main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before the Saga If Only (DDC 2021 - Half Marathon) (OC - Taeyn D’levosh)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', Jan 12, 2021.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Title: If Only

Author: Kit'

Characters: Taeyn D'levosh, Namia Zahalin, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, and various other OCs

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Romance

Timeline: 64-56BBY

Summary: Padawan Taeyn D'levosh has been made to keep a journal. Although he initially comes to hate it, eventually he realises how useful it actually is. Particularly when it comes to recording his feelings and thoughts in relation to a certain young, female padawan.

Challenge: Half-Marathon DDC 2021 Challenge.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    So this was harder than I thought it was going to be to start, but once I got going it all went together. Hopefully it works and isn't too stream of concious-y. Taken from the events of Just a spoonful of trouble and hopefully is a good introduction to Taeyn (and Namia too).

First impressions

Dear Diary
    - no. Not Diary. That sounds ridiculous.

Dear Journal.

No.

Dear....

Dear thingamebob....

Oh Sith.

I don’t know what to call you really. I don’t even know why I’m writing in you. Master Indoa said I needed to write an account of my 'adventures as a padawan' as he called it. He also said that it might help me release some of my feelings. I think it’s dumb. I think the whole thing is stupid. I got into one fight because Josi pulled a dirty trick in practice and now I have you.

Yay.

So…

There is a new girl in our classes. She rocked up during politics. Her hair was chopped short like the barber’s do to anyone who lets it grow too long. I think they do this on purpose. As in “ha! So you liked your hair! Well, no attachment for you! Chop it off! Chop it all off!”.

Anyway. She looked ridiculous.

So she rocks up to the door with her Master in tow. Like she’s some kid who's never been to the Temple before. Qui-Gon was being his usual prattish self and throwing paper at me. He knows if we get caught it’ll be double ‘fresher scrubbing duty for both of us. Which is on top of the stuff I already have to do because Josi is a incompetent, nasty, stupid, dense, mindless, foolish, dull, useless piece of drool…

Anyway.

Qui-Gon thought she was pretty which is dumb (like him). She is not pretty. She’s annoying.

She was even more annoying when she managed to answer the question about Verpine. I would have gotten it if I’d been given more time. Although who needs to know about some weird insect species that rub their legs together to sing. So she answers it and Master Khdue is “Good work. I see all those years abroad have only broadened your education.” Apparently she’s been on some extended mission with her Master, serving as ambassador to Alderaan.

It sounded cool.

It doesn’t matter.
    She is a showoff. I really don’t like her.

Then, and this is the worst bit, we get to lightsabers.

Guess who I got paired with.

Why am I asking you? You’re just a silly datapad?

Anyway.

I got paired with her. Great. This is something I should have been good at. I thought I started well. I pivoted. I went the overhead strike. I even used the move we'd only been taught last lesson. In fact I used all the right techniques but she parried them all.

If only I’d practiced a bit harder last week. Maybe she wouldn’t have beaten me. Maybe I wouldn’t have ended up on the floor looking like a complete fool.

She didn’t take the winning blow though. I wonder why....

In fact she was nice and let me get to my feet. She didn't have to do that. I mean, she had already won.

We fought again and she was really good. I threw a block at her head with the Force. Which, yeah I know, is the move Josi used but this was different. He cheated and I…

It didn’t matter. She blocked it easily. We kept fighting for a bit longer and then I don’t know what happened. Maybe she tripped, maybe I did. Whatever it was, we both ended up on the floor.

She ended up on top.

Her name is Namia.

She has a nice smile.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Anedon likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful [face_laugh] You have the I don't like her, yes I do vibe perfectly. [face_rofl] =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    hilarious first entry
    don't or do

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL Well done, having lived through a teenage boy, I can see all this!

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 21, 2016
    Wow, this has such a strong High School vibe. "Ugh, that new girl! She's so annoying! I hate her! .....Hey, she's kinda cute...."

7. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thank you :) I'm glad I got the "maybe I don't hate her as much as i'm trying to convince the world that I do" part across :)

Thank you :) Much appreciated :) :)

I have that ahead of me (although I deal with it forty weeks a year so I should be used to it) but I'm not looking forward to it when it's my own kids...

I think he's all of fourteen/fifteen here - so definitely the teen boy still caught up in the hormones...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021 at 2:46 PM
  8. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Probably quite a good idea for a Jedi to write a journal, they have to vent their emotions somewhere, defenetly a 'new guy/girl in class situation' that I´ve experienced as well.

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Teen boys are easier than teen girls generally.............experience here!