main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Path of His Namesake--In which BOTH Anakins appear!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hi everybody. Welcome to my third ever thread. This one is all my own. Enjoy!

Synopsis: Ya ain't gittin' one.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

It began as a mild headache behind his eyes. A brief session of self-healing was enough to obliterate it utterly, and he returned to his breakfast with no ado. The first prickling of unease came around an hour later, when the pain returned more viciously than before. In the midst of a saber exercise, he took a moment to down a pill, thinking that he had seen the last of this ailment.

Not so. The drug seemed more effective, but by lunch the headache had become a throbbing pain from his eyes to his ears; more medicine was consumed, but three hours later, it was a searing heat along his skull.

The pain finally ended long after Anakin Solo had fallen asleep, his system inundated with pain killers. It ended with a whisper and a gentle, psychic sound that can only be described as a pop, followed by a deep silence and a soft curse in the recesses of the boy's mind.

"Sith spit."

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    Have I caught anyone's attention? Is anyone interested? Hmmmm?

2. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    in the words of Jeff Foxworthy: "you have my attention"
    eagerly awaiting a continuation...

3. Darth Zane

Darth Zane Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm paying attention. Write more.

4. reklawyks

reklawyks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    It looks interesting. Please continue writing. I'll be looking forward to more.

5. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    You've caught my attention, too.

6. Twinnie2

Twinnie2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2000
    and mine.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Mine to!!!!! Write more please!!!! :)

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    To quote the Firebats from Starcraft:

"You've got my attention."

Keep going.

9. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Woo-hoo! Let's move on, shall we?

Thoughts inside Anakin's head are indicated like <this>

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    <Wake up>

<Huh> Anakin was only vaguely aware that it was before dawn, and that he was in the med unit. That was a mild shock, because he had not been sick or injured . . . wait. The headache. Okay. He touched his temples gingerly, discovered his skull was intact, and rejoiced.

<You awake yet?>

Now he made an Olympic event out of the sitting jump. That _had not been his thought_! <Oh Force I'm going insane!>

<No you're not. Calm down.>

<Who are you?>

<I'll tell you in a minute. Right now just sit still and stop whimpering.>

<Hey! I'm not whimpering . . . Sorry. Guess I was.> _I'm apologizing to a FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION!!_ He fought the urge to cry and covered his head with a pillow.

<I told them you wouldn't understand.>

<Them? Them who? Are there MORE people in my head!?>

<Anakin Solo! You are NOT insane and I am NOT a figment of your imagination. I am, if you must know, a ghost, or a Force spirit. I was once very much alive, thank you.>

There was a long, long pause as Anakin digested this. He was, perhaps, the first person in the galaxy to cheer when he realized he was being possessed.

<You are a strange child.> The foreign voice observed mildly. Now that he was not panicked, he took a moment to observe the voice. It seemed to originate in the back of his brain, then float along the entire surface. It was comforting, almost. Anakin knew at that moment that the being in residence was benign. It would be a gross understatement to say he was relieved.

<Now will you tell me who you are? Are you the ghost of a Jedi? And why are you in my head?>

<You must promise me that you will not scream or do anything rash. Like tell anyone.>

<Uhm . . . okay.>

<My name is Anakin Skywalker.>

Despite his promise, Anakin fell completely off the bed, and said out loud, "WHO!!!?"

Another occupant of the med bay stirred and the droid on call glanced up, but by that time, Anakin had replaced himself in bed and was pretending to sleep.

<Really?> he finally asked, almost timid.

There was a warm wave that Anakin interpreted as a chuckle. <Yes, really.> Another observation: the voice was young, almost adolescent. <Because _you're_ an adolescent, Anakin. I must admit, it is an interesting feeling.>

<Can I ask you something?>

This time the voice rang with sincerity and a depth of love that shocked him. <I can deny you nothing.>

<Why . . . why did you turn?>

<Had to start this on a negative turn, didn't you? Oh well. Can it wait a little while? You're tired and need to rest. Aren't you supposed to spar with my son tomorrow?> When Skywalker said 'my son', Anakin caught a glimpse of pride and love and dedication that awed him.

<Yes, Grandfather. Good night.>

There was a long pause. <Good night, Anakin.>

10. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    Curiouser and curiouser.

11. SkySaber

SkySaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    I love this!!! Keep up, we're all waiting!

12. Twinnie2

Oct 21, 2000
    yes it's cute :)
    keep going Clarus !

13. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    You have my attention too!!!

I think this is a REALLY cool idea!!!

14. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Uh, I love this, Anakin the first ever to cheer when possessed. LOL. Very cute.

15. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    I?ll note right now that this contains spoilers for both trilogies, the books, and a comic book or two. I think Cindé?s signature reads ?Spoiler free? Nah, not me!? It is apt for this story. :) Also, I am pretending like the stuff with the Vong is over with and that (SPOILER!!) Mara has had her baby boy, whom she named Ben.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

Anakin met Luke?s lightsaber with practiced ease; he was good, not quite as good as his uncle, but better than most of the others. When he fought, his lightsaber was a part of him, and he of it; it was an extension of his body. The Force flowed through him, amplifying his senses, creating peace in him. Grandfather had locked himself away inside Anakin?s mind; there was a tiny weight there, but no presence, certainly nothing that was discernibly Anakin Skywalker.

Luke grinned at him as he called the session. ?Very good, Anakin.?

?Thank you, Master,? Anakin said, bowing. He felt Anakin unfurl in his mind, almost like a flame coming to life suddenly. <Luke.> the presence said once, combined with an image of Uncle Luke leaning over him, features haggard and eyes raw and red. <Oh, my son.> The fire dampened itself and was gone.

?Are you alright, Anakin?? Luke asked, concerned. He took a step forward, looked like he was about to lay a hand on the young man?s head. Anakin ducked back; there was no way to know what the Master might find.

?I?m good.?

?The headache??

?Huh? Oh, that.? He?d forgotten all about it. ?It went away last night while I was asleep.?

?Good.? Luke wiped the sweat from his brow with a towel. ?Don?t ever hesitate to call a session if you?re ill, Anakin. I don?t expect you to learn while you?re weak.?

?Besides that,? Anakin grinned, ?My mom would kill you.?

Luke laughed. ?Quite likely. I?ll see you later.?

As Luke left, Anakin felt grandfather return. Every time the man thought of Luke, it was accompanied by such a stream of love and protectiveness and sorrow that it hurt Anakin?s heart to hear. <Is that what it feels like to have a child?> Anakin asked his grandfather.

<I don?t know.> There was a chuckle. <That?s what it feels like to have a child responsible for saving your soul.>

Anakin pulled his coat on and headed toward his room. <Will you tell me why you?re here now?>

The other sighed. <I am here because the other Jedi, who out rank me anyway but felt it necessary to bring up certain sins of my past, felt I was needed. They think you are approaching a juncture, Anakin, and that without help, you might fail.>

<You guys don?t butt in with other stuff, though. Like with the Vong. We came _real_ close to failing then.>

<The Vong? Oh, them. You?re right, we try to stay out of this unless there is tampering from the other side, which there has been, or will be. I don?t know what, and neither do the other Jedi. I think I?m supposed to stop the tampering, though.>

<Oh.> A beat. <So. When do we start?>

<I don?t know. I wish they?d put me in someone else?s body, though. I don?t like the idea of risking you.>

<But someone else wouldn?t accept you the way I am. Heck, I?ve wanted to meet you since I found out I was named after somebody.>

There was a wave of pride that died as soon as it appeared, along with the sensation that Anakin Skywalker did not deserve to be proud. Anakin Solo began to suspect that his grandfather had the self confidence of strained peas, no matter how he talked. <Anakin . . . you know what I did.>

<I know that you were once Darth Vader.>

<I was a monster.>

<The operative word being ?was?.>

There was silence that quickly became unbearable. <Tell me about my grandmother.>

The shame that followed was enough to bring Anakin to a halt, trying to find his center and not eject his breakfast. <I?m so sorry, Ani, I didn?t . . . Force, I?m sorry . . . I?ll put up shields now. Leave you alone for a while.>

<No! Please! It?s okay. Tell me.>

More silence, and as Anakin resolved to just leave his grandfather alone, the man answe

16. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    this story is really awesome!

17. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    WOW! What a great story! Keep it coming! The thought of the two Anakin being able to communicate...too cool!

18. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Upping.

19. Darth Zane

Apr 21, 2000
    I love this. Absolutly love it. Can't wait for more.

20. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Thank you Clarus! Thank you for showing me this encounter! This story is wonderful!

21. Darth Zane

Apr 21, 2000
  22. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    That was *sniff* awesome!
    So sad though. :)
    I loved it!
    MORE PLEASE!!!

23. Twinnie2

Oct 21, 2000
    oh no, Ani and Padmé are MEANT to be together... they must feel so lonely... Anakin seems so sad !

*Twinnie starts crying too*

24. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Come on, Anakin and Padme have to get together, that's not fair! lol. Keep it coming! UP!

25. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Awww . . . Thanks, everyone. Here's a tiny piece.

FYI: Thoughts in Anakin's head are indicated <like this>
    |<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    Anakin was having difficulty concentrating. Given his circumstances, he was not to be blamed. His grandfather tried to keep to himself during these periods, but, as he had said, he could deny Anakin nothing, and answered his questions. The younger wondered if Darth Vader had been this talkative.

That thought sent Anakin Skywaker into a fit of psychic laughter. When he finally calmed down, he replied in all seriousness, <No.>

The library was quiet, despite the horde of Jedi who surrounded Kyp Durron on the other side. But then, Kyp's horde was ever-present and ever-annoying. Anakin sighed and buried his head into the dusty book he'd had to levitate to reach. It was bound in leather and made of actual paper, something he'd rarely seen.

<So who was that?> Anakin asked, indicating a picture that his grandfather had expressed interest in.

<Exar Kun. He was a famous Sith.>

<That's him? He was the one that inhabited this Temple for a while.>

<Truly? I was unaware of that.> There was a pause. <The Alliance made this a base once. Did he cause any trouble for them?>

<I don't think so. It wasn't until we moved in--that is, the Academy--that he started misbehaving. He knocked Luke out, and we all thought he was dead.>

<Kun was a pile of bantha poodoo compared to Palpatine.>

<Oh. Did it hurt when you killed him?>

Skywalker laughed again. <You mean besides having millions of volts of electricity flow through my body and fry all the bionic parts I had to have in order to exist? No, it felt great.>

"Hey, Anakin." Anakin looked up to see Kyp standing at his table. Kyp was barely thirty, eleven years older than Anakin, but he still acted like an adolescent sometimes, with his groupies. He intimidated Anakin just a little, because Kyp had followed the dark path for a while. "What you reading?"

"Just an assignment for my history class."

"Ah. History. The most pointless of all studies."

Anakin saw where this was heading; Kyp and his cronies were always trying to get Anakin to side with them against Uncle Luke. He stood and walked past the older Jedi, faintly amused by his grandfather's disgusted muttering. <He calls himself a Master? He's not even old enough to have trained a padawan . . . he radiates the Dark Side . . .why hasn't he been excommunicated yet?>

<Because he'd take all of them with him.> Anakin said, indicating the group Kyp had returned to, a delighted smile on his face. <I wonder what he thinks he accomplished.>

<Rooting you out.>

<Does he really feel that bad?>

<Oh, yes. He'll cause much more hurt before he dies. Yoda was very right about that. The Dark Side does tend to dominate your desity.>

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    I don't like Kyp Durron. At all. May he fall and die painfully. That's why, of all the characters, his will be the least believable. (mutters, Anakin-style, "Petty, no good, double crossing, son of a sith . . .")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.