main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    During the Novel Last shot which is set two years after the Battle of Jakku Lando is focused only on his droid business. So I guess he could have ran off to help Luke and he did encounter some Sith Artifacts before but it's kind of a stretch based on what was happening in that novel that Lando is where is is in TROS.

2. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
  3. Starwarsisover

Starwarsisover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2017
    I bet he loved getting paid.

4. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    You know what depresses me the most about this whole thing? I was all for a new generation taking the lead but this trilogy was supposed to be the fulfilment of a dream most of us thought wouldn't happen. Hamill, Ford and Fisher sharing the screen again as Luke, Han and Leia. Let's be honest with ourselves here. Yes we want to see new stories, we want to see the next generation of Jedi and be enthralled by new adventures and new threats but deep down, we wanted to see the trio again, one last time.

This was the one chance the had to do that and they blew it.

5. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    But it's never explained in TROS how exactly Palpatine came back, no?

Mostly Handless and Django Fett like this.
  6. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Of course, I'm just saying that Ian just needs some kind of flimsy justification to be back on board to play Palpatine.

7. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    No he’s just back, with his ROTS line to explain everything/nothing.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  8. Darth Hater

Darth Hater Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2016
    "Dad, will they ever make another Star Wars movie?"

Cut to PJ's ROTK -- "Frodo, my son, can I take a look at that old ring of mine one more time?" "Sorry, Uncle, I'm afraid I lost it."
    "No, son. They didn't."

And all for an emotional reaction that was quickly subverted. /barf

From a certain point of view...

3) TFA is where it was wounded. TLJ that wound had festered into a full blown, puss oozing infection. But the puss was clear, so nobody that a second about it.
    8) In most movies it feels like the characters know why they want the McGuffin, it's just that the audience doesn't know the importance of the McGuffin. In ROS I don't even think the characters know why they want the McGuffin, they only really want it because someone else wants it.

KSennia likes this.
  9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, neither how the death star from Endor could survive.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And this is the big problem - not only is this film screwing over TLJ, but other novels and comics, themselves sold on the basis they all matter which is clearly not so. Thus, in the wake of this film Disney's grand project lies in ruins.

Yes, I don't see any way for them to wreck the small, small list of stuff out in 2020 I'm still getting. But for any other announcement? Say Project Luminous? I will have to be very sceptical. After all, a new film or TV might steamroller it all.

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Well, it can be interpreted as him saying/implying that bringing back Palpatine was wrong from a story perspective.

12. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Before the movie came out I bitched about pre-formed opinions but now that I’ve seen it this is the best thread ever.

13. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    do tell.....

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I honestly never cared that TFA so closely resembled ANH. In my view, the entire sequel trilogy could have been a rehash of old stories, but as long as it completed the timeline that the OT set in motion, it would have been fine. Yea, people would have moaned about it as it was released. Yes, it would have been predictable. But on a long enough time line, it could have been looked upon as exactly what Star Wars needed, a soft reboot, as laying the foundation and as the kick starter for what Star Wars could be for the coming decades. And then something like the ST could happen as a continuation of the the more minor plot lines that were set up in what the sequel trilogy should have actually been. A little long term vision and understanding of trends could have plotted this out.

But instead they went for the immediate cash grab, and ultimately did irreparable damage to the franchise. I still cannot wrap my head around that.

15. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    Compared to what Lucas did the damage is rather light I would say.

16. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    You are not wrong. The worst part to me is they could have done all this in the first two acts of Episode VII and still had the rest of trilogy to do whatever they wanted.

Keep Rey the same, but have her encounter Luke and maybe Han on Jakku and leave with him/them. They return to the New Republic and encounter Leia upset over a well intentioned, but illadvised demilitarization bill the senate has taken up. After embarking on a mission to uncover the truth of the First Order to present to the New Republic, lest that bill be past, Luke dies protecting innocent people - including Rey and Finn - at the end of the second act, like Obi Wan and/or - more actually - like Kanan. This clears Luke of detracting from the new generation, gives the new generation something to fight for and prevents TLJ from ever needing to happen.

PendragonM, kalzeth and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't think you're in the right thread.

18. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    Go away......wrong thread for you, chief.

19. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    On the contrary, Lucas is a genius compared with this awful semblance of a trilogy it’s an embarrassment.

wobbits, KSennia, ami-padme and 23 others like this.
  20. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I know for all the fan service they left out a reunion with the big 3. They really only has the movie for it to happen but still.

21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    it would have been nice to see Han and Lando together.

22. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Yes, another reunion wasted. Sigh.

23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    esp. after Solo. even a flashback. Show young Kylo with Han and Lando in the Falcoln.

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    true

ami-padme and christophero30 like this.
  25. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Honestly I care almost less about seeing the original heroes together than I care about their story being destroyed and their happy ending being stolen from them. The more it sits with me, the more pissed I am that Lando got the same - he sat on a random planet for 20? years being miserable and passive. I guess I don’t know that they’ll incorporate that cut storyline into their EU, but it doesn’t matter. I’m ignoring their EU anyway. It’s enough to know JJ wanted to throw him and his happiness and his success under the bus with Han, Luke and Leia.

wobbits, KSennia, ImpKnight and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.