main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "In Exile, In Love" Dear Diary Challenge 2009. Obi-wan, Siri Updated 3/18/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrystalSaber_1, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Title: In Exile, In Love (sorry that the title's a little soap-opera-ish)
    Author: CrystalSaber_1
    Timeframe: Just after ROTS
    Genre: diary, angst, mush/romance
    Summary: After the events of ROTS, Obi-wan goes into exile on Tattoine. Siri comes with him.(yea! she's alive!).

In Exile, In Love

Entry 1

This has been the worst and most trying day of my life. Here are just a few events that have made this day...indescribably horrible.

I barely escaped death while battling the droid General Grevious. My (former) troops attempted to kill me. The Supreme Chancellor is a Sith. The Republic has been corrupted into an Empire. My former apprentice, who was like brother and son and friend to me turned against the Jedi and became a Sith. I killed him. Padme is dead. The Jedi Order has been destroyed. Nearly all Jedi have been slaughtered.

I am so full of...emotion. Hurt, pain, anger and sadness. Terrible, unbearable sadness.

There are times I don't know how I can go on. I feel like I will burst from the pain. I want to scream in utter agony of the situation, shout, why, why has this happened?

I feel confused and weak and unsure...emotions I rarely, if ever have felt. My life has changed in ways I can barely grasp, comprehend, in such a short matter of time.

It's gone. They're all gone.

Gone.

Siri. She is here. With me. Thank force I have not lost everything important to me.
    The fact that she is here has given me some hope. A very small amount of hope, but hope never the less.

We are on Tattoine. Exiled. In hiding. A few hours ago we gave Luke to his Aunt and Uncle, Beru and Owen. We will protect him and watch over him with our lives. He could very well be our only chance in the end.

Me and Siri are resting now, but it is likely we will walk all night across the gritty sand until we find shelter.

I will keep this diary to record the events that happen here.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It's so nice that Obi-Wan and Siri are together, to help each with the pain and grief post-Order 66. It'll be interesting how close you stick to canon (Luke, etc.).

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh poor Obi!

:_| :_| :_|

Though having Siri with him will hopefully give him the strength to carry on.

Nice beginning - I'm looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great work! =D=

5. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    I've always wondered what would have happened if Obi-wan hadn't been alone all that time on Tatooine. I'm so glad you've included Siri in this story. That should make Obi-wan's life a little easier (maybe?).

Great job, Crystal. Good luck with everything. I know how hard that can be![:D]

6. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    This sounds really good! I can't wait to see where it goes. :)

7. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Entry 2

Me and Siri have found shelter. It is a small, simple, adobe hovel. It isn't very much, but I really don't care.

We've decided that we can trade with the Jawas who live nearby for food and supplies.

I really, really, hate to admit this, but I cried so hard last night. I sobbed helplessly, like a child, instead
    of a grown man. Siri held me while I cried, stroking my hair, comforting me in my grief. I'm so grateful that she is here.

Having said that, more about the hovel. It is small like I mentioned before. It is also the dirtiest excuse for a
    house I have ever seen. It is actually hard to get the door open, due to the minature sand dunes that have accumulated
    there over time. There is only one bed. I insisted Siri have it, although she claimed that she wouldn't care if she slept
    in a log. I won the fight in the end, and so now I sleep on the sandy floor. The only problem I have with the arrangement
    is the fact that I don't have any ear plugs.

Force, I wouldn't be surprised if they heard Siri's snores in another galaxy.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Force, I wouldn't be surprised if they heard Siri's snores in another galaxy.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

At least they are together and happy about it, despite the unappealing dwelling they will have to live in.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    haha, that's funny. Great job. :)

10. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Awesome update. I'm glad they found a home. I bet there's a few nights where they end up holding each other as they let out all the grief.

Can't wait for more!

11. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Entry 3

Siri and I went to visit, or should I say, spy on Luke today. I say ?spy on? because though it is vital that we ensure he is safe, Owen Lars practically forbid us from placing so much as a hair on his property. So, hence the spying.
    I awoke early and dressed. I had a simple breakfast of an energy bar and some water. Then I tackled the near-impossible task of waking my?room-mate.

I had walked over to Siri?s sleep couch. She was completely engulfed in blankets. The only part of her that was visible was the top of her head, her hair tangled in such a way it resembled the nest of an exotic bird.
    I placed a hand on the bundle. ?Siri, wake up.?

No answer.

This time I shook her a little. ?Siri??
    Eventually I turned to the last resort-insults. ?Siri, I know you need your beauty sleep, but there?s a such thing as overdoing it, you big bantha.?
    I heard a muffled growl. Then, ?what did you just call me??

?You heard me.?

Finally her head appeared. ?What time is it?? she asked groggily.
    ?Late. We have to go and make sure Luke is okay.?
    She covered her head with the blankets once again. She was silent for such a long time that I thought she had fallen asleep again. Then I heard a muffled groan. ?Fine. Just give me some time to get dressed and eat.?

?And hopefully brush your hair while you?re at it.? I muttered under my breath.

About an hour later, we had finally left and reached the Lars homestead. We found a place to sit, out of sight of Beru, who was strolling with Luke in her arms.

?Everything changed so fast, didn?t it?? Siri said suddenly.
    I felt my back stiffen. ?What do you mean??
    She shot me a look ?You know what I mean.?
    I shrugged uncomfortably. ?I suppose.?
    She turned her body so she was facing me head on. ?You really don?t want to talk about this, do you??

I remained silent. Siri sighed. Her blue eyes were narrowed with concern. ?Look. You?re grieving. So am I. But you know, you don?t have to go it alone. If you wan to talk about anything, just know I?m here.?
    I nodded. It was rare for Siri to become sentimental, so I knew she was giving me a great gift-of listening. ?Thank you. I?ll be sure to remember that if I ever feel the need to talk.?

Siri continued to watch me, as though she expected me to say something more. Then her expression changed to one of mirth.

?What amuses you??

She chuckled. ?You are so stubborn.?

?What do you mean??

She just shook her head and leaned her head against my shoulder.

12. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    An excellent start my young padawan. :)

You've written Obi-Wan's despair very well indeed. The question in my mind is did he really kill Anakin? Or shall we see Vader make an appearance later....

Please keep me updated on this one too.

13. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Entry 4

Siri and I encountered some Tusken Raiders today on our way to see Luke. We had been about a mile or two away from the Lars homestead when I felt a sudden warning of danger through the Force. I shot a quick look at Siri. She nodded. ?I feel it too.?

In unison we drew our lightsabers but did not activate them. We would only use violence in a tense situation as a last resort.

I noticed movement in the corner of my eye. A strong built, weapon brandishing Tusken Raider came into view, then another. Before long we were completely surrounded.

Tusken Raiders ?affectionately? nicknamed ?the Sand People? by the locals, are a barbaric, violent lot.

One of them, their leader most likely, stepped forward and walked towards us. He carried a long blaster rifle, and he had several small but lethal looking daggers attached to his belt.

He stopped several paces before us. ?How dare you trespass on our territory?!? he snarled, his voice muffled by the layers of cloth that surrounded his head.

?We mean no harm? Siri answered evenly. ?We?re just passing thro-?

The Tusken raised his rifle so it was aimed directly at her head. ?It makes no difference.?
    Siri didn?t even flinch. ?Then we?ll just be on our way.?

Seeming to contemplate, he remained motionless for several seconds. Then ever so slowly, he lowered his weapon. ?We will let you go with your lives-this time. If you are ever found on so much as an inch of our land we will not hesitate to slaughter you.?

Siri nodded and started off in the opposite direction of the Lars home. I followed her out of the circle of warriors. We did not speak until we were out of their view.

?What do we do now?? Siri murmured.

?We can?t stop seeing Luke. It?s imperative that we keep him safe.? I said firmly.

?I know, I know? Siri moaned. ?But how can we? Even if we were able to hold them off despite their numbers, we would still be risking the chance of serious injury. And what if we led them to Luke? We could be putting him in more danger than ever.?

I sighed. ?It?s a chance we?ll have to take. We?re just going to have to find a way around them.?

?I suppose? Siri muttered under her breath. In a louder tone of voice she asked, ?I wonder why they didn?t attack us outright. From what I know of Tuskens they aren?t so?partial to diplomacy.?

I shrugged. ?Maybe they are low on warriors and they didn?t want to risk decreasing their numbers. Perhaps they sensed we were more dangerous then we appeared. I don?t know.?

Siri shot me a look. ?All I know is, we?re going to have a hell of a time getting by them.?

14. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    :eek:

I don't think I'd want to meet Tusken Raiders. They're pretty scary. I hope Obi-Wan and Siri will continue to find a way to see Luke.

Great job, Crystal. I can't wait for more!

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?It?s a chance we?ll have to take. We?re just going to have to find a way around them.?

?I suppose? Siri muttered under her breath. In a louder tone of voice she asked, ?I wonder why they didn?t attack us outright. From what I know of Tuskens they aren?t so?partial to diplomacy.?

I shrugged. ?Maybe they are low on warriors and they didn?t want to risk decreasing their numbers. Perhaps they sensed we were more dangerous then we appeared. I don?t know.?

Or maybe Anakin's "reputation" preceded them? From years ago.

16. addiction911

addiction911 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2009
    Oooooo.... sounds like a good story so far!=D=
    I love it!

17. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thank you for your wonderful comments!

Entry 5
    I have been very ill for the past three days. Fever, cold chills, nausea, vomiting, pain-the whole nine yards. I feel awful. Siri refuses to leave me for even a moment. I?ve pleaded with her to go and see Luke but she is so stubborn. She has taken care of me for the past few days, which is very kind of her.
    I am very tired. I should probably stop writing. I?m actually ?supposed? to be asleep right now-at least according to Siri?s orders. If she notices that I?m awake she?ll take away this bo-

18. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Entry 6
    I was finally able to convince Siri to leave and see Luke today. I am a bit apprehensive, as we have not located a route to the Lars homestead that does not pass through Tusken territory. I wish I could go with her, but my body will not allow it. Even simply standing causes me waves of nausea and dizziness. She has promised me that she will be careful, which make me even more nervous. Really, whenever has Siri been careful?

19. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    OK I thought I ought to let you know Ive been lurking on your obi-Siri diaries both here and in the before. I think your understanding of their relationship has grown and your voice for them as a couple has matured. Just wanted to give you a thumbs up and know that Ill be checking in even if I am too busy to post. Long live SiriWan!

20. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great couple of entries,

I think you've captured Obi and Siri's characters perfectly.

Look forward to more.

EG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.