main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    It's annoying that so many people disappear when they die in the ST. Should have only been Luke.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Also Luke and Leia knew about Palpatine and didn't say anything to anybody right? They knew he was alive, they knew Snoke was around, they knew Rey was a Palpatine and TOLD NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!

3. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    Terrible writing.

4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

this clip always has a use

5. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In TFA had Leia say something like " it was Snoke, always Snoke" to Han. Even Han knew it was Snoke. Luke in TLJ talked about Sidious being dead, never alive,lol.

6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Oh, i’m Pretty sure it’s intentional! They had to have known that many people were seriously annoyed with the way Luke was treated in TLJ, but instead of trying to rectify that, they actually have Leia defeat him in a skirmish just like Rey???? Plus, they didn’t do ANYTHING to try to redeem him after that horrible characterization in TLJ. I originally heard that Luke and leia helped Rey defeat palpatine in the leaks. But NO! Can’t have Luke skywalker do anything positive in the supposed conclusion to the SKYWALKER saga!!! Absolutely MUST allow Rey Palpatine to do everything herself.

7. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    No way I'm buying all 9 to get what I want in 4k. I'll just stick with the Blu Ray then.

DominusNovus likes this.
  8. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Him admitting that really means nothing to me. I would have needed to see him redeemed. Besides, I would loathe any reminder of Ahch-To.

The only scene I was ever interested was Luke and Leia as FG showing up and being pivotal in the fight against Palps.

Short of that, the damage was always irreperable for me.

My attachment to stories comes via the characters. By destroying the OT3, I could never do what apparently many do with TROS: ignore that damage and "just enjoy it". I can't watch like that. Not to mention I loathe OP-Rey and Benny Bunny.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    fair enough.

10. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I would have loved for the entire Skywalker family (Han and Padme included, don't even care that it makes no sense) appear as Rey was about to defeat Palpatine.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    aka hack writing, the expertise of the ST writers.

12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Finn and Poe became two completely different characters from TFA/TLJ so that now they basically the same character, but like a two headed snake that is always fighting with itself. They constantly bicker with unfunny banter. It's embarrassingly bad writing and they try to make Isaac and Boyega power through it with high-energy performances. Just bottom barrel stuff.

wobbits, Sgt. Carver, Hernalt and 5 others like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That was crappy way back when in The Corellian Trilogy books over 20 years ago!

Luke has become Worf!

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the message of the movie is that Kylo is Ebenezer Scrooge Solo, it's a Christmas movie, Merry Christmas!!!

rename this movie Star Wars Episode IX: A Christmas Carol. Harrison Ford plays the Ghost of Christmas Past, Leia Present and Luke future. Palpatine is Death.

15. PendragonM

Mar 7, 2018
    What if he'd shown up to save Han? What if we'd had an actual OT3 reunion? Why in the world wouldn't you write that?

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    never saw it that way. [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Prisic Duskleap and starocean90 like this.
  17. asdv

asdv Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    Something tells me that these folks probably don’t think story-telling through at quite the same level that Charles Dickens did.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah don't compare a genius like Dickens to these writers, it's a huge insult to the former.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if one sees all the material whether film or books or history etc that Lucas used to craft his movies compared to the ST guys, lulz, not even comparable.

20. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    You might hear some people say that the final scene at the Lars Homestead is pretty well done even if the story decisions and writing are janky. Like, it's well shot and composed. This is not true.

It looks bad all around. The framing is with tight angles so you can't get any sense of depth or Rey's movements through the environment. The quality of the set itself is not good looking or interesting. When she buries the lightsabers with The Force, it is clearly supposed to be a cool shot, but it just looks dumb. Would have been much more humanizing for her to actually get her hands dirty. The whole thing is just low-grade, more like a tv show than a big budget film.

21. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The dumb Jedi on Rebels should've let Maul use the Malachor device to wipe out the Sith Order and the damn Sith Eternal and this series of films would not have occurred. Thanks Dave...

22. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I never fully understood where the writers/directors of the ST drew the line when it came to nostalgia/fan service (if you can call OT3 reunion fan service). They didn't want to give fans any meaningful fan service (respecting the OT characters, giving them stuff to do) but they were ok rehashing the story, designs etc.

23. PendragonM

Mar 7, 2018
    Uh, Han would like a word....at least Padme has a grave and got a funeral.

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014

Also Leia and Rey have no connection to it, and Luke and Anakin HATED that planet and couldn't wait to leave. Plus it was the sight of much misery for them as well. It was meaningless "fanservice"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Two were literally enslaved on that planet one who was later brutally murdered. I just imagine Luke going to Rey and saying “Do it for symbolic reasons that don’t make sense Rey”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.