main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Well, Rey certainly never “persuaded Luke to teach her in the ways of the Force” in TLJ. That’s another mistake in the book.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Yep, it's right after they leave Han's ship, where he tells Kylo that they're with Han now.

Not to mention what alerts Kylo to her is the officer saying she, BB-8 and Finn stole a freighter...

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yep that's definitely a mistaken then. Still it seems the awakening still means the same thing, but they stuff up the timeline of events in that book.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Does anyone else feel like the Sequel Trilogy has ruined the Sequel Sequel trilogy?

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Not just any sequel sequel movies, but any prequel prequel movies as well

6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Most definitely not. It has made it impossible to make a Sequel Sequel trilogy, especially since none of the actors will ever return for that.
    And that, is a very very good thing in my book. I do NOT want more sequels. And I am not sure I want more Star Wars movies ever in the future.
    For now, I am good with TV being the Star Wars medium. Talented people seem to be on top of it.

[​IMG]

7. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think there *may* have been a point if the argument was supposed to be “you don’t have to be born into a story to become a part of it” argument... but that was always tricky because TLJ and TROS would have to really make the story feel like Rey was earning her way to that spotlight, and neither was ever really interested in that.

And, to add to the risk, if you’re not careful, you can make it so that your intended starring character becomes a supporting character, or so dependent on another character it’s hard to argue they actually “seize the crown” so to speak.

TLJ pretty clearly kicked Finn out of the spotlight in favor of other characters even when he’d arguably already accomplished earning his shot at the spotlight, and it and TROS both worked to make Rey dependent on Kylo’s story and twisted the entire plot into a pretzel to do so, horribly damaging Rey’s characterization and utility as a lead in the process.

It’s the worst possible way to try and send a message if you also show a bias towards the exact opposite thing with a loathsome villain getting privileges the hero is being denied.
    What that says *to me* is: “Look, we had people who were very aware of the issues with the entire romance... but we also had a bunch of people who were very convinced that the kiss had to go in for various reasons. You can tell which side won out in the end.”

I still think the support in LFL for the romance was more the result of removing Rey as the Skywalker, and thus boosting Kylo even beyond the support he had being played by Kennedy’s pick, than it was a conscience overall choice. It’s easy to see the “we have to do this argument” being more along the lines of “Rey *needs* a tighter connection to the Skywalker Saga, and a romance with Ben will do that.”

It’s still really, really stupid and self-defeating, but I think it’s more that than anything else.

8. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011

We can't let this trilogy ruin the rest of SW.

KSennia and AgentCoop like this.
  9. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    Once again your referencing the book if someone decides to throw out what’s in the book then it doesn’t matter. Whether the book says they are named after Sith or something else I’d someone does a KOTOR film and makes him a Jedi that doesn’t become a Sith (not sure why they would but whatever) it doesn’t matter all of the info is in a reference book that have been contradicted throughout the trilogy.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ''Things you didn't need to know'' Are they joking? So they had an actual explaination but they just kept it from us [face_waiting][face_plain]

11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Do you think they are going to manage to not screw up the Obi Wan Kenobi show? They could absolutely jack up the lore and PT story in flashbacks there too..

kalzeth, ami-padme, Jedi Ben and 3 others like this.
  12. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Dude the moderators asked us to drop this conversation.

godisawesome and AgentCoop like this.
  13. Jedi_Fenrir767

Oct 16, 2013
    Sorry didn’t see the mod post office as just replying thanks for the info i will drop it.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I know it. I wonder if that’s out of fear of comparisons to the PT or maybe they’re afraid that having multiple Jedi would make the good guys overpowered and lessen the specialness of the Jedi. That’s my guess.

Shadao likes this.
  15. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Everything outside of the ST has been well done (personally, I know this post wasn't addressed to me). I think it'll be fine.

16. Jedi_Fenrir767

Oct 16, 2013
    Most of the people that started the show left in fact most of collider has left to be honest. After Campea left and Schnepp passed the place just stared falling apart.

17. Jedi_Fenrir767

Oct 16, 2013
    Star Wars Episode 10 the spaceball incident also known as the quest for more money.

AgentCoop likes this.
  18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I liked R1, Solo, The Mandalorian. But when dealing with Obi Wan it could touch more around the PT era in flashbacks and I don't want to hear Obi Wan make some dingbat comment like Luke did throwing the PT Jedi under the bus...

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    How did Snoke know that Rey and Kylo were a dyad? Just because the Force awoke in her?

20. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    And Rey didn't know the Force was real until what, maybe two days ago? When did this "deeply held faith" develop?

21. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well I think that acknowledging that they made mistakes is fine. That's what GL approved in TCW after all.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. DominusNovus

DominusNovus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2017
    “I have a boyfriend... wait, is that your Star Destroyer?”

23. Jedi_Fenrir767

Oct 16, 2013
    He knew because they needed them to be a Dyad in this film. **** just happens cause you know that’s how the force works a deus ex machina plot device.

24. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I read Master and Apprentice but I can't remember if this stupid dyad was one of the prophecies mentioned in it? Or is it another one of those things that just came up for this movie?

25. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019

When I saw this scene in theatre I teared up. My boy Hux giving a heroic speaking, bringing order to an unruly galaxy, and ending the hypocritical, corrupt, and treacherous New Republic.

I stupidly believed Lucasfilm had a plan. That the First Order would be this well developed faction——either a love letter to Neo-Zeon or the Imperial Remnant. Shame on LFL for ruining this new setting so hard and diminishing all of the good will TFA brought them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.