main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Not really. You can't watch the PT and the ST and not go WTF? The PT definitely lays out the idea that attachment/greed is forbidden and that saving someone you love is an unnatural dark side power. It got dangled in front of a distraught Anakin like a carrot for a donkey by Palps and then Palps slips in that "together we can learn" blah blah blah. Now all of a sudden here comes the ST and supposedly Rey reads about healing and resurrection in the sacred Jedi texts that were not real page turners according to Yoda. Both dark side descendant Rey and dark side Kylo/Ben can just use it all of a sudden? It's no longer unnatural? Attachment is no longer a greed?

The ST makes the PT story pointless because now Anakin never needed to turn he should have just apparently forced his way into the archives regardless of not being a Master and these boring books would have told him all he needed to know. Vader would never have happened.

The thing that cracks me up is now this makes Kylo somehow more powerful than Anakin because Crylo could do this thing Anakin couldn't but really wasn't supposed to??? Craps all over Vader by creating the idea that Kylo IS more powerful and the ignores moral message George intended for the PT. :mad:

Of course those that hate the PT and Anakin's portrayal love this. If you negate a message and just hand the power over to your pet character of course his stans are going to think he's more powerful than the most iconic villain. :rolleyes:

So the ST acts as if Yoda read the texts, knew this power was in them and decided that Padme's life was forfeit?

But then again TPTB wanted their new characters to just take everything away from the previous ones.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    They worked their butts off for 5 years being Star Wars fans and now their show is cancelled [face_rofl]

Nerd Crew for the win!

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It's been so disappointing how the story group couldn't get the Visual Dictionaries right for this trilogy. They couldn't even figure out what the "awakening" was supposed to be and it's in the film's damn title!

The problem with that show was that they only ever talked about Disney Star Wars. If they had included guests who loved ALL Star Wars products and did episodes looking back at some of the influential material that shaped the Star Wars Canon, then they would have a premise for things going forward. But all they really were interested in was the movies and superficial drama. It never felt like a show for longtime fans to me.

kalzeth, Solo88, Def Trooper and 2 others like this.
  4. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    In terms of theme and message, yes, they don't go together at all but in terms of plot, you can leave out the OT easy-peasy. You see the babies at the end of ROTS, you know their names so you know who those Luke and Leia characters are in the ST. You can infer Leia and some Han Solo guy had Benny Bunny. What else do you need plotwise from the OT? Nothing.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    That's why I can only take this as fan fiction... Because if I actually believed this Disney Trilogy was the true Sequel to the PT and OT it would render the six part opus pointless and unwatchable and I won't let Disney do that to me. They took enough when they brought Star Wars and Lucasfilm but I won't let them take away the Lucas Saga as well.

6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

I mean thats what happens when their superiors hire someone like JJ who does things just because they look, sound or feel good.

7. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Star Wars Episode 10- What the hell happened?

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I get that but I guess I would hope people paid enough attention to the story to make them go HUH? When this power is all of a sudden available, found in an old book and used willy nilly. How do you not question that?

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Actually, I don't think it would have been to hard for them to get the "awakening" right. As it stands, it seems more like a straight up error, not a creative dilemma. More incompetence on their part than problems with the films themselves.

10. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well it still means that the Force was awakened in Rey because of Kylo rising.

But in real life the awakening is meaningless beyond it being a meta title JJ thought was cool. They did they best they could do with it.

Immortiss, AgentCoop and Count Yubnub like this.
  11. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Sadly, for me, I think they have taken away the Lucas saga as well. I haven’t been able to bring myself to watch any of the OT ( or PT) films since I made the mistake of going into the theater to see TLJ. I can’t unsee what I saw in that horrible film, and I haven’t watched a single SW film or read a SW book since then. ( I used to purchase every SW book on the day of release, for decades.) That’s how much damage this ST has done for me anyway. Seeing Luke, Leia, and Han in the OT, and knowing what is in store for them in the future, would just ruin everything.

I didn’t even like TFA, because there was NO new jedi order in the first film after RETURN OF THE JEDI; and everything was pretty much a retread of earlier films that did it all much better.

12. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Kylo: I happened.
    Rey blushes.

AgentCoop, Shadao and Miles Lodson like this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Why does it mean more than what Lucas wrote on his treatments or Legends?

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    The actor portraying Sheev Junior is 30ish. That'd make Sheev Junior's birth post-ROTS. Now they have to incorporate that into stories. Yikes.

15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Why did the Force even need to be awakened in Rey? How is Kyo the "darkness rising", and how is Rey "the light to meet it" when Palpatine, who's wayyyyyy more darkness then Kylo, is actually literally returning/rising to life again, and his entire plan hinges on setting up a family line and using his own granddaughter's force powers?

KSennia, Immortiss, kalzeth and 13 others like this.
  16. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Because they had no idea JJ would come back.

The explanation will be that Palpatine was a zombie though.

17. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Have you read the TROS visual dictionary? That's not what it says . . .

18. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    What does it say then?

19. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I haven’t read what it says on this point and now I’m curious. Please spill! :D

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Episode X: The Force Hits the Snooze Button and Rolls Over
    Episode XI: The Really Very Last Jedi, For Realsies, This Time We Really Mean It
    Episode XII: The Deflation of Skywalker

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Ep10: The Return of Lucas

22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

Seems to be something the editors should have caught. It straight up contradicts how the events of TFA play out.

23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    “The attack on my life has left me scarred... and deformed... But not that deformed, ladies! Bow chicka wow wow!”

24. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    [face_laugh] The SG must laugh that people are still buying this crap. It’s straight up phoned in, probably while they’re watching Real Housewives.

25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Does the "there has been an awakening" happen before she finds the lightsaber?

ImpKnight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.