main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah...I can't defend the Voices Scene.

2. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    Don't even get me started on their version of the celebration. They literally showed like 3 or so planets? 3 random planets from the OT, cause we're...familiar with it I guess. Way to make the galaxy feel like a small place. The special editions got it perfect imo. Nothing beats that happy ending.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  3. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    A few years from now will anyone remember any of these characters in ST? Some hate haydeen but he has the look down. Just looks badass in ROTS and is many fav character same with Luke almost all love him. Yoda and mace baddass, Obiwan one of the bestparts in ot and pt. Villains you got Maul huge fan base, looks cool, great fighting style, arguably best dual in the entire series, Dual of the fates. Count dooku master swordman has a gentlemen aura, great actor who played him, can understand his thought process about Jedi and corrupt republic.
    Vader and Sidious do i need to say anything more. Than you got punching bag Kylo with lame reason to turn dark especially the reason given in the canon comics. Snoke wasted and some tree loving hippie pedo after seeing him in the comics.

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The celebration scene was very similar to the ending of Independence Day

5. at this point i dont care if disney do a old republic movie for me the Star Wars that i know is dead I never felt so depressed watching a movie it feels like a punch in the face
    I think the last episode of Mandalorian it will be the last Disney SW product that I will see
    1-6 are the true story for me there is not sequel trilogy

6. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Luke: Hey Rey, I know the fate of the galaxy is in peril because of a family squabble. But this is your fight.

7. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Ah, but you see, this is now the Palpatine Saga; the Skywalkers were ultimately irrelevant. They don't matter in this new, golden age of crap where 'lol' is more important than lore.

8. SkywalkersFTW

SkywalkersFTW Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2019
    It's pretty late in my country, but looking at the clock indeed it's not even midnight in the US. I'll go to sleep.

I'll probably just stay out of social media during the weekend, I'll binge watch The Witcher and talk about it on Reddit. On Monday I'll be back (or even Sunday), and check out what I missed and how the things have been with audiences and box office.

Again, I may be stupid but I still had a little bit of hope they would retcon this mess. It probably won't happen, so the bad taste in my mouth that TLJ and TROS left won't go away so soon.

Just sucks knowing that the feeling I had after watching TFA's trailer was thrown in the garbage.

MagnarTheGreat likes this.
  9. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    I remember when people said Anakin would be just fan service. But we got Wicket, so screw it, I guess everything is all right then...

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Just got back from the theater. JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS BAD!!! Shockingly bad. Breathtakingly bad! Every single solitary laughably bad leak that came out was completely true! Completely horribly true! Palps coming back getting zero explanation? Rey Palpatine? The Rey/Ben kiss? Ben dying, Rey adopting the Skywalker name? IT ALL HAPPENED AND IT WAS ALL SOOOOOOO FREAKING BAD!!!! Oh my god!

Even all of that stuff aside the whole thing felt like super corny fan fiction. And I agree with John Boyega, I still don't think we really know Rey, Poe, and Finn as well we get to know Han, Luke, and Leia. Did Finn, Poe, and Rey even have more than one actual conversation that wasn't "we need to go here now!" "Look out! Now we need to do this! Where's Rey?"

I can't even articulate how awful that was. What the hell was up with Reylo? Rey girl! That guy tortured you! Attacked and killed your friends! Helped kill trillions of people! What the hell?!?!??!

ETA: I actually enjoyed TFA despite it being ANH clone but now that the ST is over it was not worth it all. Knowing this is were it was all leading I wish they never made these movies. They actually take away my enjoyment of the franchise.

The original movies were incredible but over the years Star Wars has gotten worse. The special editions made the OT worse, the PT was not my thing, and despite a few moments in TFA the the negatives of the ST far out way the positives. What a massive letdown. I have zero interest in future Star Wars movies.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's too cold outside for fan service

Oh...you mean....oh.

godisawesome likes this.
  12. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Man the editing on this was sloppy. You can clearly see material that's cut out, especially as in many cases they kept the pay off. "Not bad for one lesson!", Zorri's return, Finn's message for Rey, etc...

13. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Only now at the end, do you understand.

14. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    And what's up with this desperate need to put a time limit on the battle again? You can convey urgency without a literal countdown timer.

afrojedi, unicorn, ImpKnight and 11 others like this.
  15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Just came back from TROS. I saw the Mandalorian episode the day before.

Reading all the leaks, hating them, then reconciling my views of Star Wars and being done with it at the same energy and then going to see TROS had a strange effect. The decimation of the OT, canon, and retconning everything and accepting the ST is nothing more than an OT reboot it made the film passable. Still wasn't good but I had already emotionally moved on so it didn't bother me. What did was the movie moved at a pace of a crackhead on speed. No moment had the chance to breathe. Seeing the film now - I do believe the critics had an issue with TROS throwing the retconning of TLJ in the audience face - I found that humorous.

LFL got into this position because they didn't plan properly from the beginning. As a result - TROS needed to be two movies - or at least an hour longer - just so it could sink in. There was no time to mourn any deaths because the revivals were like the very next scene - and ever scene had the pedal to the floor.

I know I'm done with Star Wars - probably why it wasn't too bad for me. I've reached the acceptance stage.

16. abbyroads

abbyroads Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    While there was plenty of stuff I liked (namely Lando, puppet Maz, Jannah, and the ending scene on Tattooine shut up I loved it), the rest was pretty okay to really bad. Like Hux being the spy? No mention of the Sith Cult? How the celebration ending ripped of the Special Edition ROTJ ending? Maybe I’m just a bitter turd, but some of this definitely needed to be fleshed out better.

17. SkywalkersFTW

SkywalkersFTW Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2019
    Exactly. C'mon, there's NO WAY THIS ENDING is better or pays homage in a satysfing way to the Original ending. Just NO WAY. It's the most depressing ending possible, Rey alone and the Skywalkers dead and failures.

Meh, I honestly don't know. All depends how things go down from here. If people like TROS and Disney insists on the ST, doesn't make any other interesting stories and doesn't retcon anything, maybe. On the other hand, if the ST is deemed a failure, they may be forgotten.

We all must accept that star Wars is now on competition with the MCU (which ended the first era on the same year of the ST) and those movies are giving joy for kids nowadays. Not to mention the social media is a bigger thing than 99-05, so people who hate the ST can make their opinions heard waaaay easier.

I know the feeling, friend. It sucks indeed. But maybe things will get better, the real Luke Skywalker taught me to never give up on hope.

Edit typo

18. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Well, I've always wanted to make artworks of Rey "Kiara" Skywalker training alongside Luke and Leia, and a giant vortex of pure evil that Darth Sidious has become in post-mortem. :emperor:

They could become iconic in how it should have been.

SkywalkersFTW likes this.
  19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    When Ben and Rey kissed my entire theater busted out laughing. LAUGHING! And when Ben then died everybody laughed some more...as they should've because it was all so hilariously bad!

20. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

https://sea.mashable.com/entertainm...rtha-scene-in-batman-v-superman-is-ridiculous

abbyroads, vncredleader and Shadao like this.
  21. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Hopefully, nothing at all.

What did he mean by that? Genetic inheriting? How does J.J. Abrams believe midichlorians work?

22. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    Pegg is awful because he's a hypocrite of the highest order. He was an entitled, toxic fan of the worst kind to George Lucas, even going so far as to say GL doesn't understand Star Wars.

And then when *he* was in the creative position writing Star Trek Beyond and Star Trek fans were criticising his work and saying he doesn't understand Star Trek, he had the audacity to lash out at the fans. Telling them they don't have the right to criticise a creator like that and that they should show some respect.

His attitude to Star Trek fans, who were much more mild than *he* was to George Lucas, is something I will not forgive. He's an absolute, shameless hypocrite.

23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I should've known the genius behind "Martha" screw it up.

Oh just thought of another thing I hated, zero backstory for what tempted Ben to the dark side other than one line from Palpatine saying he's always been in Ben's head? Terrible. Also terrible? Zero info about the Knights of Ren, which I figured but Jesus man it was heavily implied that the KOR were some of Luke's olds students. That's another thing, what happened to the students Ben left with?

24. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I legit fear the way he dies is something that will be made fun of the way we make fun of the Martha thing in BVS. EDIT: Lol you just beat me to it above.

And my word I hated the kiss. First of all IT WASN'T NEEDED. I would've been fine with a hug or even just a sign of friendship. It just cheapens Rey and Kylo.

25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    They did it to titillate and we know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.