main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, good luck with that now! [face_laugh]

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Someone please lead me to the pot of gold anti Ren memes.. I need them..

3. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Where was she when wardrobe put AD in those girdle pants then?

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm going on the assumption that, with this film being the way it is, if they don't already exist, they very soon will.

wobbits likes this.
  5. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Yes they were divisive. No one can really dispute that. It’s just simply not true to say that fans didn’t like them.

6. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I think that The Last Jedi is complete donkey ****e, but we watched Knives Out last week and really enjoyed it. It's a fun movie. Not mind blowing in its brilliance but certainly a couple of hours well spent.

indydefense and 3sm1r like this.
  7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    They made Mulan drool when Shang wore them. KK figured it was a good look. LOL

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Welll....that "i need a hero" music video with Kylo Ren 'fighting' the KOR is making the rounds. That was funny. But not intentional.

-LordSkywalker- and ThisIsTheWay like this.
  9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I love me some Chris Evans but I won't go see that movie even for him.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  10. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Every fandom does a "Holding Out for a Hero" song vid but ugh...seriously? Who's singing it?

Alliyah Skywalker likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Main problem with Kylo is that he's essentially exactly like that character Matt the radar technician from the SNL sketch. Until DS II, after he's stabbed and he sorta morphs into Ben simply cause she healed him. And we have that little scene with his father who forgives him or Ben forgives himself its unclear and left to the viewer. Anyway, its weird as its not a conventional SW ghost more like a Mortis vision or something he experiences. But I think that scene was one of the better scenes, it kinda worked but the movie didn't kinda deal.

TLJ attempted to make him a lil more sympathetic at the expense of the Luke Skywalker and the conflict of killing Han and that hesitation to reluctance to kill his mother. Luke's lies brought them closer as well as there lack and/or quality of parental figures where these two are basically left on their own and live very troubled to brutal lives. But Rey fell in love with Kylo when he took his helmet off in TFA, I don't think that was ever in doubt as far as the story and the mutual attraction displayed in the movie when I first saw it.

Does Ben become "good", probably his sacrifice to save Rey by giving his life for hers, makes him good at the moment. But I think the movie would better have ended with Rey adn Ben both dying like a Rogue One ending.

12. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Ben forgives himself. lol Yeah, cuz the story was about how Ben was too hard on himself, and finally needed to forgive himself for past transgressions. That kind of story happens when a character has been paying for his sins for years, and then finally forgives himself, and moves on. It makes no sense whatsoever for an evil murderer to be like "Yeah, I've forgiven myself. I'm cool now. You can't arrest me".

13. jediela83

jediela83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I have just watched two you tube vids of this. Both had Bonnie Tyler singing it and both were so bad they were funny. How anyone thinks he is a hero makes no sense to me. For heavens sake he is a man responsible for the murder of billions. What made it worse was having to endure several minutes of footage from that awful film again

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

14. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Wait. I thought those were made as a joke. Those were serious?!! lol

15. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    GL also invited Seth MacFarlane over to Skywalker ranch to discuss the Family Guy Parodies and I think he watched them later with him. He is not stingy with parodies of SW.

IMO both Spaceballs and FG were made with a lot of care and love for the source material (as is the Orville for Star Trek). This is not something I can say for the ST. That one joke in the Empire Family Guy Parody (was it Something Something Darkside?) where Leia adresses the rebel pilots on Hoth and one asked "can we talk to someone from the military? A man perhaps?" was a more funny social commentary than anything in that drawn out, on-the-nose Holdo/Poe plotline. And it was funny to boot because noone questioned Leia`s orders or capabilities in this movie from 1983 on terms of her gender. But it is suddenly a big problem for Smuggy McBallgown in a movie in 2017. Because if you dress or act inappropriately or incompetently for your military posting, there can only be one reason for a negative reaction to that.

16. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Can't really say exactly what he'd do if he survived, since he didn't. I'm sure Rey would try to stop them from executing him at least.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    There's also the infamous Georgie Edit but there's lots of reasons for why that was not nor ever will be official!

18. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I predicted everything in that movie because it was the same plot points he used in TLJ.

I knew Chris Evans would end up being revealed as "good" mid way, join up with the hero, only to reveal himself to be the true villain all along. It was Kylo/Rey to its core. Only strangely done way better. Chris Evans' character actually got punished and went to jail for his crimes.

19. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    It's not even that. It's ... as a character, Ben just forgives himself. And that's before he does anything to even be forgiven about.

20. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019

Not sure if this was posted here before, but man, this video gets right into everything I hate about Kylo's "arc". The dude just doesn't hold up at all when you put him up against any decently-written villain.

KSennia, wobbits, Deliveranze and 4 others like this.
  21. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    How old are you? I had lots of friends who were into the prequels. I'm 28.

KSennia, Deliveranze and kalzeth like this.
  22. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    He has spoken.
    Yeah, the first "Kylo Ren, Feminist Icon" picture I saw made me snort, but it's not so funny when you realize people are dead serious.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You have known the power of the Dark Side, but it is time to end this destructive conflict.

We have a new forum. And with it, new opportunities. We have decided that BOTH "sanctuaries" will be closed, and everyone will be expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner, in the spirit of discussion. It's been fun "hating" with the rest of you, but it's time to find our way back to the light. Happy posting!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.