main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Discussion Resource I need help

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Hiccaries, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiccaries

Hiccaries Jedi Padawan

Sep 19, 2018
    So... since last year I have been working on a fan project I call ''Star Wars Legends: Katooni'' while it comes off as a simple multi-chapter fanfiction, the long term goal of this fan project is to make it into a 2-3 part fan film. I have the personal idea that a good route to take would be writing out the fan fiction and then adapting it into a future fan film. Therefore this fanfiction needs to be written well so it can be easily adapted and intice people to support the project.

While most SW fan films focus on either famous Star Wars characters or OC's, Star Wars Legends: Katooni focuses on.. well. Katooni, a very minor character who was introduced in Season 5 of Star Wars the Clone Wars. Her and her fellow Jedi Younglings, Petro, Ganodi, Byph, Zatt, and Gungi were the central characters of an arc that introduced us to the Gathering, they would also become minor heroes of the Clone Wars by accidentally participating in the Battle of Florrum in which Jedi youngling Petro became the first and probably only Jedi Youngling to fight Grievous and live unscathed.

My fan project canonizes a kinda-popular headcanon of many SWTCW fans in that it portrays Katooni as a survivor of the Jedi Purge and also involves her becoming associated with Hondo Ohnaka, of course however this is written from a perspective of how I think it should go.

In SWLK, Katooni is the sole surviving youngling of the Jedi Purge and the fan project/film is supposed to tell her story before, during and after the Purge in 2-3 parts.

I want this fan project/film to be dark, to say the least. This fan film is something that takes full advantage of the Star Wars universes content and intentionally ignores the traditional ''child-friendly'' atmosphere of SW Media to tell a new type of Star Wars tale. Star Wars Legends: Katooni / SWLK utilizes the traditional influences of Star Wars ( Space Opera, Period Drama, Spaghetti Western, etc ) and incorporates new genre inspirations such as New French Extremity, Neo-Noir, Grim-Western, and to a tamer degree, Classical Swashbuckler.

This fan project will intentionally deal with a lot of sensitive and ''problematic topics'' such as Katooni's trauma after the Jedi Purge and how she goes from a shy yet bright-eyed young Jedi to a scared survivor in need of guidance and trust and eventually an emotionally and morally detached killer when that post purge trust she searched for is betrayed. I want this fan project to feature a great deal of character complexity and development, even if it's not a good development. Likewise, I have run into some issues.

The first issue comes with writing characters. Writing re-used characters should be easy but writing Katooni and her friends is a difficult task because we simply don't know much about them as characters and they are very minor and underrecognized. I want my Katooni to be a realistic progression of the canon Katooni which is faithful to whatever behavioral features the canon Katooni had and quite simply, I'm having a hard time writing her character. Another major issue is my intentional portrayal of a romantic relationship between Katooni and Petro and I'm not sure how to write that either since I'm not sure how their completed personalities would interact in such a manner but it's important I know how too because that plays a major role in the storyline.

The story progression is another issue. I have a rough idea of what I want to happen but I don't know how to get it there and how to tie it all together. I have created 1 character who will serve a preliminary main antagonist but I'm not sure how to properly introduce him and utilize him throughout the story.

While any help, suggestions, etc would be helpful. What I am really looking for is one or more dedicated and willing co-writers who can help me with this project.

I can also answer any possible questions that anyone may have about the fractured rough draft of a storyline I have going.

[Mavjade Edit] Hi Hiccaries- This request might be better suited to fanfilms since we are specific to fanfiction here in this forum. I'm not quite sure about their rules for asking for script writing help, so make sure to check the rules of that forum before posting. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.