main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So it looks like the last New Items thread got bitten by the missing/truncated post issue. Rather than waiting for IGN Mike to fix it, we have a shiny new one.

So what did you find or buy today?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Let's see... Latest Insider issue and a pack of Fighter Pods. I got Mace Windu and Force Ghost Aayla Secura! :D I'm liking the scale of these Fighter Pods figures; they're to scale with my miniatures and they're cheap. I can sculpt more miniatures in that scale and style, too.

Though, that's of course not counting all the stuff I bought at CVI.

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Bought my first pack of the Series 2 Fighter Pods. I finally have a Princess Leia! YAY! Plus Force Ghost Yoda and Aayla Secura as well. And Luke in orange X-Wing fatigues. Now I just have to score one with Han in Hoth gear and I will be mostly happy.

4. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    An R2-KT challenge coin, an R2-K2 and Wall-E patch and an R2-KT and a Wookie patch to help "Princess" Leah Esquanazi. The latest SW Insider, and the PSWCS Yoda Mid-Atlantic Burn Camp fund-raiser challenge coin.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I also have the PSWCS Yoda Mid-Atlantic Burn Camp fund-raiser challenge coin.

As for my latest purchases... The Official Figurine Collection #54. Well, I bought it off eBay last week. It should (hopefully) be in my mailbox tomorrow. Tracking info says it's in Philadelphia.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was collecting the figurines when they were coming out in the UK.

Picked up the final issue of SW Galaxy in town today. It's a UK magazine that reprints some of the comics. I got it to get 'Boba Fett is Dead' #3 & 4. (Already have 1 & 2). Unfortunately I read on TFN Main that this is the final issue. It's a shame as I don't have a local comic store and this was a nice way to keep up. Also picked up the Official SW Annual 2013 at the same bookstore. The annuals are aimed at kids but I've been getting the SW one for quite a few years here. (SW isn't the only franchise - Dr Who has an annual as well as kids TV series).

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I wish the Figurine Collection and the Starships and Vehicles Collection were sold in the US. I like my magazines to have freebies! But, sadly, only a few comic stores carry the magazines and even then, they only carry certain issues.

You hear that, American magazine publishers? Give us freebies!

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The old Fact Files were the same. When I was keeping that thread going in Lit there were always questions about subscribing from the US. A few people did try but they weren't successful.

9. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I bought two LEGO lightsaber hilts! :D
    Unfortunately, I forgot to buy any blades to go with them. Hehe... oops.

I also have several sets of legs, and a head, and some other miscellaneous stuff. Since I'm still saving up to buy the official Lego Star Wars characters, I'm focusing on obtaining parts for some of the OC's I want to make... including a Sith Stalker and a Marka Ragnos lookalike. (Loki's helmet from the Avengers series and the pronged scepter from the Egypt series are almost perfect for it.)

10. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Got the Clone Wars: Darth Maul Returns Target exclusive DVD

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well... a couple of my local comic stores did sell the magazines, so they acquired them some how. That said, if De Agostini were to release another magazine, I'll see if my local stores can subscribe and get me issues. That's a possible route for acquiring those magazines. If the store can get the magazines, certainly they have a subscription and thus one can use the store's subscription service for their own personal subscription. I use in-store subscription services all the time. They're great. And free.

As for my latest buys... Got another pack of Fighter Pods. I'm building up a nice selection of miniatures now. These are gonna be great for RPing.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the October issue of the UK Clone Wars Comic magazine. I wish it had been Insider instead.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I finally freed my Zuckuss figurine from his cardboard prison and put him up on the pie safe with my mini-bust. For a two-inch-high figure, he's got some weight to him! I doubt the figurine weighs as much as the mini-bust, but it is surprisingly heavy! Are all the figures in the Official Figurine Collection like that? What material are they made out of?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure what they are made of. My Fetts are still on display in their prisons. I think some of the weight might be down to the base.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #136 earlier. I love that pic of Jango on the cover!

16. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I got all the issues to "Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead", since it takes place a couple of years before the Battle of Yavin you may guess how he fares ;)

Actually it's an interesting, if breezy, story and the art work is good.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got them as well - just haven't read them yet.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Delivery man brought my copy of SW Art: Illustration from Amazon UK today.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I preordered the Essential Reader's Companion yesterday. I even decided to forgo getting my hair cut, just so I could get that book. Though, I still ditched my Luke Skywalker moptop (it looks good on Hamill, but not on me). Wanna know how?

I cut my hair myself! :D

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got Reader's Companion on pre-order with Amazon UK. Hopefully it will ship next week.

Been cutting my own hair for years. It's pretty short so it just needs touching up with a hair trimmer every few weeks.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I should invest in a set of trimmers so I can do even cuts. My hair currently is kinda choppy. It's not too bad, but it could stand some evening out. But, I may start cutting my own hair from now on.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought an Amazon UK order containing the SW OT 2013 calendar and a SW Moleskine 2013 Weekly Planner. I'm all set for next year! Still waiting for the Reader's Companion from the same order. Hopefully it will ship next week.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I hope the Essential Reader's Companion ships next week for me, too. I... must... haves... it!

24. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone happen to have a Legacy Collection Tarados Gon? I cant even find Tarados Gon figures at Amazon.

Ebay has only like 2 figures of Tarados but they're bids and not the To Buy now kind.

I swear the Tarados Gon figure is like almost extinct or something lol.

25. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    There's one on eBay now that's of the Buy Now sort, though it's used and loose. :\

My mother bought a Stormtrooper helmet cookie jar she found at a garage sale. I'm kicking myself a little because she beat me to the punch; it was like $10 and looked brand new. But she's since bought me a Weighted Companion Cube cookie jar, so I'm not too jealous.