main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    The most logical place to pick up the threads of a time jump from TFA was Rey training with Luke and rejoining the Resistance and a recovered Finn.

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    There's so few of us....

3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    JB is a godsend. I’ve always said Reylo can not withstand the slightest bit of scrutiny. It hasn’t gotten any mainstream scrutiny because of a so far incredibly effective gaslighting campaign in the press and from LF, but JB seems to have broken the seal. I know in normal world, I haven’t encountered anyone that could defend Reylo on the merits face to face. Even on the internet, pro-Reylo arguments are generally strawmen and constant whataboutism. In person I always get a shrug and some variation that I just can’t take it seriously. Well, when every critique isn’t obscured in condemnation of neckbearded racist Star Wars haters, let’s see if Reylo can survive as something other than crap deserving mockery.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    There aren't enough likes for this. ^:)^

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Especially after Chewie didn’t get the hug after Han died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Hater likes this.
  6. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Personal attacks not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2019
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I just caught up with 12-13 pages in this thread after Boyega's tweets today.... I love him so much.
    His responses are SAVAGE.

[​IMG]
    I literally laughed out loud with "cackles plapily"

[​IMG]
    So. Much. Yes.

Both Jon Boyega and Jake Cannavale (who played the gunslinger in the Mandalorian episode) are probably not going to work in a Disney project anytime soon. And I think they are fine with this. I personally don't have a problem with Reylo shippers, as long as they don't insult anyone. And Boyega offended some of the most hardcore ones by speaking his mind about what he thinks are horrible choices in the ST? Gimme a break. I actually wholeheartedly agree with him. Not sure exactly why you think that either JB or anyone in here did anything wrong just because we don't approve at all of Reylo. It is a toxic and very problematic relationship, and I am very sad that they actually went this way in TROS. It makes a bad movie even worse.

8. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

Pictured above: pre- and post-release press tour of TROS.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    The marketing is a cluster****. Lucasfilm and Disney dropped the ball hard.

I wanna imagine George Lucas sitting back in his Chewbacca chair, laughing like its 2005 and he just dropped ROTS.

10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

Interviewer tried to steer her into saying she loved it and failed.

11. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    And then there was the split-second look from Daisy to JJ when the interviewer asked "Finnpoe or Reylo?" and Daisy said Finnpoe lmaaaao

[​IMG]

JJ looks like he just got stabbed in the heart while Daisy looks like she wants to tear off his face [face_laugh]

12. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    That is....something else. C'mon, Daisy, dust off that twitter account!

Jedi_Fenrir767 and griffon2k like this.
  13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    repost :)

14. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I forgot about this one. Daisy did choose FinnPoe over Reylo! She chooses her buddies over her own ship!

15. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Uh, what? Have I criticized anyone here? On this thread at least? The reylo thread is locked, so I've been lambasting TRoS in other ways.

I commented on JB, because well... money. His opinion of reylo doesn't affect me, hell if he feels that badly about it sucks to be him since he'll always be associated with the movie where it happened. I have nothing to do with this.

I have always, always stated that a fan's person opinion doesn't interest me. I only care about what the movie is presenting and that has been consistently reylo. Social commentary hottakes are flamebait and are worthless to speculation of the themes and character arcs as is readily apparent even if you feel that reylo is terrible.

16. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    Rey's entire character arc was sacrificed to Reylo and the theme was pro-abuse, so it's kinda hard to discuss those topics without social commentary about how toxic their relationship is.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow this is eerily similar to the press tours for GoT season 8.

18. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Fair enough. It was true though.

19. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Well if you’re doubling down on it, you might as well tell me what you said. I missed it before the edit.

20. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    It doesn’t matter. I’ll only get banned.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I must have misunderstood then after reading your previous posts below. It seemed for a minute you were disapproving the topics that people bring up here.

leelaamidala likes this.
  22. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Again, your personal hottake is irrelevant. Unless you want to say that this pro-abuse theme was intended by the mouse? Really?

Because that is not what they are presenting. And the resolution of reylo (the kiss) clearly reflects that.

If you don't like it, think it sends a bad message, whatever, it's irrelevant. That is not what Disney is selling.

Edit:
    I do disapprove of posting personal Twitter screenshots to make fun of fans. No matter how cringey they are and don't think a thread about hating the movie to do it is the right place.

Merrin likes this.
  23. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Then dm me. I won’t report you. If you’re making it personal and doubling down on it, might as well take the response.

24. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    Reylos is trending on Twitter now. The tweets are......um.......

25. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    It's not my "hot take," it's a literal interpretation of the film. Kylo knocked out, kidnapped, tortured, and intimately violated Rey on their first meeting, and proceeded to do horrible things to her for two more movies. Yes, Disney made the decision to sell abuse. They knew people would buy it. People did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.