main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If you live in a part of the world that has seen the film... SPOIL IT FOR US

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Pretty much

TimeZone likes this.
  2. Lurtz

Lurtz Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2015
    It does, and from what I recall, I didn't see any capitalized word in it. Now, something that I forgot to check myself was whether it ended with .... (four dots) like all other opening crawls do and I'd assume someone with lesser care for the franchise might have put three dots out of ignorance. But on this aspect, my instincts make me trust Lucasfilm.

3. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Well considering Star Wars has never been realistic in terms of space science and relativity and distance and such (parsecs, sound in space, Fighter only battles) I really don't think people should have a problem with it.

4. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004

You've made my day ;)

I assume it is Hosnian Prime. From this map you can see that it is relatively close to Takodana, though certainly not in the same system. Does it make sense according to this?: [​IMG]

5. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014

The New Republica capitlal world is now Chandrila, but from what you're saying is that they took out some ambiguous planet/region.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Hera's homeworld, right?

7. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004

It was Chandrila in Aftermath, but all rumors point to it being Hosnian Prime (whatever that is) by the time of TFA.

Huh? Hera is a Twi'lek, from Ryloth.

Sasha Banks @};-^:)^

8. Darth Fabo

Darth Fabo Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2015
    Wonder how Han knows who Snoke is

9. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014

He probably owed him money too.

10. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I always wanted there to be more going on behind the scenes at the end of ROTJ that what we saw on the surface. I was hoping the ST would eventually show that Palps was close to achieving his goal of unlocking the power to alter reality itself while he was on that second Death Star. It lends more weight to the scene where Palps gets mad at Vader because he didn't stay on the command ship, as well as the scene where Palps is taken back that he couldn't sense Luke arriving on Endor. Then of course,something went wrong when Vader turned back to the light while Palps was roasting Luke. Canon material has stated that the process that grants this ultimate Darkside power requires one person to act as "bait" for the Darkside while another reaps the benefits. I hope that's what Palps was up to then his plans got disrupted- but not completely destroyed. The appearance of Snoke- to me- makes me think of a failed attempt to reincarnate. This would leave him powerful yet quite vulnerable, looking for a way to fix what has gone wrong by repeating the process with multiple other apprentices. I hope we come to see that Rey is actually a new chosen one- who was created to balance out Palps return from death in the same way Anakin was created by the Force to strike back against Plagueis cheating of death.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  11. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015

It snoke isn't really shown it probably has something to do with WHERE he is for the next chapter .

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I would imagine he has some knowledge of the person who influenced him to go to the darkside. I'm sure he and Leia tried to intervene at some point before he went totally dark side.

13. Lurtz

Lurtz Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2015
    On that I agree, it was its first demonstration, but the Resistance must had known of it before and monitored it with a certain scrutiny. I mean, they can calculate how long it is going to take for the superweapon to be fully charged and it's not like Finn gave them the instruction manual of the whole thing.
    Also, like I said in the post previous to the one you've quoted, I didn't feel the same shock being felt by the characters who saw/felt the event (in A New Hope Han's like 'not even half the imperial fleet can destroy one planet, they can't have something that does it all by itself' and now he's like 'yup, four planets at once, been there done that: one squad lands and takes out the shield, another uses fighters to breach the cooling system'. It's not the nod to Return Of The Jedi that sets me off but the seeming absence of any kind of emotional reaction. I mean, Han hadn't been in contact with Leia for how long? Years? Couldn't he at least though that the leader of the resistence could have been attending a meeting on the capital of the Republic?)

14. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If Rey utterly destroyed Snoke's prized fighter(and this a "Jedi Killer" and mass murderer Dark Sider mind you), following the Sith or would be Sith way, Snoke will likely attempt to turn her and replace Kylo with someone stronger and more powerful.

TimeZone likes this.
  15. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Leia knows who Snoke is too. I'd imagine most of the Resistance officials do as he's the Supreme Leader.

16. blodie

blodie Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2015
    I think touching Anakin's lightsaber triggered something in her. It showed her old memories of her past, and her abilities may have been awaken by it at the same time.

17. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015

It's possible. We can't forget that Obi Wan defeated Vader though & Palpatine certainly didn't give up on him.

18. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015

The abilities she trained...when she was a toddler.

19. thoso1973

thoso1973 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 8, 2015
    Snoke does not strike me as a character unknown to most characters, like Sidious was in the prequels. I get the impression that people are quite aware that Snoke is pulling the strings at the First Order. Where he is though is entirely up in the air.

20. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Can't wait to see the next time kylo and Rey meet.... He's going to destroy her

syferdiasisalie likes this.
  21. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Masterful piece of trolling! We must add this trolling to the Jedi archives of great satire!

Delta-7 and Canyon D like this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014

The thing with that though, we learn he did not give up on Vader because Darth Maul returned and came back a powerful threat(TCW) and we learn following Mustafar Sidious was actively seeking a replacement for Vader(Marvel). And the replacement could be created in a lab, it did not seem particularly important if the replacement was powerful in the Force just more powerful(younger and modern presumably being focally important) than cyborg and aging Vader.

23. Lurtz

Lurtz Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2015
    In-universe political speculation incoming (might be boring to some eheh).
    A note about the Republic and the Resistance, since I've seen, on other sites as well, confusion about why are they not the same and the like. During WWII, after the Allies had liberated central and southern Italy, the king threw away Mussolini and declared a truce with them. At that point, the southern part of Italy, changing government became 'allies with the Allies' while northern Italy, which had been invaded by German troops, was still under enemy control and in that region some Italians started a resistance movement against Germans and Italian German-sympathizers. I guess a similar thing could have happened in the Galaxy: if a planet was no longer governed by the Empire, it could become part of the Republic, otherwise, if still under Imperial control, outlawed fighters would have been part of the Resistance.
    In other words, the Republic is a country, with a government and all, the Resistance is an insurrectional movement that is not necessarily the armed branch of the Republic. It probably changed the name from Rebel Alliance to Resistance because now a Republic does exist and people would be more trustworthy of joining a movement opposed to the Empire knowing that there is an alternative; this is translated to the fact that a rebellion is generally done to create a new order of things while a resistance appears when another country takes over yours and you strike to take it back. Before this new Republic, people considered themselves Imperial citizens and organized a rebellion to take over, whereas now they know there is a Republic, they consider themselves rightful Republic citizens and want to resist the oppression of the First Order. Maybe some planets under First Order control even became part of the Republic after the revolts caused by Endor's battle but then the Empire, under the name of First Order, reorganized itself and took those planets back.

24. Dallista321

Dallista321 Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2008
    Another thing that still raises question marks with me: how does anyone come up with a map of the location of Luke Skywalker? Not Luke himself, surely, if he's in a self-imposed exile / searching for a temple / whatever else he might have been up to. Or... did he make it himself, and made sure Artoo ended up with part of the map? And where did the First Order say they got the other part of the map from, some archive?

25. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Because: Reasons! It's a JJ movie. He's good with big strokes, but not so good with the details.

Why does the Falcon just happen to be on Jakku? Why does Han just happen to be on the ship that gobbles up the Falcon? Why does Kylo wear a mask when he doesn't need one? Why does the beginning of TFA follow the exact same story points as ANH? Because: Reasons!

I think if someone's really into the Flash Gordon serial idea for Star Wars, then this is the perfect film for him. This is exactly how those old Flash Gordon serials were.

26. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The Falcon was stolen several times as they explain. That's how it ended up on Jakku.

27. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I'm happy this is out, now we'll get lots of novel tie-ins to fill in the blanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.