main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Holiday Inn City Center...Post Here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Val started a thread for the Figueroa and since I am no longer staying there, I wanted to know who was staying at the Holiday Inn.

I still plan to go and do some partying with my fellow Figgie friends, but I would love to party with some fellow Holidayettes as well.

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn, I have found out some info. for you that may help you plan your trip.

Information:

Outdoor Pool

Emerald Grille Restaurant - In house restaurant...kids eat free in the restaurant, so yippie for me, I will save some money. The restaurant is very reasonable, the average plat is $15 for an adult entre. If you plan on getting room service, it will be more, but all room service is expensive. Also, they have free breakfast, so that is another cost you can escape, but as for what they serve, I have no idea.

Parking: Valet parking is $17 a day and self parking is $17 as well. The front desk clerk said that these prices will go down because of the convention, but he refused to give me any certain number, he just assured me that they have parking and that the price will be less. Oh, and both have in and out services, so you can leave multiple times and the price remains the same.

Shuttle service: The hotel does have shuttle service to the airport, as for costs I have no idea. I will picked up by relatives after the convention for an extended stay with them, hey I wanted to get the most bang for my buck!!!

Refrigerators: These need to be requested from you. They will charge $15 a day for a refrigerator. I think this is a crock if you ask me, I mean I have never heard of a hotel charging for a fridge, but hey I have never stayed at a hotel in LA either, just visited with family.

Rollaways and Cribs: These cost and additional $15 a day as well. I guess if you have a baby they want it to fall out of bed and get a law suit rather than just provide a crib for free...lol...just kidding.

All the rest of the information is pretty standard, you know...free high speed internet and in-room check out and things like that, that make your trip alittle more conveinent.

As for Grocery Stores or Mini-Marts. There is a Ralph's being built within walking distance to the hotel. I did email them and ask them if it would be ready when we arrive and they did say yes. However, I spoke to someone who lives in LA and they said that their progress seems to be very slow, that they doubt it will be open in time, but who knows. There is also a Chevron Mini-Market a block over, there you can get things like chips and milk and cereal, but no big items like lunchmeat or things like that, mainly boxed goods and quickie meds.

There are several restaurants around the hotel, like the Skybox Lounge and a steakhouse behind the hotel, but the steakhouse is pricey and the hotel restaurant is cheaper, so why go spend a fortune to make a turd, eat cheap...lol.

Anyway, hope this helps. If you have a questions PM me and I will do my best to help. I have been to LA before so I can try and help you there as well. Take care and cant wait for the big announcements!!!

2. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Im staying there, get to LA on the 19th and leave on the 30th

3. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I am there from the 18th may to the 31st may
    You know I have to ring up and ask but I hope the hotel has a wifi connection cause then I will be able to post on the forums from my phone or psp.
    Everything in the US to me is cheap as afterall I live in the UK.

4. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    My wife and me are also staying here, 23rd thru the 28th. I called just this weekend about transportation to and from the airport and the guy who answered told me they DON'T have a shuttle? He told us to use Super shuttle for $15 per person. I also asked about the fridge in the room and he didn't mention anything about a charge, just that you need to request one. Oh well, I still excited beyond belief! Can't wait...Can't wait....CAN'T WAIT!!!

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    On our reservation it says the internet access is complimentary so you should be good to go. That's a bit of a rub about the fridge...But it is a good way to save on food and drink so it might be worth the extra $15 (assuming that their is an extra charge). We'll have to discuss.

Oh yeah, my wife and I are staying here ;)

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, I called their reservation line and the woman there didn't know if there would be a fee or not. She did request a fridge for us and said if there is a charge or its too much than you can just have it taken out. That'll work ;)

7. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I?m staying at this hotel from May 22 to the 28th. Yeah, this hotel maybe a bit more expensive but since it don?t have to rent a car, pay for a taxi or other form of transportation everyday where as someone farther away would have to do, I think it?s pretty much a wash.

8. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    I'm staying here with my husband and a friend. My husband and I don't drink so you'll definitely not see us partying at the hotel's bar. I can't wait to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner with a roomful of SW fans!

9. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Mir...ya dont have to drink to party...lol. Heck, just being with other friends makes it a party. I mean I will be 7 months pregnant when we go, so their is not going to any drinking here, a few pop's and maybe an appetizer is all I can take...lol.

It would be nice to see ya though!!!

10. Grog_Starkiller

Grog_Starkiller Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2006
    Hey count me in! I will be there from the 21st to the 29th. Would be interested in a pool,Bar or Lobby get together to meet new friends.Especially after my long 2300 mile road trip from OHIO.
    GO BUCKS!=D= :D

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    WOW GROG...YOU ARE A DEDICATED FAN!!!

I am from Ohio too and I cannot believe your not flying. To be honest we thought of a road trip too, but between the gas and having to stop to rest, we figured it out to be cheaper to fly. I would check into that if I were you, because long road trips like that really dont save you any money, unless you have a fright to fly.

I plan on getting a T-SHIRT made with my tf.n name on it so friends here on the posts will know who I am. I plan to design a shirt for my whole family to wear. So, if you see someone running around with a T-SHIRT with the name Amidala081499 on the back, than that is me...lol.

It would be nice to get together with everyone, but in a reality we all have things to do at the con, so if we can pick a date and time it would be very cool. However, I think we will need to make someone in charge of picking the date and time and post it here, so we can all meet!!!

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, we're from Ohio too. Maybe it should be Ohio at the Holiday Inn :p

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    This is WAY too cool. Three people from Ohio will be infiltrating the Holiday Inn.

I am from the Youngstown area, I live in a suburb of Youngstown, you guys?

14. FlyingCasual805

FlyingCasual805 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2007
    Hey y'all! (Texan here!) I've just decided this week that I'm going to CIV and I'm so excited! So now I'm looking for a room -and roommates so I can cut the costs of the trip as much as possible! Is anyone looking for another roommie??!! I'm a 41yr old single mom, non-smoker, usually pretty quiet until someone starts talking about Star Wars!

15. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Guys...

Update here:
    I found out some information that I know everyone will like to hear. The Hotel will offer a complimentary shuttle within a 3 to 5 mile radius. I asked the front desk clerk about grocery stores and they said that, when you arrive, make a request to use the shuttle, and they will bring you to the grocery store and the best part...its free. This is great news, at least for us who want to save money on food!!!

Update here:
    The refrigerators are NOW complimentary. However, you need to put in a request. I asked about the $15 per day charge and they did not comment, so I dont know what to say about that. When I originally called they said there was a charge and this time there is no charge. So, I guess you just have to choose your poison on this one...lol.

Update here:
    If you want to confirm your reservation do it through the housing bureau. The hotel does NOT have the list yet, they cannot help you with your reservation until the bureau releases the list to them. So, if you have a request or need for something, you need to contact the bureau.

Anyway, I will keep the thread updated as I get more information...hope this helps!!!

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, it does help. It makes me glad I requested a fridge, especially if it is complimentary :D

We're on the other side of Ohio, about an hour west of Toledo (or about 15 min. from Indiana) but we know plenty of people in the Youngstown area.

17. miarama

Jun 26, 2006
    When I called the hotel directly on 3/21, my reservation came up on their system. I did not book through the Housing Bureau maybe that is why. Amidala, where did you book? Thanks for all the info!

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I booked through the housing center, and that does make a difference that you called the hotel directly.

Just out of curiosity, what was your room rate. I wanted to see if we are getting a deal having reserved through the center?

19. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    A lot going from Aust are staying at Holiday Inn, so it will be the Aussie hotel, not the Ohio hotel ;)

20. Grog_Starkiller

Nov 2, 2006
    Hey it's a party. We can have both, I don't mind some shrimp on the barbie'[face_laugh]

21. Grog_Starkiller

Nov 2, 2006
    Hey Amidala. Thanks for all the great info BTW.
    And as for my reason to drive. #1 I have some autographed posters I wanted to get more sigs on,but they are mounted and can not be rolled up. Did not want to take chance and have them damaged on the plane.But it would seem a mute point so far since they do not so far have the guests I was hopeing for,such as Hamill, Ford, Portman, and Hayden C.So I may not need to take them after all, and have thought about flying out, but that would defeat my 2nd reason for driving.Doing some route 66 site seeing. Plan to stop in Winslow Az.to Take It Easy as the Eagles would say.And since I have two weeks off work and can take my time coming home, I may go see Vegas and Grand Canyon on the way home.Besides nothing against flying, but I really do like to drive.But it is going to be a long drive by myself. A friend of mine was going to come with me but his wife is pregnant and unless he wins the lottery in the near future, he will not be joining me.
    Hope to meet you all, so I can tell my of my roadtrip.

22. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Its good to know about the shuttle driving you for free in a 3-5 mile radius as if theres any parties at the other hotels then at least your able to get to them.

23. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Speaking of parties...

Is there going to be a 501st party or a Star Wars breakfast? I mean they have not mentioned anything about it. HUMMMMMMMMMM

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    When you think about it, it's kind of peculiar that they haven't announced much of anything yet. Two months out from both C2 and C3, we knew about lots of events.

25. miarama

Jun 26, 2006
    2 DBL BEDS NONSMOKING W/ BREAKFAST (UP TO $20 EACH DAY):

MAY 23-27 IS $199 PER NIGHT

MAY 28 IS $149 PER NIGHT

Amidala, how were you able to book through the official housing bureau? I recalled trying SECONDS after booking was available just to see if I could get a better rate than what I already had, BUT, the Holiday Inn was instantly unavailable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.