main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Yea I wonder about Matt Smith as well. Maybe that can be Episode 10 lol.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The books and comics have been, by necessity, limited in what they did in the post ROTJ era and still the films just couldn't help screwing it all up.

As for the VD not spoiling that the Emperor that was done months ago by LFL blasting the news out across the Internet. The only reason to be evasive is to flog an updated edition or other product in a few months.

I had thought how TLJ related to its tiein material was as low as it could go, but all accounts I've seen say RoS has gone even further. Which is why the only upcoming books I have any confidence in is Freed and Zahn's trilogies. For comics it's the two Age Of OHCs, can't see myself going for the Age of Resistance one - can't think why.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Palpatine to Kylo: I'll throw you in the same way Vader did to me 31 years ago and I'm saying it because JJ Abrams want to make sure the audience will understand this reference to Return of the Jedi (1983) directed by Richard Marquand.

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Palpatine's favorite hobby is watching people watch their fleets get destroyed.

5. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    On the bright side, your wallet will be thankful you don't have to spend money on Rey, Kylo and assorted ST material. :p

Though I still probably would get a Poe omnibus or hardcovers. Far from perfect but those characters left a far more positive impression with me than the ST ones at this point.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I would have spare cash if Big Finish didn't keep announcing cool stuff to prebuy!

darkspine10 and Joystick Chevron like this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    There might of been a scene of various Sith Lords that was cut out've the movie - just like in the Son of Mortis arc where The Son was supposed to have spoke to Darth Revan and Darth Bane over in the well of the Dark Side.

This movie really doesnt lend any credence to Sith spirits, since the Sith Eternal are also a bunch of knowledgeable Sith alchemists and scientists and have been entrusted with Sith secrets and working for over 30 years for this moment, maybe earlier even. Palpatine could not of survived or returned without their aid. This character was plugged into a big machine and he was damaged, decayed and crippled, I don't see how he was a clone of Palpatine but he does seem like died and was kept alive unnaturally somehow. He does have some Force power when he disarms Rey and Ben, but he does not get to pull mega-power until after he drains them and rejuvenates. He's always talking like he is the same guy from ROTJ, ad he even has revenge in mind cause he fell literally by the hands of a Skywalker.

The only thing I consistently liked about Disney's live action films was the Sith cameos in about each new movie they released from Vader to Maul to now Sidious.

8. scottyxander

scottyxander Jedi Knight

Oct 20, 2015
    I just wanna know how you can spend a few billion dollars on Lucasfilms with the plan to make 7, 8 and 9 and not properly plan out a story before hand.

9. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They jettisoned Lucas' outline for the new trilogy and also Arndt's scripts.

10. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Palpatine lifts Ben Solo up over his head. [Triumphant Force theme playing]. He tosses Ben into the chasm and a blue energy flame flies up over his head. He collapses to the ground. Rey runs to him.
    Rey: Grandfather. Are you okay?
    Palpatine: Help me take my hood off.
    Rey: But you’ll die.
    Palpatine: Nothing can stop that now.
    Rey removes his hood to reveal Palpatine’s bowl cut. Rey tries not to appear horrified.
    Palpatine: Now go my grand daughter.
    Rey: No. I’m not leaving you here. I’ve got to save you.
    Palpatine: You already have, Rey. You were right. You were right about me. Tell BB-8 you were right.
    Rey: Grandfather I won’t leave you.
    Palpatine dies. [Somber Emperor’s theme plays]

11. Joystick Chevron

Dec 31, 2017
    No, sorry, he's pure evil. Redemption for leaders of space Nazis is reserved for if you have the right last name. Bonus points if you wobble your lip.

12. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Palpatine[ in full GOT mode]: Come give your grandfather a kiss.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We could have had this. Unfortunately, there was not the appropriate set up. If only Rey had found her way to Exegol, wandered through all the horrifying Sith alchemy apparatuses and then turned around to see Plapy with his shirt off.

14. Joystick Chevron

Dec 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

15. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Ha ha! That line in bold is one of those lines you read that's so good you wish you would have written it. Well done.

16. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

I lost it at "help me take my hood off". I wish that was in the actual movie.

17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]
    =D=^:)^

18. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    As usual with an Abrams film, once you start thinking the entire thing falls apart like a house of cards. LMAO[/QUOTE]

I think Abrams plan was to have the action and editing move so fast, he was hoping no ones critical thinking would kick in.

19. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    I think Abrams plan was to have the action and editing move so fast, he was hoping no ones critical thinking would kick in.[/QUOTE]
    Saddest part is it seems to have worked on some people.

20. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Arrogance.

21. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Kasdan didn't want to deal with TFA. He agreed to deal with TFA as a condition of getting to do his own film, SOLO. So there should not be any major issues that Kasdan had with TFA. It might be basically correct to say that Kasdan did not care what happened in TFA. Kasdan is also quoted as saying he is 'not interested in Star Wars'.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/lawrence-kasdan-done-with-star-wars-austin-film-festival
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ap-...e-past-present-and-future-of-han-solo-2015-12

22. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I just read what the premise and beginning of Lucas' outline for Ep7 are. And also saw some concepts.
    I am crying now. We could have had such a cool SW and instead got dull illogical turd. Also bring me some midi-chlorians and whills plz.

23. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    great guy to have on your team.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I don't know a lot about Alan Horn, but I don't have much faith in Bob Iger. After reading his interviews and passages from his recent book, I think he's very much a part of the problem in all of this.

25. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019

Also

"Alright ma'am! 26 big macs, 35 chocolate milkshakes and 68 chicken nuggets. That'll be-"

"You don't understand"
    "That was merely my First Order"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.