main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Yeah as soon as I hit send I realized I typed the wrong words. Anyway, that other book still got delayed. Maybe the VD should have been delayed.

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So I heard that Finn is revealed to be force sensitive.

This is something that should have happened in TFA.

One of the ways a ST could have been different from the OT is to follow two Jedi I’m training.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Well, I watched it. What a bunch of nonsense. Why did anyone get a writing credit for that movie? There was no story at all, it was more like a string of montages than a real film.

What a mess lol. So glad I stopped believing the ST was canon years ago.

4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    They couldn't even be bothered with his actual set up as a former stormtrooper or make his arc consistent. We're obviously asking for way too much here lol

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Finn didn't even get a triumphant moment in the end battle. It's Janna's cavalry that saves the day, and it's blatantly explained to us that Janna had to teach him how to ride.

Would have loved to see Finn initiate a Stormtrooper revolt and some small use of the Force in the process, hinting at his future journey as a Jedi.

6. Darth Zero

Darth Zero Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2015
    I love this thread.

And it would seem I don't have anything to add upon this tragedy, for everything that needed saying has been said.

God Bless you all. And farewell.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    There's not much to it. We see him go over the side into a deep pit but we don't see him falling down or his body hit the ground. He goes over the edge and then the camera cuts to something else. Then out of nowhere we see his hand appear pulling himself up over the side the edge.

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Rey calls herself Rey Skywalker at the end, did Finn get a last name at the end?

9. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Nope.

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    [face_sigh]

11. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Yep. Like Indiana Jones or Maverick, except you really don't want to see that hand.

12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    He's unlucky in love so he now calls himself Finn Solo. I kid.

13. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    My sentiments exactly. These movie fail to work as sequels to the OT. They are just cheap nostalgia cashgrabs. The fail to develop the post-ROTJ era. They fail to develop the original characters they have. The strongest parts of these movies are just lifted from the OT especially Luke and Vader's arcs for Rey and Kylo Ren. Finn and Poe are pretty much bit characters. Neither Abrams or Johnson manage to create any sort of unique narrative for these new characters in contrast everything is a copy from the OT and that's a tragedy.

14. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I did, but only if Rey got back up after and went Tweety Bird's cameo from Who Framed Roger Rabbit on it.
    [​IMG]

15. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014

He probably had his Mary Poppins moment that Marvel will cover..

16. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I'm sure they'll come up with something just as ridiculous for Finn as they did for Han and Rey. Heck, already Finn's first name wasn't his birth name. The good news is: I don't even care anymore. Finn Dooku. Finn Naberrie. Finn Kenobi. Whatever fanfics from the depths of tumblr exist can be coming to a SW story nearest you.

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    what amazes me are the people , ' it was awful, it makes me mad and sad. I'm going again tomorrow with my friend'

18. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    How does the ten second flashback with Luke and Leia training go? Is there even anything to see beyond the quick de-aging reveal?

19. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I've often pointed out I love the unique combination of qualities Star Wars incorporates as much as I like that which it has traditionally avoided: the myth of the requisite romance. If a person enjoys romance, there is no shortage of content for them. Please keep it out of the foreground of Star Wars. Of course there will be romantic relationships, but that is not what this franchise is primarily for. Except for AOTC - which portrayed a romance which is central to the backstory of the OT - GL was great at allowing the humanity of the characters to show through their romantic feelings for each other without getting all mushy.

This is exactly how I've described JJ on many, many occasions. I have not witnessed anything within his actions or words which make me think he really understands what is happening in Lucas era Star Wars. He gets the surface level stuff, but there is so much nuance and design in every single frame of the first six movies that I think he thinks is just happenstantial.

20. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Nope.

If you just assume "there is nothing more there" than what the leaks stated you'd get almost every question answered.

Agreed. Which is better than what RJ took Star Wars but still - not enough for those who care about the details.

Me accepting that this is not Lucas Star Wars but Disney telling another story based on Lucas Star Wars before seeing TROS made it passable.

21. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    It looked it was from BF2. The Carrie Fisher CGI model looked off.

The only selling point is Leia wielding a lightsaber. Something I have wanted to see since ROTJ.

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    No, we got more detail on the new character's clan that was raided and children taken, but not Finn's. Nothing about Finn's backstory or family is revealed in TROS.

nightangel and AhsokaSolo like this.
  23. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Haha, thanks. So just one or two lightsabers swings and moving on. Well, maybe for the best. Who knows how they would have ruined Luke some more if it went on longer. I'm sure he'll be getting thouroughly humiliated in the Crylo-excuse-fanfic comic.

24. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    And then Finn gets left behind with his real friends when Rey steals Poe's droid and goes off to...farm by herself? Not sure what the point of that was. Who am I kidding, there wasn't one.

25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    What would've happened if Palpatine didn't send out that message? Presumably he could've launched a sneak attack and taken over the galaxy so...why didn't he just do that?

Oh right he came back from the dead so that Rey could kill him! Seriously that's what he wanted at first! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Also...why? Why does he want Rey to take over? Why doesn't he want to keep ruling himself? Oh that's right he later DOES decide he wants to keep ruling as emperor!!!! What sense is that???!?!?

Yes Palpy doesn't look great but he's still very powerful so why does he need Kylo and Rey? He just wants to use them so that he doesn't have to be attached to that metal thing? What is that about?

ETA: The writing in TROS was so god awful it makes me want to write a story that's better than that. I'll freely admit I can't write so maybe I couldn't do much better but I will say that I've seen some story ideas kicked around here by other commenters that are WAAAAAAAY better than what we got in TROS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.