main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ian McDiarmid (Plapy) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dlbates, Dec 24, 2018.

?

Will it be revealed that Palpatine created Vader in episode IX?

1. Yes

143 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

196 vote(s)
    57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    It's possible the original model was simply created and the copies Kylo discovers are copies of the OG.

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Who/what is the "OG"? Old grandpa?

3. ThisIsTheWay

Nov 24, 2019
    Meant to say the original creation.

4. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Original creation of what?

5. ThisIsTheWay

Nov 24, 2019
    Of Snoke. I’m saying that it’s possible that there is no original template because Palpatine had the original snoke cursed be it via science, the force or some mixture of the two.

6. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe an imperfect clone of Sheev or maybe one of Plagueis, to add insult to the injury of killing him.

It would be totally like Palpatine, to resurrect his master, who knew the secret to keep others from dying, to become his servant and mock him after the death through his hands

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    lawton likes this.
  7. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Plaguis clone.....in order to learn how to cheat death perhaps? That would actually be pretty interesting.

lawton, PCCViking and Darth Caliban like this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It would be more interesting to me (maybe only to me) if Palpatine didn't return at all, but we explored his legacy more. We could have done this through his son/daughter or a group of Sith priests or cultists who are looking for the heir of Palpatine. The entire trilogy would have been more fun if something like this had been brought up in episode 7. We could have had different wannabe Sith competing for dominance, until Kylo takes control. The Knights of Ren would have worked well as this Sith cult, and we could have done away with the First Order and created a much darker, weirder groups of baddies than wannabe Imperials. The First Order doesn't really get into the creepy weirdness of the return of alt-right wannabe fascism, IMO.

And if Palpatine's son/daughter are established, then they could have dangled the possibility of Rey being related much earlier, and actually explored how this would affect her over the course of three films.

I like Palpatine and all, but I think general audiences will be confused and bored by his return. Most people have some understanding he was killed in ROTJ, and will likely roll their eyes when he comes back.

With me at least, I would have been more interested in his return if his legacy was explored more deeply first so it didn't just seem like an easy plot solution.

Miles Lodson, lawton and ThisIsTheWay like this.
  9. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Sorry, Plapy, you didnt deserve this. Ill miss you.

[​IMG]

10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    https://uproxx.com/movies/chris-terrio-interview-rise-of-skywalker-palpatine-lando/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/why-star-wars-past-is-so-important-to-the-future-in-the-1840182217

11. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Palpatine has so many trailer bait lines in the PT and OT. Talk about cherry picking.

12. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    Chiznuk Edit: Removed image that contained disallowed word.
    Hah, does anyone know where this came from?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No idea but since it contains a disallowed word let's refrain from posting it here.

14. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    People are taking this "it was all part of the plan" thing way too seriously.

The fact that Palpatine was an idea from the beginning was just that. An idea from the beginning. Doesn't mean that every single thing was planned from the beginning.

15. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Perspective is not allowed, man. Those lines in the prequel promos don't count, they weren't done by Abrams or Johnson!

:)

16. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Thats what Disney sells for Palpatine. I would be very happy if in the movie itself he would show himself as cunning and good orator. Right now it doesnt look like the case.
    And let be honest - his plan is just get two force sensitives and suck them dry, and later he would be cucked by Rey like a joke. The meme depicts the reality now and most likely would demand even more harsh picture December 20th.

17. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    His dialogue is no more 'hammy' than dialogue in the other films; you're referring his public speeches, which he probably doesn't make in IX. I'm sorry to say it but this is an over the top false complaint.

Also not only did you use the word cucked but you used it wrong (thank God).

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Sorry mate this meme's a bust. Is it a meme or some sort of history chart? Did you make it? Good choice of images. The pit fighting oen haveing a getty stamp on it adds to the cheesy charm of the lower portion. Big up on that. Font choice isn't getting any awards.

But Palpatine is a big ham and a promoter."Get this stilted slime out of my sight." "Not for the Sith - Now it's a tag team. This is Darth Maul." And unlike the UFC Palpatine's the real deal and not staged.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  19. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Psh, the UFC's not staged, man. They're all naturally that drama-queen-y in their real lives, they actually talk that way.

Bonnneeessaawwww is rreeaaa-ddyyyyy... Etc.

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Judging an entire characterisation based on trailer dialogue? Okay.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Has anyone any idea why Ian and Mark were missing on the press conference?

22. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Making out in the green room. Duh.

Heh, it's probably just something like their characters having the most big revelatory moments and Lucasfilm/Disney brass didn't want to risk either actor dropping something big.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  23. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Alternatively:
    Disney's Palpatine: "Long have I waited, and now your coming together will be your undoing!"

Lucas's Palpatine: "Ultimate POWERRRR!!!"

Cherry-picking phrases is fun!

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Probably because mark isn't in the film enough to justify him even being there. and with Ian i think they are still fairly secretive about how big of a role he has.

25. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Has Mark said anything at all about TROS recently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.