main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Mara Jade - post-TTT AU (L/M) - COMPLETED - sequel A/N & ginchy-shine posted 12/6/11!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    this is good so far!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes:

I apologize profusely for towing with my readers' emotions during this fic. Actually, no I don't. Muahahahaha! [face_devil]

Hazel:

Glad you enjoyed it. :) And you never know, Yoda might be a good kisser!

Briannakin:
    Kyp is sooo evil.
    Maybe...maybe not. You will have to keep reading. :)

Lane:
    So, you can tell that he needs a friend but you're not willing to call him out on the whole "I'm running this Order, I can't possibly involve myself with someone" thing?
    You may really like the next chapter. Just sayin.
    *Insert Lane commenting wryly that the problem would solve itself if they just jumped each other here*
    You may really like the chapter after that. Or not. Just sayin.
    Okay Luke, let's play a little game.
    Mara Jade was the Emperor's Hand for a number of years. It doesn't get more Sith-y than that. Mara Jade just said that she's getting a Sith-y vibe from Kyppie. Do you:
    A) Shrug Mara off and trust Kyppie
    B) Buy into what Mara's saying and investigate
    C) Completely forget what the hell she just said because sweetmercifulkriff there's a very hot ginger sitting right in front of you and all you want to do is jump her bones

I like Option C! He can Option C me any time! ...did I just say that out loud?
    I have to give you enormous props here. Most writers (myself especially included) would use this as an opportunity to launch into a long, verbal explanation. You've gone with a perfectly understated line.
    Thanks!!! [:D] I do have a tendency to get long-winded, and that's when I bring out my red pen of DOOM.
    You're mean, you know that Nanci?
    You've made me want to smack these characters and rip my hair out at their idiocy. You've made me flail when they give in for just the briefest moment. Now you're causing my sides to rip apart because I'm laughing SO DAMN HARD

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Careful, Nanci, you might accidentally launch a legion of Luke/Corran shippers
    Yeah...um...I'll be in my bunk. :p
    You're really adding some fascinating layers of suspense to this fic
    MUAHAHAHAHA...sorry, had a cough there.

MasterJ:
    [space reserved for a super long post because I have forgotten to reply]
    I'm preserving this for prosperity in case you forget again! ;)
    *sees Kyp and Jim Kirk tackle each other in her mind, shirtless. And see Spock and Jag doing absolutely nothing to stop it*
    I am getting a nice mental image of Chris Pine shirtless. I'll be in my bunk again.

kataja:
    Another great chapter!
    Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it!
    Aww! I love to see the 'sweet' trait in Mara!
    It's all that time around the farmboy!
    ...should have known he knew?
    He ALWAYS knows. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake! Oh wait, that's Santa Claus. Damn holiday music!
    Love that scene!!! You really have a knack of writing good tete a tetes
    Thanks so much! [:D]
    But most of all I look forward to all the steps on Luke and Mara's rocky road!
    And you know it'll be rocky, 'cause there's still 16 more chapters to go! :eek:

FelsGoddess:
    What an...interesting mental image.
    Awww, nobody likes Yoda? :*

Queen Bee:
    Thanks! Glad you're enjoying, and hope you stick around and keep reading! :D

PM list:
    Jade_Eyes
    Overboard4aFel
    madman007
    Briannakin
    Lady_Jedi93
    Hazel
    kataja
    Jadestar28
    Mira_Jade
    Lane_Winree
    cggunnersmate
    Irish_Jedi_Jade

Please let me know if you'd like on or off!

Next post should be up on Wednesday, and then I'll be taking the weekend off since I'll be out of state for Christmas. But I hope that the next chapter provides some holiday cheer for all. [face_love]

3. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

Okay, I lied...I'm updating today! Blame my "I can't wait to post-itis."
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and to those who don't, Happy Lifeday! I hope this post brings you some holiday cheer. I think it might. We'll see. :D

A/N: Song for this chapter: Reflections of Passion, Yanni

CHAPTER 10

The next several days fly by swiftly, and we all can?t stop speculating about what really happened to Jes Gantoris. Cilghal, who has been studying Jedi healing techniques, isn?t able to determine a cause of death. From her examinations, it seems as if Gantoris dropped dead of his own accord, but we all know better?that Exar Kun?s spirit most certainly had something to do with the man?s death.

Corran and I keep our suspicions about Kyp Durron to ourselves, but make it a point to keep an eye on him as much as possible. Corran takes to practically trailing him everywhere, which is fine by me. To Durron?s credit, he seems genuinely distraught over Gantoris?s death and, when Luke questions him, doesn?t appear to have been involved. I know that Luke would be able to tell if Durron was lying directly to his face, but I still believe that there is more to the story than the boy is telling.

Luke doesn?t press the issue, but he does grow even more attentive to his golden-boy student, as if he believes that the extra attention will keep Durron on a straight and narrow path. I know that Luke feels responsible for what has transpired, so he will therefore try to ensure that nothing bad happens again on his watch; and to do that, he will take even more control over his Academy, much to my dismay.

Thankfully, Luke?s spirits are brightened by the arrival of Han Solo and Chewbacca, who?ve offered to bring some much-needed supplies to the Academy; no doubt Leia Organa Solo had some influence in convincing Han to make the out of the way trip, and I can?t help but wonder just how much of Luke?s mood she can sense from all the way on Coruscant.

When I head out to the landing platform to help unload the supplies, Luke is already there, talking and laughing with his old friends. Han flashes me a roguish smile when he sees me.

?Why hello there, Jedi Jade,? he greets.

I roll my eyes. ?Please, don?t call me that. It sounds ridiculous.?

?Now you know how I feel,? Luke interjects.

?Don?t you worry, there?s no way in hell that I?m ever calling you ?Master Skywalker,?? Han teases, and Chewbacca growls in agreement. ?Do you actually call him that, Mara??

I shrug. ?I have to. He makes me.?

Luke?s mouth drops open in protest. ?I do not!?

?Oh yes, he does!? I tease, my voice dripping with sarcasm. ?He just loves it when I call him ?Master.??

?Yeah, I?ll bet he does,? Han mumbles under his breath, causing Chewbacca to guffaw loudly. Luke turns bright red and keeps unloading the supply crates, avoiding the rest of us, but I turn to Han with my hands on my hips.

?Excuse me?? I ask indignantly.

Han smiles, looking proud of himself. ?What??

I narrow my eyes at him. ?You just watch yourself,? I hiss, pointing my finger in his direction.

?I?d tell you to do the same, but I think Luke does enough staring for the both of you.?

My eyes widen in shock, and I drop the crate in my hands and stalk forward until I?m right in Han?s face?as much as I can be at my height. He continues to smile, refusing to back down. My icy exterior hardens as I begin to wonder what exactly Luke has told Han about our ?relationship.? Han is his best friend, and more than anyone Luke would turn to him for advice.

Or maybe Han is just way more perceptive than anyone believes.

I roll my eyes and turn away before making a bigger deal of the situation than it needs to be. ?You just watch it, Solo, or I?m gonna comm your wife and tell her about that extra crate of ale you brought and say you intend to corrupt her brother.?

?Hey! I?m sorry, okay? Leia doesn?t need

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I know that Luke feels responsible for what has transpired, so he will therefore try to ensure that nothing bad happens again on his watch; and to do that, he will take even more control over his Academy, much to my dismay.

Yes, that old, bad circle? [face_worried]

?Oh yes, he does!? I tease, my voice dripping with sarcasm. ?He just loves it when I call him ?Master.??

?Yeah, I?ll bet he does,? Han mumbles under his breath, causing Chewbacca to guffaw loudly. Luke turns bright red and keeps unloading the supply crates, avoiding the rest of us

Tee-hee! And with a nice little wink to Destiny's Way! ;) Use like this, before an acknowledged relationship, it's even better!

?You just watch yourself,? I hiss, pointing my finger in his direction.

?I?d tell you to do the same, but I think Luke does enough staring for the both of you
    .?

Good, grief Han Solo ? you?re too open mouthed for your own good! :oops:

?You just watch it, Solo, or I?m gonna comm your wife and tell her about that extra crate of ale you brought and say you intend to corrupt her brother.?

?Hey! I?m sorry, okay? Leia doesn?t need to know anything about that! Mara? Mara
    !?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] she knows where to punch huh?

Absolutely loved the Han& Mara exchange! Good that Han called on Mara what she?s going to do about it! She?s the only one who can!

Before I can even bring up my hand to knock on his door, it slides open by itself.
    "He knows if you are sleeping he knows when you're awake..." You know, I'd much prefer Luke to do that than dear old Santa... [face_thinking] [face_devil]

I slowly walk into the other room, pausing just beyond the doorway, all too aware that this is the first time I have been inside Luke?s quarters, and I am already in his bedroom.
    Yeah, well, happens?:p

?You can?t do everything by yourself, Luke. You?re going to break if you keep this up.?

?No, I won?t.?

I sigh and shake my head in aggravation. ?And you say I make things difficult
    .?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sensing my thoughts, Luke opens his arms and, against my better judgment, I press myself against him, sighing into his embrace. Through the Force, I feel the turmoil that rages inside of him?his desire for happiness battling with his very real fear of following in his father?s footsteps.

Slowly, I feel him relax against me, and I know which side has won the battle. His hand begins to move up and down my back, but I tense and pull away before anything else can happen. He may have decided to let his desires win out this time, but I cannot afford myself that luxury. I cannot let my heart rule my head. I throw up all my shields as I remember Corran?s words of advice to me: Try not to get hurt
    Mmmh. Things are indeed difficult, aren?t they? ;) Lovely tensions nearly breaking through here! [face_blush]

You?re being so stupid?I mean, do you seriously think that love is going to make you turn to the dark side?!?

Love.

I regret the word as soon as it leaves my mouth. For long moments we stand still, staring at each other, the word thick in the air that separates us, like smoke. The word echoes inside my mind, taunting me, reminding me of what I can never have?because Luke will not allow himself to care?and of what I never knew I so desperately wanted.

Love.

Incensed with myself, I turn on my heel to leave. I am no longer the old Mara Jade, who was once the Emperor?s Hand. I have not been that woman since Wayland, and I do not want to be her ever again. But now, with that word finally admitted aloud, I once again envy the girl who was always able to ignore her feelings and focus on the task at hand. She would never have so innocently uttered that word
    No, she wouldn?t. But though canon made it take 10 years for Mara to move to this point, this makes much more sense!=D=

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Yeah, I?ll bet he does,? Han mumbles under his breath
    Or the other way around. [face_whistling]

[face_laugh] Han is such a brat.

Awww.

=D=

6. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    She?s drinking heavily, Chewie, you know what that means?it?s serious?Ow! That hurt, Mara!?

[face_laugh]

Han/Mara interaction was adorable - these two have so much in common, especially the soft spot for certain twins. :D

Mmmmm... wonder what happens next. [face_mischief]And Merry Christmas! [:D]You're a wonderful writer and you bring a lot of joy in your readers' lives - especially when you don't kill anyone. ;)

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Love.

Before I can leave, Luke?s hand is on my arm, pulling me back to him. His touch is firm but gentle, warm and tender. His eyes are filled with passion and desire. He stares at me for a long second.

And then we are kissing again.

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Still, why do I get feeling this isn't definite, yet?

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too, Nanci!] @};-[:D]

8. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Thanks for the update!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS[face_dancing]

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?Where?s the?Jedi training?for this?Master??

?Sorry,? he chokes out. ?Master Yoda never?kissed me in the?middle of a?lesson and then?made me laugh?uncontrollably.?

Best. Line. EVER! =D=

And then:

?Promise me you don?t do this with any of the other apprentices.?

?What, Corran never told you about our tickle fights??

Was almost as good. :p

Those two deserved a moment like that. [face_love]

And, for the love of everything good in the world, this has to be one of the best fics I have read in a very long time. Your romance flows easily from the page (even when I would like to beat them in the head) and my danger sense was swirling as much as Mara's at parts.

You had some great eeriness building on the way to the temple, and discovering the body . . . :(

And then, chapter 10 was just a good a read! :D

?Don?t you worry, there?s no way in hell that I?m ever calling you ?Master Skywalker,?? Han teases, and Chewbacca growls in agreement. ?Do you actually call him that, Mara??

?Yeah, I?ll bet he does,? Han mumbles under his breath, causing Chewbacca to guffaw loudly. Luke turns bright red and keeps unloading the supply crates, avoiding the rest of us, but I turn to Han with my hands on my hips.

I love how, after everyhting Luke as done and will continue to do - he's just so wet behind the ears still! He's adorable. [face_love] Han's teasing was the perfect thing to break Luke's tense mood. :)

He shrugs. ?I could tell by the way he acted around you. He didn?t wanna leave your side. And then all that stuff with C?baoth happened and he gave you his old lightsaber, and, well, you?d have to be an idiot not to figure it out after that.?

Everyone knew but the two idiots in question, then. [face_laugh] :oops:

In that moment, it is unspoken between us. I will never let myself say it out loud, but I know that, for better or for worse, that?s what this is?

Love.

That last scene had an amazing amount of character exploration - and even development. Luke's concerns were well played - and so were Mara's. [face_love]

Yep. I forsee a light amongst all the mire they are going to be put through before this ends . . .

Lovely writing, as always. =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I haven't even read the chapter yet and I'm gooified. As in totally vanished -- sighs!

Perfect, perfect song!

SQUEE!

[face_love]

You have some splendiferous talent in matching moods of chapters to songs!!!!

[face_dancing]

~
    Ok. :D Han is a trip! A total and wonderful trip! [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love Han and Mara friendship moments and you just know their snark just feeds off one another's superbly. ;)

And the L/M scene at the end -- marvy, marvy.

Yes, indeedy. Let's call it love.

:)

!!!!!!!

11. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    The next several days fly by swiftly, and we all can?t stop speculating about what really happened to Jes Gantoris.

I've got an idea. You might want to look into the existence of one EXAR KUN :p

I mean, He gave you the Sith-eyes! It's plausible he's responsible!

Corran takes to practically trailing him everywhere, which is fine by me.

Five credits that Corran has at some point said that he'll trail Kyppie because he learned how to discretely track suspects while in CorSec.

Thankfully, Luke?s spirits are brightened by the arrival of Han Solo and Chewbacca

HAN!

CHEWIE!

You know what this means. Time to break out the sabacc cards, the ale, and throw an anonymity mutiny.

?Why hello there, Jedi Jade,? he greets.

I roll my eyes. ?Please, don?t call me that. It sounds ridiculous.?

Better answer: "Why hello there, General Solo."

Oh, the ways that I can take this out of context. The wonderful, naughty, dirty ways I can take this wildly out of context.

Stop encouraging me with lines like this, Nanci :p

Ever get the feeling that Mara and Han would make awesome drinking buddies? There's a fic in there. You should totally write it :D

I narrow my eyes at him. ?You just watch yourself,? I hiss, pointing my finger in his direction.

Oh! Oh I hope that was the Han Solo point.

You know, the one where has his head bowed ever so lightly, eyes narrowed, finger pointed right at the unsuspecting target's chin, tight frown on his face.

That Han Solo Point. :D

My icy exterior hardens as I begin to wonder what exactly Luke has told Han about our ?relationship.? Han is his best friend, and more than anyone Luke would turn to him for advice.

Or maybe Han is just way more perceptive than anyone believes.

You know, he really is. There's a passage in Solo Command where he talks about why he left the Falcon with Leia while she was off on her merry escapades with the Hapes consortium. That's one of my definitive profic Han Solo moments.

I roll my eyes and turn away before making a bigger deal of the situation than it needs to be. ?You just watch it, Solo, or I?m gonna comm your wife and tell her about that extra crate of ale you brought and say you intend to corrupt her brother.?

?Hey! I?m sorry, okay? Leia doesn?t need to know anything about that! Mara? Mara!?

What is it going to cost me to get you to write a little Han and Mara adventure vignette?

Luke does a good job of seeming engaged in the conversation, but it?s obvious through the Force that he is distant. His mind is elsewhere, as it has been since Gantoris was found dead in Exar Kun?s temple. If Han realizes this, he doesn?t say a word, but instead keeps giving Luke reports from the mopping up action against the Imperial Remnant.

If it was Leia that sent Han, good on her. Luke really needs a friend (of the non Mara Jade class) right now.

I can?t even imagine what the situation in the galaxy would be like if Grand Admiral Thrawn had been victorious, and am eternally grateful that never came to pass.

We all are, sister. While he was a totally awesome villain, a Galaxy ruled by him would have been somewhat of a bummer.

Han cracks open a bottle and passes it to me across the table. ?You supposed to be drinking, Jade? Is ?Master Skywalker? okay with that?? he smirks.

?Oh, shove it,? I reply before downing a large gulp from the bottle. ?I?m done for the day, as a matter of fact.?

Oh yeah.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That. Was. AMAZING!!!!

I loved the Han/Mara conversations but the Luke/Mara part was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

[face_love][face_dancing][:D]=D=@};-

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOOOOOO!

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    While I'm waiting on the phone to change my cancelled flight reservation (yay for holiday blizzards and being snowed in! o_O ), I'll respond to comments!

kataja:

--I know that Luke feels responsible for what has transpired, so he will therefore try to ensure that nothing bad happens again on his watch; and to do that, he will take even more control over his Academy, much to my dismay. --

Yes, that old, bad circle?

It really, really is, especially since you know that even if Luke does get over this one issue, he'll ALWAYS have a hero complex. That's just who he is.

Tee-hee! And with a nice little wink to Destiny's Way!

Oh I love that scene in Destiny's Way! :D More on "Master" in the next chapter... ;)

Good, grief Han Solo ? you?re too open mouthed for your own good!

Corellians! [face_mischief]

--Before I can even bring up my hand to knock on his door, it slides open by itself. --
    "He knows if you are sleeping he knows when you're awake..." You know, I'd much prefer Luke to do that than dear old Santa...

You and me, both! Unfortunately I did not wake up to a Luke Skywalker under the tree. :(

No, she wouldn?t. But though canon made it take 10 years for Mara to move to this point, this makes much more sense!

TEN YEARS!!! :headdesk:

You know that's one of the most used clichées you use here, don't you? But damn it's good when it works - and it really works here!

Thanks!!! I'm glad you liked it. :D

Enjoy and relax and everything else and then when you're done, hurry back to us who're eagerly waiting for your next post!

Well I'm snowed in, but luckily I brought my USB key so I can post my next chapter tonight!

FelsGoddess:

Han is such a brat.

He really is! Thanks for reading!

Piper:

Han/Mara interaction was adorable - these two have so much in common, especially the soft spot for certain twins.

Thanks. :D They really do!

You're a wonderful writer and you bring a lot of joy in your readers' lives - especially when you don't kill anyone.

Awwww, thanks. :D And don't worry, I've hit my quota for deaths in this fic. ;)

Hazel:

Still, why do I get feeling this isn't definite, yet?

'Cause I'm mean to Mara and Luke? Because they are idiots? Because there's still 15 more chapters to go and a Sith spirit on the loose? Take your pick! ;)

Queenbee:

Thanks for reading!

Mira:

Best. Line. EVER!

Heee, thanks. :D

And, for the love of everything good in the world, this has to be one of the best fics I have read in a very long time.

Awwww... [face_blush] You flatter me so much. :D I'm so glad you're enjoying it. [:D]

I love how, after everyhting Luke as done and will continue to do - he's just so wet behind the ears still! He's adorable.

I KNOW!!! It's why we love him so much. [face_love]

That last scene had an amazing amount of character exploration - and even development. Luke's concerns were well played - and so were Mara's.

Thanks. :D

Yep. I forsee a light amongst all the mire they are going to be put through before this ends . . .

15 more chapters...but yes, there's a light at the end of the tunnel...just keep remembering that later on when I do mean things. :_|

Jade:

You have some splendiferous talent in matching moods of chapters to songs!!!!

Thanks! I absolutely love that song. To be honest, I wrote while listening to all these songs, so I think that's why the moods match up so well! It really was a interesting and inspiring way to write.

Yes, indeedy. Let's call it love.

[face_love] It is. :*

Lane:

Five credits that Corran has at some point said that he'll trail Kyppie because he learned how to discretely track suspects while in CorSec.

LMAO that is totally what I believe happened and I knew you'd pick up on

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ouch! Proof that one should never head North in winter :p [face_laugh]

15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I know, right?!? Change in plans...we're driving home! Ack!! Wish me luck. I'll be back with Chapter 11 ASAP!

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You're driving!?

Good luck with that. @};-

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Be safe. @};-

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Nanci: Good luck! Hopefully you can make it through!

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks for the well wishes. After a very very very long drive, I am home! Maybe this is my punishment for being mean to my characters?

Anyway, without further adieu, Chapter 11 awaits!

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

CHAPTER 11

Light streams in through the window, falling on my face and pulling me from a deep sleep. I blink my eyes open to an unfamiliar ceiling and furrow my brow, trying to figure out where I am.

Suddenly it comes to me. I am in Luke?s bed.

I sit up with a start, but before I can gasp out loud, I look down and see that I am lying safely on top of the covers and still fully clothed. I place my hand to my chest and force myself to breath regularly. ?Oh, thank the Maker,? I murmur as I lie back down.

?Tell me, should I feel terribly insulted that you?re so relieved we still have all our clothes on?? Luke?s voice comes from beside me. Grimacing, I glance over at him. He?s lying on his side, looking at me with shining blue eyes and a dashing smile on his face. I briefly wonder how long he has been watching me sleep.

Sighing, I rub my face with my hands and groan. I thought things were bad before. This is much worse.

But, as always, I?m unable to resist him, so I roll over on my side to face him. Hesitantly, as if he?s worried that I?ll slap him away, he leans forward and kisses me gently on the lips. Even though my head is screaming at me to stop, I kiss him back.

I wish I could taste him like this every morning.

A string of Huttese curses comes out of my mouth as I pull away from him, realizing just how much trouble I?ve gotten myself into. Luke raises his eyebrows at me, that huge grin still plastered across his face. ?My breath stink that bad??

I take the pillow from beneath my head and hit him with it, hard. ?Only you could make light of this situation, Skywalker!?

?Hey, you?re the one who said that this is messed up, not me.?

?Yeah, well, you?re doing a very good job of proving me right, you know.?

?Just how is this messed up, Mara??

?Well, let?s see, there?s the fact that you think you need to be a Jedi monk, the fact that not too long ago I was your sworn enemy, the fact that now we?re master and apprentice and us screwing around might be just a tiny little violation of the Jedi code?need I go on??

Luke doesn?t stop grinning at me. Instead of refuting all my claims, he swiftly grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him. Before I can protest he kisses me fiercely, and against all my better judgment, I let him. Our kiss deepens and he runs his fingers through my hair. His lips move up my jaw line to my ear, and I involuntarily let out a whimper as he starts to do things with his tongue that are definitely against the Jedi code. I feel his hands move under my robes and I am now intensely aware that if I don?t stop this right now, things are going to get much, much worse.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I abruptly push away, leaving him breathless beside me. ?I have to go,? I mumble, trying to get up from the bed, but he doesn?t break his hold on my arm.

?Please stay,? he says.

This time, I won?t give in. ?No. I have to go. I?ll be late.?

?Mara,? he chides me. ?You have lightsaber training with me first thing this morning.?

?Oh. Right.?

His smile turns wicked. ?So I grant you an excuse for being late,? he says, pulling me back to him.

?Oh no, you don?t!? I cry, finally breaking his hold and leaping up from the bed. ?We are not showing up late together. I don?t need all that gossip flying around.?

?Yeah, I think it?s too late for that. Your comlink has been buzzing all morning long.?

I grimace. I was supposed to meet Corran for breakfast. He?s probably pounding on my door as we speak. ?Oh, kriff.?

I hear Luke chuckle as I make my way to his fresher. ?That offer?s still on the table if you wa??

The fresher door hisses shut behind me before he can finish his sentence.

Leaning up against the wall, I run my hands over my face and look at myself in the mirror. Oh, this is bad, I think. I spent the night in Luke Skywalker?s bedroom. In Luke Skywalker?s bed?with him in it! It doesn?t matter that we were both still fully clothed by morning. I might as well have sle

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    See, that's J_e -- all gooified on the floor. :D :D Wonderful, wonderful melty chapter.

Loved it very much.

Forward strides indeed. :p ;)

I know, just wait [face_laugh]

:* [:D] :*

22. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Light streams in through the window, falling on my face and pulling me from a deep sleep. I blink my eyes open to an unfamiliar ceiling and furrow my brow, trying to figure out where I am.

Freakout in 3, 2, 1 ...

Suddenly it comes to me. I am in Luke?s bed.

I sit up with a start

Close enough :D

but before I can gasp out loud, I look down and see that I am lying safely on top of the covers and still fully clothed. I place my hand to my chest and force myself to breath regularly. ?Oh, thank the Maker,? I murmur as I lie back down.

There are countless people who are disappointed right now. L/M shippers (me), and people who just like to see Mara in the buff (potentially also me).

?Tell me, should I feel terribly insulted that you?re so relieved we still have all our clothes on?? Luke?s voice comes from beside me.

Oh Luke. You are occasionally capable of slipping in a brilliant one-liner.

I briefly wonder how long he has been watching me sleep.

How long ago did you fall asleep? There's your answer :p

Sighing, I rub my face with my hands and groan. I thought things were bad before. This is much worse.

Go ahead. Say it. Say you've got a bad feeling about this.

I dare you, Mara!

Hesitantly, as if he?s worried that I?ll slap him away, he leans forward and kisses me gently on the lips. Even though my head is screaming at me to stop, I kiss him back

Ha! Take that, Mara's brain!

I wish I could taste him like this every morning.

Oh come on! Now you're just trolling my dirty brain!

Luke raises his eyebrows at me, that huge grin still plastered across his face. ?My breath stink that bad??

I take the pillow from beneath my head and hit him with it, hard. ?Only you could make light of this situation, Skywalker!?

Even their arguments have turned adorable dammit :D

?Well, let?s see, there?s the fact that you think you need to be a Jedi monk, the fact that not too long ago I was your sworn enemy, the fact that now we?re master and apprentice and us screwing around might be just a tiny little violation of the Jedi code?need I go on??

Aw come on, is that all Mara? No biggie.

Luke doesn?t stop grinning at me. Instead of refuting all my claims, he swiftly grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him. Before I can protest he kisses me fiercely, and against all my better judgment, I let him.

GO LUKE GO!

Our kiss deepens and he runs his fingers through my hair. His lips move up my jaw line to my ear, and I involuntarily let out a whimper as he starts to do things with his tongue that are definitely against the Jedi code.

Good Force, you are on a roll today with the snappy lines Nanci. :D

I feel his hands move under my robes and I am now intensely aware that if I don?t stop this right now, things are going to get much, much worse.

NO! REPRESS MARA, REPRESS!

Squeezing my eyes shut, I abruptly push away, leaving him breathless beside me. ?I have to go,? I mumble, trying to get up from the bed, but he doesn?t break his hold on my arm.

You just have to ruin a perfectly awesome thing, don't you sister? :p

?Please stay,? he says.

This time, I won?t give in. ?No. I have to go. I?ll be late.?

?Mara,? he chides me. ?You have lightsaber training with me first thing this morning.?

?Oh. Right.?

[face_laugh]

Seriously. On a roll, you are.

?Oh no, you don?t!? I cry, finally breaking his hold and leaping up from the bed. ?We are not showing up late together. I don?t need all that gossip flying around.?

?Yeah, I think it?s too late for that. Your comlink has been buzzing all morning long.?

Naughty Luke is highly entertaining. He should show up more often :D

I grimace. I was supposed to meet Corran for breakfast. He?s probably pounding on my door as we speak. ?Oh, kriff.?

Oh yeah, that's a problem. Tick off Gossip Queen Corran Horn (TM) and you're liable to have the entire student populace know about your escapades with Master Skywalker.

Oh, this i

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That was great. Sooo Mushy, I loved it. Hopefully Kyp doesn't ruin Luke and Mara's evening plans. Can't wait until the next chapter!

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    There are so many things to say about this chapter. I could comment every paragraph, but since Lane_winree has already done that (I admit I enjoy his comments almost as much as the chapters :p ), I'll just say - I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!

[face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D]

25. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Wonderful chapter! What a treat! :D

I sit up with a start, but before I can gasp out loud, I look down and see that I am lying safely on top of the covers and still fully clothed. I place my hand to my chest and force myself to breath regularly. ?Oh, thank the Maker,? I murmur as I lie back down.

?Tell me, should I feel terribly insulted that you?re so relieved we still have all our clothes on?? Luke?s voice comes from beside me
    I?m with him on this one! ;)

?Hey, you?re the one who said that this is messed up, not me.?
    Listen to him, Mara ? he?s finally starting to speak reason!:D

Luke doesn?t stop grinning at me. Instead of refuting all my claims, he swiftly grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him. Before I can protest he kisses me fiercely, and against all my better judgment, I let him. Our kiss deepens and he runs his fingers through my hair. His lips move up my jaw line to my ear, and I involuntarily let out a whimper as he starts to do things with his tongue that are definitely against the Jedi code. I feel his hands move under my robes and I am now intensely aware that if I don?t stop this right now, things are going to get much, much worse.
    And isn?t life too short not to let them? ;)

If Corran asks about my whereabouts, I?ll say I was meditating all night long. And if he hounds me about it, I?ll sic Mirax on him.
    Well, at least that?s a plan![face_whistling]

Luke is facing the window, completely naked, changing into clean robes.

My mouth drops open and I am unable to take my eyes off of him. A million indecent thoughts run through my mind, and I am torn as to whether I want him to turn around so I can see the rest of him, or whether I want to him to stay right where he is so I can stare at his naked backside for the rest of eternity
    Now, that?s a dilemma! [face_thinking] I agree completely! [face_batting]

?Can I see you tonight?? he whispers in my ear.

I shouldn?t even be considering this. I need to walk away and say no. I need to put an end to this before I end up in his bed again, this time not safely clothed come morning. I need to stop this before I get hurt again.

All I say in response is, ?Okay.?

I remain completely still as Luke leans forward and kisses me, but I do not push him away. I close my eyes, and after a few moments I finally give in, wrapping my arms around him and running my hands through his hair. We stand there for a long time, kissing silently and slowly, and in the part of my mind that is still able to think, I realize that something very fundamental has changed.

As he pulls away, I open my eyes, and he smiles at me.

I have not seen him smile like this since before we arrived on Yavin IV. It is a smile of pure contentment, one that contains no burdens, no fears, no self-doubts. He has not seemed so carefree since before he took on the burden of rebuilding the Jedi Order. He looks just like the Luke Skywalker I met on Myrkr?the optimistic farm boy who trusted me even as I pointed a blaster at his face; the confident Jedi who took down a squadron of stormtroopers without even being able to use the Force.

Seeing his smile, and feeling his happiness shine through the Force, I wonder?has he finally learned?

Aaah... [face_blush] Has he? Has he???? =P~ Oh, I hope he has ? and that Mara doesn?t mess it up now! No, wait - you will mess it up, I know you will!:oops:

a sarcastic comment from Corran about ?Master Skywalker? liking it rough. Luke turns to him with a smirk and raised eyebrows, and the forward, straight-talking CorSec and Rogue Squadron veteran actually flinches away, flustered by the Jedi Master?s boldness,
    Yeah!!!:D

Luke is waiting for me near the entrance to the mess when we arrive. ?May I speak with you for a minute, Mara?? he asks with a very Jedi Master-like expression on his face. I nod, looking like a dutiful apprentice, and he takes me by the arm and leads me to an empty class