main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In a grim dark far future there is only war - A thread for Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, May 23, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some Necromunda news:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/14/enter-the-house-of-iron/

"Enter the House of Iron

The blue-collar members of House Orlock have been hard at work as their gangs seek to claim their own corners of the underhive. Now, with the release of the House of Iron book, they’ll have new rules, new fighters and new tactics with which to ensure their dominance. Today, we’re taking a look at some of the new rules from the ultimate tome of all things Orlock.

[​IMG]

House of Iron introduces two new fighters for Orlock gangs – the Arms Masters and the Wreckers.

[​IMG]

Arms Masters are responsible for maintaining order within a gang, helping the Road Captain by keeping the Gunners and Greenhorns in line. In battle, these experienced fighters inspire the rest of the gang.

[​IMG]

As befits their position as Champions within an Orlock gang, Arms Masters have access to some of the best weapons that the clan can provide. The arc hammer is one such weapon, and is ideal for any Arms Master that likes to get up close and personal.

[​IMG]

With a Damage characteristic of 3, even Ogryns are going to be wary of getting too close to an Orlock armed with one of these!

[​IMG]

Arms Masters can also be accompanied by up to two Cyber-mastiffs. Not only are these four-legged friends handy in a scrap, but you don’t need to walk them every day and they’re not fussy eaters – Escher, Delaque, Corpse Grinder, you name it, they’ll eat it.

[​IMG]

They’re especially good at protecting their masters should enemy fighters be looking to quickly take them Out of Action.

[​IMG]

Cyber-mastiffs are a great addition to any gang, adding some real bite!

[​IMG]

At the other end of the experience scale are the Wreckers – risk-takers who court danger and are seeking to make names for themselves. For a mere 55 credits, they are a great way of filling out your gang with extra fighters that quickly improve over the course of a campaign.

[​IMG]

Included in their cost is a jump booster, which makes getting around the underhive much quicker. You can even overcharge it to go faster, but that’s not without its risks.

[​IMG]

Use these fighters to quickly claim loot crates or similar objectives, and make sure that you Charge into combat to take advantage of those modifiers.

Skill Up
    Gangs from House Orlock have access to their own skill set – Bravado. These are all about relying on your fellow gang members, calling out your enemies and making the most of your kit, abilities and connections. For example, thanks to your skills, you can always get the best results out of a shotgun.

[​IMG]

Use this on your Arms Masters equipped with a combat shotgun to get the shells really flying.

Terrific Tactics
    The House of Iron introduces a range of new Orlock-specific tactics that can be used to ensure success in the underhive. Need some last-minute reinforcements before a battle? Call up your guilder contacts and grab a pair of Hive Scum to help out.

[​IMG]

Or make the most of your skills in close combat.

[​IMG]

Use this with your Wreckers so they can get the most out of charging with their jump boosters.

What’s in a Name?
    [​IMG]

Orlock gangers live and die by their reputation. To represent this, your Orlock Leaders and Champions can now be given Orlock Legendary Names. These are Orlock-specific Advancements that symbolise some great deed. Be careful though, part of being a legend is living up to your own hype. For example, maybe your fighter is incredibly lucky, but maybe they’re so lucky that they’re not around for the worst fights.

[​IMG]

Or perhaps they can take out an opponent with a single punch!

[​IMG]

The Orlock Legendary Names are a great way to really add character to your gang, and also open up some really cool painting and conversion opportunities for your models. Maybe “Lucky” has a tattoo of the number 13 somewhere, for example.

The House of Iron supplement opens up loads of new ways to play an Orlock gang in Necromunda and will be available to pre-order soon, along with a kit to build your Arms Masters, Wreckers and Cyber-mastiffs. In the meantime, grab yourself an Orlock Gang so that you’re ready to take this rebellious house to the top of the underhive."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/13/underhive-informant-a-visit-to-the-doctor/
    "Underhive Informant: A Visit to the Doctor

You’re late! Get in here and sit down. It’s time for your monthly briefing, and this time, we’ve got all the intel on Rogue Doc Arachnos, who’s quickly shooting up the list of the underhive’s most wanted.

[​IMG]

As if it’s not bad enough that we have to put up with the increase in Orlock activity around here, we’re hearing about a new Rogue Doc in the underhive. Doctor Arachnos has been seen working out of Dust Falls, but the locals don’t know much about him – they say he just showed up one day. What they do know is that he’ll fix anyone up… for the right price.

Usually, we don’t worry about these kinds of characters, but this one seems to actually enjoy going out and doing his work in the field. He likes to do this so that he can personally pick up specimens for his experiments, and patients have been seen walking out of his “surgery” – if you can give it such a grand name – with all sorts of weird “upgrades”. He does most of these operations with his mechadendrites, but be wary of them – they’re not just for patching up fighters.

We’ve got the full case file here. Make sure that you take a good look so you know exactly what you’ll be facing.

[​IMG]

We’re expecting to see a lot of Doctor Arachnos around, as we hear that he’ll happily join any gang. So just remember that we have a saying around the precinct house – a shock baton a day keeps the Rogue Doc away, so don’t hesitate to call in those Subjugators."

There is also going to be a Warhammer Preview Online today:
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Well,

Sigismund and two Mark IV armor tactical marines are primed(GreySeer primer) and basecoated in Averland sunset(a dark yellow)

Going to let the baecoats dry thoroughly over night before doing a coat of flash gitz.yellow to brighten up the yellow tommorow. Taking my time with this because yellow is one of the harder paints to work with(also messy as their thinner than caliban green or mac rage blue).

Painting in sub assemblies at first so I can get the armor completely basecoated and the head done separately so I do not get yellow on Sigismunds face.

By Tuesday when I have a bit more time in the after noon before work I should be ready to start detail work on the models(metal straps, bolters, Sigismunds black sword and his tabarb, Chapter iconagraphy) Will hopefully post some pictures Wednesday or Thursday.

Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Work in progress of my Sigismund, First Captain of the Imperial Fists, Commander of the the First Company, the Temple Brethren, the Emperor's Champion, later First High Marshall(Chapter Master) of the Black Templars Chapter. Possibly the best non Primarch or Custodian warrior in Imperial history, dude beat Kharn, Abaddon, Sevatar, Corswain, Jubal Khan et all, in a series of challenge duels during the great crusade. Died a good century later fighting off a Black Crusade at an advanced age for a space marine. Last act before dieing was to run Abaddon through with the black sword and spit in his face.(those of Rogal Firm's gene seed cannot spit acid like other Astarted)

Primed in Grey seer spray primer
    Initially 2 basecoats in Averland Sunset.
    Let dry overnight.
    Recess shade with Sephaim sepia wash between the armor.plates.
    Picture is of first coat of Flash gitz yellow applied carefully to not get into the recesses, drying.

Tommorw I will begin work on the white parts of the model(the tabbard) and the black heraldry and trim.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Gamiel likes this.
  5. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    @Gamiel

Do you play Necromunda? Either on the tabletop or the new video game?

If so how is it.

I am interested in since i am working on building imperial fists and Necromunda is one of their recruitment worlds alongside Holy Terra and and Lord Dadornable's home world of Iniwit.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Shadowsun likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No and no.

I would like to but I have not had the time or money for the first one and I'm terrible at getting videogames.

But I have more or less only heard good stuff about the tabletop game.

7. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh, ok,

I am thinking of picking up the video game and was looking to get a review from someone whose opinion i trust(your one of the people on these boards whose had my respect for years)

Also i have always found it cool to have an internet friend in Sweden, when i am just some weird guy from New Jersey.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Gamiel likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got a couple of new Warhammer books in an Amazon UK order yesterday - Mark of Faith (40K) by Rachel Harrison and Flesh and Steel (Crime) by Guy Haley. Started Mark of Faith earlier and it might appeal to female 40K fans as the two main characters are a Sister of Battle and a female Inquisitor. So far it's a pretty good story.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dark Angels players migth find this interesting https://blasphemoustomes.com/2020/10/20/special-secret-societies-and-cults-part-1/

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also this might be of interest for some here:

"Warhammer Horror Submissions: Open Now!

[​IMG]

Your chance to join the hallowed ranks of Black Library writers is here! The guardians of the sacred tomes (or Black Library’s editors, as they’re more commonly known) are getting into the Halloween spirit and looking for spine-chilling stories for the Warhammer Horror range.

There are four strands of horror that they’d like you to explore – Survival, Psychological, Gothic, and Cosmic. Each of these categories offers massive scope for telling terrifying tales across the Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 settings. You can get detailed guidelines about what the editors are looking for, as well as a range of handy tips for planning and executing your devilish ideas, right here.

[​IMG]

You can submit your story ideas right now, and the window will remain open until the spookiest day of the year, the 31st of October. To submit, simply follow the link below and fill in the form with some personal details, a 100-word summary of your story, and a 500-word sample. If you’d like to view the terms and conditions that you’ll agree to by submitting your idea, you’ll find them at the same link, beneath the form.

[​IMG]

If you’re still seeking inspiration for your submission, or if you’ve sent it already and just want to settle back with some scary stories, check out the range of Warhammer Horror books and audio dramas already available. Whether you wish to experience classic vampire murder mysteries from the world-that-was, dark psychological horrors from the 41st Millennium, or a trip into the heart of darkness in the Mortal Realms, there are tales for you.

[​IMG]

Next week will also see five new Warhammer Horror stories released to whet your appetite for terror in the build-up to All Hallow’s Eve. Warhammer Horror Week will take you to the Realms of Fire and Death, where ailing warriors and idle nobles face the darkness within, and to far-future cities where murderers and their would-be hunters face shared destinies. You’ll be able to download each eBook individually or subscribe to read a new story each day from Monday to Friday.

[​IMG]

Get reading and writing, and make sure to submit your idea before the bell tolls on Halloween – and maybe next time there’s a Warhammer Horror week, you’ll be seeing your own name on a cover!"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/19/warhammer-horror-submissions-open-now/

10. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

ALmost finished with Sigismund.

Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @anakincol and any other Dark Angel player migth be interested in the latest episode of The Age of Darkness podcast where they talk about the DA rules in 30k, amogn some other things.

12. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Lol, was listening to it while working on the Lion model.

I have book 9 which covers the rules.

DA honestly have the most Complicated rules for a loyalist Legion. But it makes sense due to the complicated stuff with the Hexagrammaton wings and the secret orders.

So far my 30k Legion

HQ
    Lion El Jonson
    Remdemptor Chaplain
    Praetor in Artifice armor with Terranic great sword and shield
    Praetor in Cataphracti Terminator armor with Terranic great sword and volkite pistol

heavy infantry
    5 man Knights Cenobium squad in Cataphracti with Terranic greatswords

5 main Terminator squad with Power Mauls, Storm Shields with a Consul with Storm bolter

Infantry
    Two 10 man tactical squads in mark 4 armor(10 of which with DA upgrade heads), one with bolters and the other with plasma

Two 10 ten man tactical squads in Mark 3 armor one with bolters and the other with plasma.

A 5 man assault squad with jump packs armed with Bolt pistols and chainswords

5 man interemptor squad With Plasma burners

I will post the picture of the Lion when I only have basing left. Also preordered the Deathwing Companions today along side Gabriel loken and Abaddon.

Loken and Abaddon is going to be a diaroma alongside Sigismund and eventually Kharn

Gamiel likes this.
  13. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

My work in progress of the Lion

Gamiel likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    anakincol and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    "Integrator Chaplain Vader, make them Repent."

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  17. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    The lion and my the first 3 of my Mark IV assault marines are close to done. The Lion i am really happy with as i took my time working in short bursts over wait will be two weeks. The amount of detail on the character models is alot higher than the basic marines, especially for the Primarchs even with their significantly larger size.

The Mark IV guys need to have the jump packs glued on.

Just need to Finish up the Lion's cape. Have a bit a detail work on the edges where there are going to be markings in red.

Ilso need to apply two washes to the Calibinate lion(the animal) pelt on part of the Cape to match the the seperate part of the pelt i alread did. I found GW Zandri dust paint works well for a sandy blonde type base coat, then 1 wash of Seraphim Sepia, to give it a bit of an aged look, and finally a wash of Argax earthshade after the Sepia wash drys completely to darken the recesses works very well.

After that just need to glue the cape, power pack and Iron halo to the model and then after a day or so to allow every thing to cure apply a varnish and figure out what i am going to do for the bases.

While i wait for that to cure i am going to start the final two members Assault squad and start the 2nd squad of Mark III tacticals marines, i was able to get thr Dark angels shoulder upgrade for this squad so less on work with water transfer decals this time.

Also picked up a box of Dark Angels veterans which are mostly 40k models but with some kit bashing(using heresy Dark Angels Helmets or generic Heresy era helmets and bolters) i can make some niced robed Dark Angels for 30k.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Gamiel likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

From

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  19. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh Throne, the Monitron Unit is cherub level nightmare fuel.

Its like a Servo skull with the skin still on.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok. I finished Gaunt 1 and I realized I was digging the short stories sooooo much more then it in this omni, then I checked the dates and yeah they were written way afterwards... the exp Abnett gained from then to then is like a hammer to the face! I’m now starting Gaunt 2 so let’s how jarring it will be coming off that short story in between them. I loved that last one.

anakincol likes this.
  21. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    If after you finish the Gaunt books but still want to read more about the IG, try The Ciaphas Cain books for a less serious take on the setting. Think Black Adder in 40K.

Or if you really want to laugh at 40K try Brutal an Kunning, the new book from the perspective of the ORKZ

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

--------------------------------------------

I'm actually surpriced that we have not seen any mummyfied heads used as servo-skulls among the Imps, I think we have seen somehting like that among Chaos though

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Lion is done except for the base.

I will.post pictures next week after I get over to my parents to borrow digital camera

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    adding:

and:

25. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks.

Those tutorials are great.