both of them. One on each side.

Man was the force with me.[face_laugh]:p

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  8. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    My 4DX showing today had few than ten, but it was a matinee and 4DX is expensive and not everyone's cup of tea.

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I saw this last Thursday and the theaters was about 80% full. But that's normal for the theater because no one wants to sit too close to the screen.

10. Lance Toris

Lance Toris Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    75% both times.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Opening night screening was completely full. Went to another right after that was about 70% full. IMAX screen the next morning was about half full.

12. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Thursday preview, 7pm, PLF (Dolby Atmos), sold out.

13. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Thursday preview was completely full (minus the neck-breaker seats upfront).

However, I noticed that the lobby wasn't crowded and bustling this time -- no long waits for snacks, no huge group outings, no kids in costumes. That pretty much squares with the box office totals. This wasn't a cultural event like the previous 3 films, just a fun movie for those who hadn't killed their wallets with Infinity War and Deadpool 2.

14. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    In the Isle of Man it was full. The average age of the audience was much higher than the other Star Wars I’d been too on opening nights in the last few years here.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Watched Solo Tuesday evening (8:10) with my wife. Including the two of us, I believe I tallied all of 13 folks. Now, I know it was a weekday evening showing (one coming on the heels of an extended holiday weekend, no less), but that's still not a lot of butts in the seats.

Which is a real shame, because I could see a lot of people getting a real kick out of this one if they'd give it half a chance. :han::chewie::lando::falcon:

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I said this in a different thread, but I went to the 6 pm 3d viewing yesterday, and the theater was empty but for me. Granted I like times that avoid the times that most people go for and I like empty theaters and have a knack for finding them, but I didn't expect there to be NO ONE in this viewing the first week right after opening weekend. I mean, wow. I expected there to be a theater about 1/4-1/2 full, not entirely empty.

Also, I live in a town of <100,000 people, but this town can fill theaters especially for week 1.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    10% packed both times. It was really, really strange.

18. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    1. First time: Full but first row. Notes that might affect this result: First Friday, Usually busy theater on weekends, was in one of the larger theaters with a higher ticket cost.
    2. Second Night: Full but first row. Notes: Discounted Tuesday with lower ticket price, theater had semi-luxury seating and thus smaller capacity.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  19. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I've only seen it once so far, on opening night. My theater was mostly full. The only seats that weren't taken were the first few rows and a handful of random seats throughout the theater.

20. JawaShuffle

JawaShuffle Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2016
    First viewing was the day it was released. I went to a large cinema- only 4 other people.

Second viewing 2 weeks later. Much smaller complex- about 25 people.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    First time I saw it (opening night), there were maybe ten-fifteen people in the audience. Saw it again today, and was surprised to see that the theater was about half-full (194 seat theater).

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, exactly. Frustrating. Apparently the BO dropped 65% this weekend from last weekend, and last weekend was already low for a SW release. I think most viewers would enjoy Solo if they gave it a chance.

23. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    8-12 people on the first Sunday it was being shown. 11PM.

24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Saw it the day after opening day on a matinee. There was hardly anyone there.

25. Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike Jedi Padawan

Mar 11, 2017
    Opening night (Friday) 7:00 pm, maybe 20 people in the theater.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk